I dont sleep

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am surprised that cortisol would even be a problem for you.
when I have coffee I enjoy i, but it 100% jacks my anxiety up the strength I have it, plus my lack of sleep,

this coincides with how long it took me to put muscle on, and 4 billion miles running a day still wouldnt get rid of my stomach/love handles. yet my chest shoulders and legs are jacked within reason, this is all apparently usual for poor sleepers, with caffeine usage.

time will tell

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
can be all sorts. even things like certain diets, last meal of day can cause sleep issues.

I tend to wake up naturally around 3-4am each day, even at the weekend, but I'm usually asleep by 10 so not end of the world. II exceercise most days first thing whilst fasted, so its not exercise late in the evening causing my 'issues'.

yes sleep is important, but not everyone needs 8 hours. books like that Walker one are no doubt useful for many, but can also cause anxiety for some around thinking they're not getting enough, when it's not always the case. In faact I'd hate to be getting 8 hours + , as I wouldn;t have enough time in my day! and no, I don;t think getting those 2 extra hours or so would make me more productive. I can get a lot done in an extra 14 or so hours a week, 48 a month etc.

I'm 41, look young for my age, single digit body fat, exercise intensely most days etc. I also have quarterly private blood tests that cover pretty much everything from blood cells, organs, vitamin levels, test levels etc and so far everything is healthy.

Caused me concern, slight anxiety for years as everyone says 'you must get 8 hours', but there are reports out there that thats not always the case. I think it also helps a good deal if your diet is on point and no doubt genetics play a part.

If everything is healthy - diet, exercise and you don;t feel like ****, I wouldn't worry too much tbh. In fact I embrace it, as gives me opportunity to get a lot of stuff done whilst most are sleeping. You may find you sleep less most days, then have the odd day where you sleep an extra hour or 2 naturally.

Last edited:

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That walk at 8pm is probably too late. Some people get cortisol increases from late night activity and it could be keeping you up.

You may need to see a doc for a sleep study.

balder

Don Juan
Reaction score
just walk before the sleep or watch youtube
it always helps:)

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anyone got advice for me to assist sleep?

Im 38 now and as many will know I am over a year sober, I thought this would cure all my sleep issues and I would go deep sleep all the way through.

This hasnt been the case, my sleep is broke all the way through the night, and as others are getting up 7am, thats when I go into a deep 2 hour sleep. but it takes a nights fidgeting to get there,

1)My room is dark
2)Caffeine is ltd
3) I do an hours walk at 8pm, makes no difference whatsoever to me falling asleep.

I dont go to bed till 2am most nights, Im going to bring the hour I get up to around 8am

Hope it helps but ultimately if neither works, you have a mental misalignment that needs to be addressed by a professional.

Modern Man Advice

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Might be available as ZMA, it’s a lifters recovery capsule. Zinc-magnesium acetate.

i will take a look

Update: not available to buy over the counter in the UK

Striker_93

Banned
Reaction score
Try listening to rain/storm sounds on YouTube, you can even try listening to hours long scary stories, just turn of all lights, no TV, just let ya phone play and zone out, works for me.

Also, stop stressing sleep as it will make it worse, you're body will get the sleep it needs so if you're not sleeping just assume ya body doesn't need it, if you were exhausted then you're body would shut down and force you to sleep.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Im 38 now and as many will know I am over a year sober, I thought this would cure all my sleep issues and I would go deep sleep all the way through.

This hasnt been the case, my sleep is broke all the way through the night, and as others are getting up 7am, thats when I go into a deep 2 hour sleep. but it takes a nights fidgeting to get there,

1)My room is dark
2)Caffeine is ltd
3) I do an hours walk at 8pm, makes no difference whatsoever to me falling asleep.

I dont go to bed till 2am most nights, Im going to bring the hour I get up to around 8am
check for mental problems like early signs of dementia or schizophrenia

just to be on the safe side that it is not something pathological

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Insomnia, please release me and let me dream
Of makin' mad love to my girl on the heath
Tearin' off tights with my teeth

But there's no release, no peace
I toss and turn without cease
Like a curse, open my eyes, rise like yeast.
At least a couple of weeks
Since I last slept, kept takin' sleepers
But now I keep myself pep
Deeper still, the night
I write by candlelight, I find insight
Fundamental movement
So when it's black
This insomnia takin'-original-tack(?)
Keep the beast in my nature
Under ceaseless attack... I gets no sleep

I can't get no sleep

balder

Don Juan
Reaction score
once again i had trouble falling asleep and always had. I tried everything. But only youtube helps sometimes and some advices which you can take a look at. but I stopped fighting it and let my racing thoughts race on and watch the sun come up:)
good luck;)

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to the drug store and buy the OTC tablets called “Midnight”. You chew them (only one per night). They chew very easily snd taste great. Within a half hour you’ll be very tired and ready for sleep.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

1)My room is dark
2)Caffeine is ltd

Jre 1109. Matt walker is a Dr who specializes in sleep. Spectacular pod. Read the book after. It is a life saver.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to the drug store and buy the OTC tablets called “Midnight”. You chew them (only one per night). They chew very easily snd taste great. Within a half hour you’ll be very tired and ready for sleep.
Under a brain scan, sleeping pills track like getting drunk and passing out. It's not deep REM sleep. It's also why people feel like rubbish after they wake. It's obviously better than insomnia.

Lifestyle changes are ideal. Cut caffeine, darken your room, sleep mask, dim light on TV, phone, bedroom after 6pm. Get new bedding. New pillow. Make sleep into something more than it is.

Imagine if our medical system promoted sleep? 8 hours of deep REM sleep regularly would change lives.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a growing amount of youn men in their 20s and 30s with ED and low testosterone. Willing to wager their sleep is rubbish.