Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"I don't give out my number"

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Happens all the time in various settings. Anybody have a (moderately?) successful way of dealing with it?

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smile and say: "Thanks for your time, sweetheart."

Turn around and head the other way.

Edit: Including a good clicky for people's benefit.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
vatoloco said:
Smile and say: "Thanks for your time, sweetheart."

Turn around and head the other way.
What vatoloco said.

If it's a challenge to get her number, just imagine the effort you'll have to put into getting her on a date.

Don't waste your time.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually I'd move on. "I'm don't give out my number" means "I don't want you to have my number."

But if I'm in a playful mood I will say something along the lines of "How about your facebook, twitter, instagram, social security number, credit score, and date you lost your virginity instead?"

Harry Wilmington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, their excuse is bullcrap. If you were Brad Pitt or Robert Pattinson, she'd be giving you the number AND the draws at the same time.

At any rate, I don't really have this problem these days - normally before I leave I'll say "hold on a sec," whip out my phone and say, "okay, what's your number?" By acting like I expect them to give it to me, they usually do.

If that doesn't work for you, try David DeAngelo's email method. You start to leave, then turn around and say "Hey, do you have email?" Then, while they're giving you the email, say "might as well put your number down too." Since they're already in the process of giving you one piece of info, it's easy to segue into the number at that point.

Hope this helps!

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
What vatoloco said.

If it's a challenge to get her number, just imagine the effort you'll have to put into getting her on a date.

Don't waste your time.
^^^ Listen to this man.

-Gripz-

Don Juan
Reaction score
Translation: "I wont give my number to YOU"

An interested girl would leave the gate wide open for you and you wouldn't have to put in much effort. If she won't give the number just move on to the next one..

Mantis Toboggan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ARrocket said:
Happens all the time in various settings. Anybody have a (moderately?) successful way of dealing with it?
A successful way of dealing with it....as in getting the girl's number?

Forget it, man. Let's say you finally got her number, after she tried rejecting you. You think a girl who was hesitant to give her number is suddenly gonna be willing to date you?

At best, you'll have a texting buddy. And once every week, you'll ask her out. And every time, she'll be "busy."

No number? No attention. NEXT.

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're right guys, I would never meet up with her anyway. I was thinking about it all wrong!

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ARrocket said:
If youre getting this regularly is means you are messing up pretty bad earlier during the interaction. Figure out what that is and this problem will start to go away. And stop asking for a number and instead as her what's a good way to keep in touch. You'll stop setting off her "he's just trying to pick me up" red flag.

Last edited:

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
Nutz said:
If youre getting this regularly is means you are messing up pretty bad earlier during the interaction. Figure out that is and this problem will start to go away. And stop asking for a number and instead as her what's a good way to keep in touch. You'll stop setting off her "he's just trying to pick me up" red flag.

Like Nutz said. You want to be able to achieve NOT getting the "I don't give out my number" nonsense. If you come across like a lame attempting to pick them up, and who's going to trip over himself trying to call them ASAP they won't give out their number unless you are damn hot looking enough to impress their friends and social circle.

Keep it normal. Like you're BSing with some person whom you have no interest in dating and you both exchange numbers.

Perfect

Don Juan
Reaction score
"then what do you do with it?"

incognito42

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ARrocket said:

Yea, turn around and walk away. No point in wasting another second talking to them. They are blowing you off and have no interest, move on

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
What vatoloco said.

Don't waste your time.
This single line give a logic and emotional answer at the same time, I see the reason while at the same time a deep sense of discomfort came in my mind imagining the situation.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best way is to not dealing with it. You want to pre-empt this kind of stuff. Nothing wrong with a $hit test here and there, but that is way too early, which tells you she is not interested. As mentioned above already, you need to work on what happens early in the interaction.

Chickfight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ARrocket said:
Smile and tell her to be open-minded. She'll probably have a come-back. Make a game out of it, then tell her if she's going be like that you revoke your offer to hang out, but actually mean it. Leave if you have to. Then forget about her and move on with your life, maybe you'll cross paths again, maybe not, but you'll have a good chance of escalating with her if you do.

incognito42

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why make a tame of it? Why use any of these come back PUA lines you guys are suggesting? To save your ego? She's not interested, don't waste another word or second in front o her. Just walk away

Chickfight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
incognito42 said:
Why make a tame of it? Why use any of these come back PUA lines you guys are suggesting? To save your ego? She's not interested, don't waste another word or second in front o her. Just walk away

Cause it's fun. That's an example of what I might say in that situation. It's all a game after all. The game's over when you decide it's not fun anymore. It doesn't have to end after a girl says "I don't give out my number". It may be time to take a step back, but I don't see how spending any more time with her is waste. It's a lot easier having a good time while doing this stuff. Walking away after she says something so neutral and not even slightly rude just shows how much it effected you. Seriously, you were the one going up to HER, you might as well just say "Gee, I thought it would be a lot easier to bang you than this, maybe the next girl I approach with the same lines will be easier. I'm out"Just comes off as bitter and childish to me and if you ever saw her again she'd see you the same way.

incognito42

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chickfight said:
Cause it's fun. That's an example of what I might say in that situation. It's all a game after all. The game's over when you decide it's not fun anymore. It doesn't have to end after a girl says "I don't give out my number". It may be time to take a step back, but I don't see how spending any more time with her is waste. It's a lot easier having a good time while doing this stuff. Walking away after she says something so neutral and not even slightly rude just shows how much it effected you. Seriously, you were the one going up to HER, you might as well just say "Gee, I thought it would be a lot easier to bang you than this, maybe the next girl I approach with the same lines will be easier. I'm out"Just comes off as bitter and childish to me and if you ever saw her again she'd see you the same way.
There's nothing neutral about her saying she doesn't give out her number. It's called rejection. I didn't say throw your drink in her face and get angry. just walk off. Is it really "fun" to keep conversating and gaming a chick who has no interest? If I wanna have fun I'll walk up to a new chick or go back to hanging out with my boys. The only thing you're doing if you keep talking (other than coming off as desperate and maybe pathetic) is trying to cushion a possible blow to your ego, or you're completely missing her polite way of seeing "I'm not interested"

Chickfight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
incognito42 said:
There's nothing neutral about her saying she doesn't give out her number. It's called rejection. I didn't say throw your drink in her face and get angry. just walk off. Is it really "fun" to keep conversating and gaming a chick who has no interest? If I wanna have fun I'll walk up to a new chick or go back to hanging out with my boys. The only thing you're doing if you keep talking (other than coming off as desperate and maybe pathetic) is trying to cushion a possible blow to your ego, or you're completely missing her polite way of seeing "I'm not interested"

I agree that the conversation should end soon after she says that. That's what I mean by taking a step back. I just mean you should exit with style, so if she see's you again it's likely to be down. Lots of guys get girls after being initially rejected. I'm not saying you shouldn't walk away. I'm saying the game's not over when you do.