Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I feel like women’s standards are too high

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because they have an unlimited amount of options at their finger tips, when even a woman who looks like jabba the hutt can be swarmed by thousands of men it boosts her ego.

90% of societies problems today would be solved if the majority of men just stopped being so thirsty
right.. all of the OTHER men, but not us.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have some bugle whale on my social media, with 3 kids, and she literally ridicules the men who DM her, then the sisterhood join her in the comments sections telling her "He hasnt got a chance with you Queen"

its Comedy Value

Glassguy

Reaction score
@SW15 @cola Are both right. OLD and social media have given women a false sense of "options". They see these options as LTR options when 90% of those men only want to fvck them.
And I believe their mind changes daily because of those false options.
Its like a huge buffet. Constantly changing their mind on what to put on their plate.
Its easier to change your mind when you have 50 dudes hitting you up every week on social media and OLD every week.

We live in the time of dating where everyone is always looking for a better option or upgrade, and women seem to think all that glitters must be gold.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is a FACT that women’s standards are too high because they will have a hard time scoring the guys who meets all these standards
...and if they do they will likely pump her and dump her like a hot potatoe. Then she will cry about how all men are jerks.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have women and you have "single" women. "Single" women are basically zebras that can't be domesticated. No game, money, status, or whatever bs is going to get these women to fully submit.
What about a cattle prod?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because they have an unlimited amount of options at their finger tips, when even a woman who looks like jabba the hutt can be swarmed by thousands of men it boosts her ego.

90% of societies problems today would be solved if the majority of men just stopped being so thirsty
You cant fault someone that is starving for being hungry. When you have a set up where only 10% of white guys (5% black or other races) are successful with 90% of women then what about the rest of the 90% that have to go after the other 10%? So of course guys are thirsty.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, women's standards are high, and will only get higher the way our social media driven society is going. However, that is none of our concern. All we can do is focus on ourselves and become the best version of ourselves we can possibly be. The goal is not to find a woman...the goal is to achieve success and personal growth. Just continue on your path as a man and women will come. Stop trying to be the main contender, or the most interesting guy in the bar; but be the most interesting and successful you, you can be. You won't be able to change a woman's standards...you are only able to change your own mindset.

Best post in this thread. Don't worry about what they "want." Build yourself and your empire. Then you will never be out of options.

I had a random 8 judging by her pictures from Texas message me on Facebook the other day coming onto me saying she is envious of my lifestyle and hopes to meet me one day lol. No idea how she is even on my friend list. But i told her if im ever out around the Austin area i'll hit her up.

Prob the closest ill ever get to Texas is Arizona and Nevada though. But i thought it was funny.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@SW15 @cola Are both right. OLD and social media have given women a false sense of "options". They see these options as LTR options when 90% of those men only want to fvck them.
And I believe their mind changes daily because of those false options.
Its like a huge buffet. Constantly changing their mind on what to put on their plate.
Its easier to change your mind when you have 50 dudes hitting you up every week on social media and OLD every week.

We live in the time of dating where everyone is always looking for a better option or upgrade, and women seem to think all that glitters must be gold.
All accurate.

Dude, even the overweight, fugly HB 4s have the line "Not here for hookups or FWB" on their profile.
I saw this years ago on apps when I was on apps.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, so I basically think that women’s standards are too high.
Coming from experience, I happen to know for a fact that every woman out there has at least some sort of idea of their perfect man. Their Prince Charming, who is smart, funny, 9-10, physically fit, polite, a perfect gentleman, has fantastic fashion sense, is very fun, etc. And with all the drooling guys out there today, I feel like the women of the world think they can’t settle for anything less. Many women, I think, are “saving themselves” for that perfect man who will sweep them off their feet and carry them into the sunset... leaving guys like me, who are just about average, unhappily overlooked.
Not that I’m a boring person (I don’t think). I’m pretty average-looking, and I am intelligent, fairly polite, and have been told that I am very funny. Maybe I won’t be the most interesting guy in the bar, but I definitely think I could be a main contender. However, I feel that it isn’t enough because women won’t take anything less than perfection.
Are women setting the bar too high?
— A worried Don Juan
Hey OP,

Thanks for the post. A lot of guys feel the same way you do. And you are correct, women have always had very high standards in the guys they date and especially marry.

It's gotten even more difficult for any guy--even "Chad" as he's often competing with other Chads--to date attractive decent women. There's been a growing trend the past 15+ years of what's called the Paradox of Choice whereby women have too many choices in the guys they date via social media, OLD, IRL, and social circles. So, they date around never really satisfied with what they have. They may stick with a guy but the guy doesn't get much slack in messing up and he's usually out after a couple small slip ups. So, said woman keeps riding the dating merry go round, occasionally stopping for a guy, but always tempted to hop back on when something "better" comes along.

The good news is you can't change 100,000 years of biology with phone apps and the internet. Women are still largely programmed to be nurturers who would prefer to settle down with one solid man. Don’t believe me? Ask 10 and see what they say. But, society dictates differently. Now, women's empowerment, feminism, #metoo, sexual freedom, and "equality" have all been drilled into their heads from a very young age. So now you have a woman who thinks, I'd love to find a solid man and have kids and get married and settle and stop all the dating BS (and most women DO hate traditional dating), BUT look at all the options for men I have and I was taught to be strong and independent, etc., etc. So now you have millions of hot women out there going through what's called an Internal Civil War.

So what can a decent guy do? Lots of things, actually. Here’s a short list to increase your chances for success:
  1. STOP focusing on women so much. Yes, they’re fun to play with and even hangout with on occasion but they should NEVER be the driving force in your life. See women as a small side dish on a huge plate of food; tasty and good to eat but never the main course. You’ll actually attract more women by way of the Law of Indirect Effort (Google it).
  2. Build a better YOU. DO focus on your career, friends, body, hobbies, money (big), maybe a side hustle. Have BIG goals, dreams and aspirations. Women LOVE motivated men with a life plan. Talk about your passions and goals. Yeah, the hot bartender with zero jingle in his pocket might get laid on the regular, but being broke and living with your parents, roommates, or in a dumpy apartment isn’t “cool” anymore when you’re 40. Play for the long game. Gates, Bezos, Musk, Buffett, Gary Vee, Tony Robbins, Jobs, never got rich being day traders.
  3. Persistence. Date OLD, IRL, when Covid blows over join groups, MeetUps. A gym is a good place to meet friends and women. Even if they have era buds in, I casually stroll up, motion for them to take them out (they always do), and have a chat if it’s appropriate. Most are happy to talk. See it all as fun and a supplement only. Women can sniff out desperation 10 miles away even if you’re trying to fake it. It’s repulsive to them, actually, Yes, you do need to put yourself out there, but don’t force or push. It is a balancing act that takes patience and practice.
  4. Stay away from the NEGATIVE DOOMSDAY’ers. Some are on SS, many in real life. You’ll neve bring them up, they only bring you DOWN. Not all advice is good advice.
  5. LEARN. Learn what women are attracted to and what turns them off. Fine-tune your game based on this. Easier for some than others but anyone can improve if they work at it. Some really good resources out there. Some real piles of s*it too. There are probably 30,000,000 men’s’ dating “Coaches” now. 99% don’t know their head from their ass. Stick to the tried and true gurus; some good ones on SS too whose posts I always pay attention to.
  6. Find your NICHE and be DIFFERENT. Women HATE dull, boring, homogenous guys. Even a guys’ version of a HB9, though he may get laid like my bartender example, won’t have squat for a long game or in keeping a girl around if he doesn’t have a personality, drive, ambition, goals, charisma to match. Find what you’re really good at and get GREAT. Lots of average looking guys out there who are successful in business, athletics, whatever who women are wildly attracted to. And before all the Negative Nelly’s on SS chime in, it’s NOT always about how much $$ a guy has. It does have more to do with HOW he got there and the drive, determination, and smarts it took to achieve it. Women are highly attracted to successful men, not losers living check to check in a $500/month beat-up efficiency next to Cabrini Green (Google it).
Hope that help, brother. You seem like a decent sincere guy. PM me if you have questions.

Ciao,

~Dash~

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, OP. Their standards are too high. It actually hurts them. Far too many women are riding the **** Carousel past their prime years, destroying their chances to end up with a suitable mate. All that’s left are beta simps who they resent.

Don’t sweat this at all. Father times is undefeated. We appreciate with age. Women are used up by 30.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem are not the high standards modern women have, the problem is the low to the bottom quality most women provide.

The average man no longer wants to put some serious effort to improve himself when today average woman is yestereday bottom trash.
Yes the average woman offers less than the average woman of yesteryear.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It honestly isn't that hard to be better than 85% of the guys on OLD.

I have a great career, no credit card debt, own my house, make 6 figures plus and that number will continue to increase, can basically make $60-80 an hour on the side working on projects whenever I want to, and am in reasonably good shape with a muscular build. I can hold a conversation on a wide variety of topics, am fun loving, silly and have an adventurous streak. I also fvck like a champ.

That puts me squarely in the upper echelon of dudes on OLD in terms of anything not looks based. Am I great looking? No. But I am not ugly either. I do pretty well for myself there. My pipeline is overflowing.

I suggest for guys that are complaining that they focus on themselves and making themselves a better version of themself first and foremost. How you talk, carry yourself, interact with people...Women WILL notice.

Most guys don't realize the vast majority of their competition is whack. They are the dudes texting nonstop, freaking out if they don't hear from her, acting needy and desperate, etc...Just because someone has a lot of options doesn't make them good ones.

Last edited:

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
You cant fault someone that is starving for being hungry. When you have a set up where only 10% of white guys (5% black or other races) are successful with 90% of women then what about the rest of the 90% that have to go after the other 10%? So of course guys are thirsty.
Look at every womans photos on social media and you see hordes if simps complimenting them for nothing. Even before red pill i never sunk that low, and I'm pretty sure its the same for most men here.

It is 100% their fault for inflating womens ego, most of these men have zero social calibration and ruin it for the rest of us

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, so I basically think that women’s standards are too high.
Coming from experience, I happen to know for a fact that every woman out there has at least some sort of idea of their perfect man. Their Prince Charming, who is smart, funny, 9-10, physically fit, polite, a perfect gentleman, has fantastic fashion sense, is very fun, etc. And with all the drooling guys out there today, I feel like the women of the world think they can’t settle for anything less. Many women, I think, are “saving themselves” for that perfect man who will sweep them off their feet and carry them into the sunset... leaving guys like me, who are just about average, unhappily overlooked.
Not that I’m a boring person (I don’t think). I’m pretty average-looking, and I am intelligent, fairly polite, and have been told that I am very funny. Maybe I won’t be the most interesting guy in the bar, but I definitely think I could be a main contender. However, I feel that it isn’t enough because women won’t take anything less than perfection.
Are women setting the bar too high?
— A worried Don Juan
Cool story bro.

It is to your point true but this isn't a charity. It's simple economics. women hold out for the highest bidder blue check zillionaire. drunk on power till they go bust.

Enjoy the decline.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It honestly isn't that hard to be better than 85% of the guys on OLD.

I have a great career, no credit card debt, own my house, make 6 figures plus and that number will continue to increase, can basically make $60-80 an hour on the side working on projects whenever I want to, and am in reasonably good shape with a muscular build. I can hold a conversation on a wide variety of topics, am fun loving, silly and have an adventurous streak. I also fvck like a champ.

That puts me squarely in the upper echelon of dudes on OLD in terms of anything not looks based. Am I great looking? No. But I am not ugly either. I do pretty well for myself there. My pipeline is overflowing.

I suggest for guys that are complaining that they focus on themselves and making themselves a better version of themself first and foremost. How you talk, carry yourself, interact with people...Women WILL notice.

Most guys don't realize the vast majority of their competition is whack. They are the dudes texting nonstop, freaking out if they don't hear from her, acting needy and desperate, etc...Just because someone has a lot of options doesn't make them good ones.
I cannot stress this enough. While I won't say I am at the top of the dominance hierarchy, this is the mark. Fellas should shoot their shot but cultivate a great lifestyle of their own. Enjoy the decline. pillage what they can. Bust out the popcorn. Watch the show of crazy cat farm ladies. Lulz!