Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I don't really have a plan right now...

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks like this thread is just gonna devolve into Gainz and Gamisch agreeing with each other and bashing me, which isn't what I came for, so I'll just ignore that.

I appreciate those few of you who provided actual practical advice and if anybody else wants to offer something insightful that helped them become decisive with how they decided to become financially independent I'd love if you could share what worked for you, especially if you started out in a similar position as myself here.

So specifically thank you @Stoic and @Captain Redbeard for your advice.
I gave you practical advice, you just want people to validate what you think. Work 2 jobs, save money, forget about women, move out of parents house.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
@BPH - not personal, but generational. Try to laugh; sometimes, young men need a swift kick in the arse to realize how self-indulgent they're being - I wish I'd had my ass handed to me more regularly by some who cared to mentor me:

Ah, meet the 30-year-old Millennial Casanova, the legend in his mind. He was still living with Mom because why not? A home-cooked meal is a chick magnet, didn't you know? He's got the trifecta: killer gaming skills, an aversion to "working for the man," and an ego so big it's practically a separate tenant in that house he shares with Mom.

Oh yes, he’s going to be a Twitch star, wait. Forget that the market is oversaturated; those other gamers don't have his unique blend of arrogance and a Level 10 Paladin. Why should he toil away in a cubicle when he could be raking in those sweet internet coins?

And ladies, brace yourselves. Because he doesn't just think he's God's gift to video games; he's also under the delusion that he's irresistible to women. Of course! Because what woman can resist a man who's a big deal in the virtual world but can't be bothered to join the actual one?

But let's cut him some slack; maybe he's waiting for the right opportunity, like becoming the poster child for 'How Not to Adult.' He might not want to work for "the man," but let's be clear: right now, "the man" is probably whoever's face graces the cereal box he had for breakfast this morning—paid for by Mom, naturally.

So here's to you, fearless Millennial, forever young in your fortress of solitude—or should I say, your childhood bedroom. May your Wi-Fi be strong and your self-awareness someday kick in.

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm still living in my parent's house working the same part-time job at the medical marijuana clinic making the same $22.50/hour.
Multiplying by 40 hours / week and 52 weeks/year gives you $46,800 / year salary as a full time job. My advice is to go full time and just put up with your boss. That boss is going to help you go from broke to having money. Complain to your friends about him, maybe that helps.

Doing something that doesn't earn money is a hobby. If your various business ideas had earned some money, maybe you could upgrade them to a "side hustle". Key being "side", meaning on the side from your full time job. Even if you're making a few thousand a month from a side hustle, your full time job is a better source of money.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@BPH - not personal, but generational. Try to laugh; sometimes, young men need a swift kick in the arse to realize how self-indulgent they're being - I wish I'd had my ass handed to me more regularly by some who cared to mentor me:

Ah, meet the 30-year-old Millennial Casanova, the legend in his mind. He was still living with Mom because why not? A home-cooked meal is a chick magnet, didn't you know? He's got the trifecta: killer gaming skills, an aversion to "working for the man," and an ego so big it's practically a separate tenant in that house he shares with Mom.

Oh yes, he’s going to be a Twitch star, wait. Forget that the market is oversaturated; those other gamers don't have his unique blend of arrogance and a Level 10 Paladin. Why should he toil away in a cubicle when he could be raking in those sweet internet coins?

And ladies, brace yourselves. Because he doesn't just think he's God's gift to video games; he's also under the delusion that he's irresistible to women. Of course! Because what woman can resist a man who's a big deal in the virtual world but can't be bothered to join the actual one?

But let's cut him some slack; maybe he's waiting for the right opportunity, like becoming the poster child for 'How Not to Adult.' He might not want to work for "the man," but let's be clear: right now, "the man" is probably whoever's face graces the cereal box he had for breakfast this morning—paid for by Mom, naturally.

So here's to you, fearless Millennial, forever young in your fortress of solitude—or should I say, your childhood bedroom. May your Wi-Fi be strong and your self-awareness someday kick in.
So "mentoring" is now confirming the problem I'm asking for advice with, while doing so in an entertaining way to earn internet points from other people, do I have that right?

Like you guys can stop replying now, it's clear that the few people that actually wanted to offer some advice have already done so, and now it's just a circle jerk of making fun of my situation, why? Because I said I can get girls despite my financial situation? That wasn't a brag, that was simply stating a fact, but I guess it's fun for some of you to try and knock me down a peg because you see that as arrogance or something. I don't know, I don't care, but it's not useful so I don't know why you're here.

Multiplying by 40 hours / week and 52 weeks/year gives you $46,800 / year salary as a full time job. My advice is to go full time and just put up with your boss. That boss is going to help you go from broke to having money. Complain to your friends about him, maybe that helps.
Yeah, that's something I've been considering...thing is I get my work done well within the 20 hours I spend there each week, so I'm not sure whether he would even give me those hours if I asked for them, because I don't know what more I could realistically do.

Another consideration is just doing what he does, better, but with the way medical marijuana is becoming legalized and more readily available, I think it's on a downtrend and he's looking to pivot into a different venture. But you're right, that's definitely an option.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't you try writing a real business plan?

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So "mentoring" is now confirming the problem I'm asking for advice with, while doing so in an entertaining way to earn internet points from other people, do I have that right?

Like you guys can stop replying now, it's clear that the few people that actually wanted to offer some advice have already done so, and now it's just a circle jerk of making fun of my situation, why? Because I said I can get girls despite my financial situation? That wasn't a brag, that was simply stating a fact, but I guess it's fun for some of you to try and knock me down a peg because you see that as arrogance or something. I don't know, I don't care, but it's not useful so I don't know why you're here.

Yeah, that's something I've been considering...thing is I get my work done well within the 20 hours I spend there each week, so I'm not sure whether he would even give me those hours if I asked for them, because I don't know what more I could realistically do.

Another consideration is just doing what he does, better, but with the way medical marijuana is becoming legalized and more readily available, I think it's on a downtrend and he's looking to pivot into a different venture. But you're right, that's definitely an option.
You don't get it do ya??

I already predicted that this would be the same like the 30 y.o virgin thread. Why?

Because its clear that y'all are short tempered and can't handle ANY form of criticism. Here you are , pathetically trying to gain control of the thread by gaslighting the tough love and "thanking " posters who are naturally more...kind.

I am a kind but also dead honest man. If you were my son I'd kick you out just to teach you a lesson. From that POV your mommy does you a disservice actually. She allowes you to remain the mam child you are today. Its a catch 22 to that poor lady as well , imagine having not one but TWO dead beats ,stinking smelling man childs who're spreading their filth throughout your house...

You are a manchild. I am TRYING to be nice!! I swear! I just can't describe it any other way. To me ;

-ANY man older than 25 who lives at home is a man child. After 28..it becomes embarrassing..after 30? I'd write him off tbh.

- take the L. Be a man..not a teenager who gets mad. Grow some damn balls. Its clear as day you've never been with a woman "romanticly " over a longer period of time. You'd know women have no filter AT ALL.

- take responsibility. The postees you were thanking are probably also feeling pity for you and chuckling. Just like i do. I just think you are a lost little boy who got the wrong idea, attitude and thus priorities.

This is NOT to bash you bro!! Just verbal slapz to wake you up! I hear you tLk about your mother, and its almost stupid to ask if there's a father figure around because the answer is clearly NO.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't get it do ya??

I already predicted that this would be the same like the 30 y.o virgin thread. Why?

Because its clear that y'all are short tempered and can't handle ANY form of criticism. Here you are , pathetically trying to gain control of the thread by gaslighting the tough love and "thanking " posters who are naturally more...kind.

I am a kind but also dead honest man. If you were my son I'd kick you out just to teach you a lesson. From that POV your mommy does you a disservice actually. She allowes you to remain the mam child you are today. Its a catch 22 to that poor lady as well , imagine having not one but TWO dead beats ,stinking smelling man childs who're spreading their filth throughout your house...

You are a manchild. I am TRYING to be nice!! I swear! I just can't describe it any other way. To me ;

-ANY man older than 25 who lives at home is a man child. After 28..it becomes embarrassing..after 30? I'd write him off tbh.

- take the L. Be a man..not a teenager who gets mad. Grow some damn balls. Its clear as day you've never been with a woman "romanticly " over a longer period of time. You'd know women have no filter AT ALL.

- take responsibility. The postees you were thanking are probably also feeling pity for you and chuckling. Just like i do. I just think you are a lost little boy who got the wrong idea, attitude and thus priorities.

This is NOT to bash you bro!! Just verbal slapz to wake you up! I hear you tLk about your mother, and its almost stupid to ask if there's a father figure around because the answer is clearly NO.
You can leave now. Your solution is essentially "lul just werk", followed by a bunch of talk about how essentially I'm a massive failure, as is my dad, and how unfortunate for my mom (btw my brother isn't living at home, you seem to keep thinking that).

That's not useful, please go elsewhere.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can leave now. Your solution is essentially "lul just werk", followed by a bunch of talk about how essentially I'm a massive failure, as is my dad, and how unfortunate for my mom (btw my brother isn't living at home, you seem to keep thinking that).

What do you think is useful my brother?

Teach me how to communicate better.

The irony from whatever your answer will ne is that its your own answer. My answer should at least considered, if i were you I'd seriously read it twice and then two more times..

But again. Lets keep it kumbaya. What's a better way to approach you? Lets make it a circle jerk that specifically satisfies YOu!!!(Dont forget YOU are the one looking for answers not me!!)

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score

Oh, the melodrama! You toss your personal life onto the internet's judgment table, then act shocked when people serve up a side of snark? Please. You opened the door by mentioning your irresistible charm and questionable life choices. What did you expect, a standing ovation?

You say you're not bragging about your skills with the ladies, just "stating a fact." Well, we're also just "stating facts" about the situation you've presented. If you can't take the heat, maybe it's time to exit the kitchen—or, in your case, Mom's basement. Does mommy wash your CK skivvies too?

Would you like me to mentor you? Accurate advice often comes with a reality check. If you can't handle some jesting from strangers on the internet, you should rethink how well you're doing in life's grand game.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

My solution is that you man the F up , stop complaining and stop chasing women as you are basically passed the stage of chasing women without being able to facilitate the women you actually catch..

My solution is a 2 year hiatus, after which you'll come back stronger at 32, with money on the bank, a crib /place of your own and some good habits /routines

My solution is that you learn to become a man whose less argumentative and knows how and when to pick his battles, who is realistic about his possibilities and opportunities and knows when to stfu.

My solution is that you learn how to carry yourself, how to cook,.clean ,run a household like a MAN, know how to fix shyte around the house like plumbing, electricity, carpentry, gardening, painting, sowing, cleaning, cleaning CLEANING, ironing,organizing ect you know..things that women will judge you on?

But hey. You tell me how I need to adress you. As you apparently got some to teach me. About WHAT I wonder.. by age 30 I've lived together with 3 women already and i was a father already.

So yeah, why would you sit back ,shut up be grateful ,take notes and OPERATE accordingly??

thats a good tldr...I am happy to notice you AT LEAST read every damm word i wrote!! Yeah baby!!

Last edited:

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you think is useful my brother?

Teach me how to communicate better.

The irony from whatever your answer will ne is that its your own answer. My answer should at least considered, if i were you I'd seriously read it twice and then two more times..

But again. Lets keep it kumbaya. What's a better way to approach you? Lets make it a circle jerk that specifically satisfies YOu!!!(Dont forget YOU are the one looking for answers not me!!)
I came here asking for practical advice that I could act on. I want to hear from people who have failed over and over and over again and ask them how they came to find what worked. I thought I was doing the thing I would be doing long-term multiple times now...

I worked at a mortgage lender for a year and left that job when I realized it was a "churn-n-burn" business that was constantly laying people off. I was introduced to workplace politics and hated working the hours I had to, which is why I was looking for an avenue where I didn't have to do that to find financial success.

Then with the modeling, I spent YEARS getting in top shape down to the exact measurements that these agencies wanted me at...I had an exclusive 18-month contract with BSG in New York that got me ZERO work in that time...constantly checking in with my manager, and having shoots with multiple photographers to add to my portfolio, not only did nothing come of that, but I wouldn't do anything with anybody else. Then when I was released from that I went with a new manager who was more in the acting sphere and after working with him for 2 more years I finally got my skills to a point where I was getting callbacks - but then I couldn't be represented because they required full COVID vaccination and booster updates.

And now with ERC being put on moratorium, I'm forced to pivot once again.

So I come here asking how the people who DID find financial success ended up settling on what that thing is, because I thought I found it multiple times now, and multiple times now I've been wrong.

I understand my situation sucks, but the advice some of you guys are giving is essentially rubbing in how bad my situation is without anything actionable beyond "work more".

Oh, the melodrama! You toss your personal life onto the internet's judgment table, then act shocked when people serve up a side of snark? Please. You opened the door by mentioning your irresistible charm and questionable life choices. What did you expect, a standing ovation?

You say you're not bragging about your skills with the ladies, just "stating a fact." Well, we're also just "stating facts" about the situation you've presented. If you can't take the heat, maybe it's time to exit the kitchen—or, in your case, Mom's basement. Does mommy wash your CK skivvies too?

Would you like me to mentor you? Accurate advice often comes with a reality check. If you can't handle some jesting from strangers on the internet, you should rethink how well you're doing in life's grand game.
I didn't come here asking to be judged, I came asking for solutions to a problem. I didn't say I have "irresistible charm", just that I AM successful with women even though I'm poor. I don't know how that's arrogant and I didn't expect any "that-a-boy's", just a statement on how I'm happy with most other aspects of your life.

As for your "mentorship", let me frame this in a way you can (hopefully) understand it...what you've done is take my situation, exaggerate it, and paint this picture in a way that would be funny to others through this vivid retelling of how I must be as a person.

That would be like a fat person coming to a personal trainer, and having that trainer describe how s****y all their life decisions up to that point have been, how lowly they are as a human being, and sarcastically telling them how their problems don't exist because "at least you have food". THAT is your so-called "mentorship".

You're not giving tough love, you're just being an a**hole. I don't have a problem with criticism or being wrong, but you're the kind of person who likes to remind people how wrong they are, constantly providing "I told you so's". And for what? Reaction points on a pickup forum? You can f*** off with that false altruism.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
About WHAT I wonder.. by age 30 I've lived together with 3 women already and i was a father already.
I don't know why you list this like it's a positive, but ok.

So yeah, why would you sit back ,shut up be grateful ,take notes and OPERATE accordingly??
I am grateful, to the people who offered specific advice that worked for them.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I didn't come here asking to be judged, I came asking for solutions to a problem. I didn't say I have "irresistible charm", just that I AM successful with women even though I'm poor. I don't know how that's arrogant and I didn't expect any "that-a-boy's", just a statement on how I'm happy with most other aspects of your life.

As for your "mentorship", let me frame this in a way you can (hopefully) understand it...what you've done is take my situation, exaggerate it, and paint this picture in a way that would be funny to others through this vivid retelling of how I must be as a person.

That would be like a fat person coming to a personal trainer, and having that trainer describe how s****y all their life decisions up to that point have been, how lowly they are as a human being, and sarcastically telling them how their problems don't exist because "at least you have food". THAT is your so-called "mentorship".

You're not giving tough love, you're just being an a**hole. I don't have a problem with criticism or being wrong, but you're the kind of person who likes to remind people how wrong they are, constantly providing "I told you so's". And for what? Reaction points on a pickup forum? You can f*** off with that false altruism.
Well, look who's throwing a hissy fit. DAW, get your CKs in a bunch? Did mommy not use enough fabric softeners to caress your non-existent gonads? CLASSIC MILLENIAL. Let's be clear: If you toss your life situation into the public domain, asking for advice, you've got to be prepared for all types of responses, not just the ones that pad your ego. That's how advice forums work, buddy.

Sure, you say you're "successful with women," as if that's some golden ticket to make your other life choices immune from scrutiny. But hey, congrats on that singular achievement; your mother must be proud.

You claim you're seeking mentorship. True mentorship often includes a hard look in the mirror—something you seem averse to, given your reactions here. And your analogy about a personal trainer? A decent trainer will, in fact, call out unhealthy habits while helping to correct them. They don't just pat you on the back and say, "Keep eating those doughnuts; you're doing great!"

So, you can either handle the tough love, recalibrate, and maybe get something out of this interaction, or you can continue to dismiss it as mere a**holery. Your call. But either way, if you can't handle the jabs, maybe public forums aren't where you seek life advice. You're too thin-skinned, grow a pair.

When bringing up my successful, college-aged son, I frequently took an approach that his mother didn't always get, labeling it as "too harsh." But this is how genuine masculinity communicates—through playful ribbing and, yes, even some outright shaming at times. It's part of shaping a young man.

This might explain why women in your age group often lament the absence of "real men" and gravitate toward older men—they're searching for the masculinity that seems largely lacking in your generation.

Last edited:

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, look who's throwing a hissy fit. DAW, get your CKs in a bunch? Did mommy not use enough fabric softeners to caress your non-existent gonads? CLASSIC MILLENIAL. Let's be clear: If you toss your life situation into the public domain, asking for advice, you've got to be prepared for all types of responses, not just the ones that pad your ego. That's how advice forums work, buddy.

Sure, you say you're "successful with women," as if that's some golden ticket to make your other life choices immune from scrutiny. But hey, congrats on that singular achievement; your mother must be proud.

You claim you're seeking mentorship. True mentorship often includes a hard look in the mirror—something you seem averse to, given your reactions here. And your analogy about a personal trainer? A decent trainer will, in fact, call out unhealthy habits while helping to correct them. They don't just pat you on the back and say, "Keep eating those doughnuts; you're doing great!"

So, you can either handle the tough love, recalibrate, and maybe get something out of this interaction, or you can continue to dismiss it as mere a**holery. Your call. But either way, if you can't handle the jabs, maybe public forums aren't the place for you to seek life advice. You're too thin-skinned, grow a pair.
You done? You can go now as well.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
You done? You can go now as well.
Dear Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia:
I was going to let you be in your little bubble of self-pity, but given your latest above, I may weigh in on every post you make with my erudite knowledge to help you more, at least for a while.

p.s. you argue like a girl, but I don't think you're incorrigible, just a little misguided. Hugzzzz

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think in the future very few people are going to be able to start businesses and be self employed. This is because the market becomes more and more efficient the average guy is competing with already established small businesses or partnerships etc. Back in the old days an individual could make it on his own more easily.

People are still living by the old rules but you are no longer in that world.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My financial situation doesn't disqualify me from being successful with women...I don't know if you've read any of my stuff but I've been with a lot of very attractive women. I'm happy with who I am overall, the only thing I'm disappointed with is my lack of financial success at this point in my life.

But if you and @All_Kindz_Of_Gainz want to just go back and forth high-fiving each other you can go somewhere else to do it. As I've mentioned before, I'm not opposed to making sacrifices; I sacrificed a lot of time, money, and effort doing the things I mentioned above...

Well, the big ones were the modeling/acting and the ERC. I've dealt with failures in each and invested a lot of time, money, and effort when it came to those. But if I can't be represented due to my unwillingness to get the jab, or can't get paid for any businesses I help for another year...well then I don't think it's worth pouring more into each of those ventures if I can't get a return on anything.

I probably haven't exhausted ALL of these, but I haven't seen a return on any of them for a long enough time that I came to the conclusion that I'm either s*** at it, or could likely be putting that time into something more profitable.

Mind if I ask you what you did? Specifically, whether the work you did as an employee helped build a skillset that allowed you to be self-employed and successful? Was it in the same industry?
So I’m not sure how helpful this will be but my career track has not been so traditional and some ups and downs to get me where I am now.

1. 4 years enlisted Air Force in intelligence field
2. Then went and got Bachelors degree in business
3. Tried real estate with lack luster results
4. Then worked in a storage facility making $9 per hour
5. Then worked sears loss prevention making $7 an hour
6. Reconnected with a friend (so important to build and maintain contacts) who got me back into the Defense Industry bc of my time in the military but was working really hard for only about $42k yearly at mid 20s or so. Did that for 3 years.
7. Then left that company and did the same thing after I learned the job and set my own shingle and started doing it as a self employed person. I’ve don’t that from maybe 27 to age 40 and am now earning pretty big dollars.

I say all of that because I really didn’t get things In gear until about age 30. Really. So my point is you can do it too. 30 is not too old. Your post resonated with me because I too looked for easier shortcuts to make money but could never sustain it. I flipped two houses. I flipped cars for money. I day traded and lost money. Once I came up with a reasonable game plan and executed, my financial life came together.

Decide what you really want to do, what you are good at or could become good at with effort and then go after it. But again, accept the fact that it will take some time. Where do you want to be at 35? In five years, you could be killing it.

At 30, really very few options are off the table.

I didn’t mean to be preachy or ramble so much but just wanted to encourage you that you can do this. It sounds like you have the ambition.

Good luck brother

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I’m not sure how helpful this will be but my career track has not been so traditional and some ups and downs to get me where I am now.

6. Reconnected with a friend (so important to build and maintain contacts) who got me back into the Defense Industry bc of my time in the military but was working really hard for only about $42k yearly at mid 20s or so. Did that for 3 years.
7. Then left that company and did the same thing after I learned the job and set my own shingle and started doing it as a self employed person. I’ve don’t that from maybe 27 to age 40 and am now earning pretty big dollars.

I say all of that because I really didn’t get things In gear until about age 30. Really. So my point is you can do it too. 30 is not too old. Your post resonated with me because I too looked for easier shortcuts to make money but could never sustain it. I flipped two houses. I flipped cars for money. I day traded and lost money. Once I came up with a reasonable game plan and executed, my financial life came together.

Decide what you really want to do, what you are good at or could become good at with effort and then go after it. But again, accept the fact that it will take some time. Where do you want to be at 35? In five years, you could be killing it.

I didn’t mean to be preachy or ramble so much but just wanted to encourage you that you can do this. It sounds like you have the ambition.

Good luck brother
I appreciate it, this is the kind of advice I was hoping to get from this.

Thank you, truly.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know why you list this like it's a positive, but ok.

I am grateful, to the people who offered specific advice that worked for them.
I wrote a epistle ,quite positive but you decided to pick out this one sentence?

I think it's funny how you expose yourself for all of us to see.

I get a lotta of girly vibes, makes ne forget I am arguing (whut and why?) With a 30 y.o man .

You have no sense of urgency.

Good luck brother
He won't do any of this. This is a list full of hard work, and then the opportunity to get lucky presents itself.

In 5 years he'll be BACK to living in Mommy land. I wanna olace ny bet right here right now, guaranteed free cash!

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wrote a epistle ,quite positive but you decided to pick out this one sentence?

I think it's funny how you expose yourself for all of us to see.

I get a lotta of girly vibes, makes ne forget I am arguing (whut and why?) With a 30 y.o man .

You have no sense of urgency.

He won't do any of this. This is a list full of hard work, and then the opportunity to get lucky presents itself.

In 5 years he'll be BACK to living in Mommy land. I wanna olace ny bet right here right now, guaranteed free cash!
But are the odds of opportunity luck as good as they were before? Even @Stoic , who you quoted, has his doubts.

"it wasn’t sarcasm. Just a curious observation I had.

society is ****ty now. Agreed. But why do you think? And agreed that people are less optimistic now. Why is that? Serious questions.. "

I've read the OP's other threads before and imo a change of scenery would help. Solar does really well out west and more people are going to be interested in using it, good sales opportunities in the western part of the US. Delaware, where he lives, isn't the most inspiring place lol.

Last edited: