Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hypothetical: you think a girl is a sure thing on the first/second date, but she wants you to pay for an expensive date

What would you do in this situation?

• Buy her whatever she wants, money is no object when you're probably getting laid.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Still try to minimize your investment and avoid spending anything significant

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Split the bill or convince her to pay.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

mattinzane

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no if X then Y formula that applies. I just try to put myself in a financial position where buying my companions drinks or dinner is not going to put me in a financially precarious position. Could be taking my buddy to the ball game. He might have just gotten laid off and has a kid on the way. Heck it could be my 20 year old daughter. Just as easily it could be a leggy blonde who thinks I look like Rip from Yellowstone.

Try being generous with people you care about without expecting something in return. You will be amazed at how much more you get in return....
I totally agree. It depends on the circumstances if I know the woman from previous conversations, I tend to be more generous than if I just met her. I met this woman at the bar I frequent regularly and the first time we talked, she bought me a drink, so you never know.

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m a semi well-known author making 80k a year on an upward trend. My father (a successful lawyer) taught me how to be cheap most of the time and very generous some of the time. It makes it seem more special and rewarding when you are generous. (i.e. our family almost never going out for dinner but my father randomly surprising us with things like spontaneous trips to six flags.)
I framed the large part of my personality from my father, who learned it from my grandfather, the wealthiest and best handyman in South Carolina who could fix anything on Earth and owned a multi million dollar furniture company besides. It’s never led me wrong and I don’t believe it ever will.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t see the point in bvtching about a $60 dinner.
Right on queue:
You feed them after you fvck them, not before. Dinners are for relationships, not tire kicking. No more than 20 - 25 bucks before fvcking.
Can’t make this stuff up.

As I said before, lot of guys are so cheap they’re better off with hookers

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Right on queue:

Can’t make this stuff up.

As I said before, lot of guys are so cheap they’re better off with hookers
Dude, whether you spend $25 bucks on some drinks or spend 60 bucks on a dinner is not going to change her interest level. A female knows if she'd fvck the dude in the first 10 seconds of meeting him. She's either going to fvck him or not. Spend 25, 60, 100 bucks on a meal is not going to change this in her mind.

It's cool that you like to feed them, make sure they eat a proper meal, maybe even pay for their taxi/uber. But seriously, why waste the money on something and someone that would not change the way the female feels about you? I've had more sex doing the drinks and tapas than a meal hands down. Experience pays off. I did this in Manhattan too, so even those stuck up females had no issues of fvcking me after a couple of drinks and an app.

Striker_93

Banned
Reaction score
I can't relate, I can't remember the last time I took a girl out to eat that I haven't already been banging......

But for the sake of conversation I will say it wouldn't be a big deal to spend $60 om a date lol you guys should pick up more hours at your job.

If there's 1 thing I learned, if she wants to fvck you, dates n dinner and all that "courting" sh!t goes out the window, they could really care less about that. Women who Wanna fvck you don't care about dates n sh!t until AFTER you bang her and she starts to really like you.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, whether you spend $25 bucks on some drinks or spend 60 bucks on a dinner is not going to change her interest level. A female knows if she'd fvck the dude in the first 10 seconds of meeting him. She's either going to fvck him or not. Spend 25, 60, 100 bucks on a meal is not going to change this in her mind.
This is just wrong. How many threads do we get on this forum of guys missing out on ass because they refuse to take her on a dinner date? We have a thread like that right now where the chick said with her own mouth she wants dinner. But the OP won’t do it, so she left him on read.

Women do not like cheap guys. It absolutely lowers her interest level if you won’t take her out on a date. A lot of chicks require it so they don’t feel like a cheap whvre.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it is a sure thing, I'm inclined to do it. I can't recall a specific instance in my life where this hypothetical would have applied.

Smok1nAce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing is a sure thing with a women...nothing...until penetration.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
This is just wrong. How many threads do we get on this forum of guys missing out on ass because they refuse to take her on a dinner date? We have a thread like that right now where the chick said with her own mouth she wants dinner. But the OP won’t do it, so she left him on read.

Women do not like cheap guys. It absolutely lowers her interest level if you won’t take her out on a date. A lot of chicks require it so they don’t feel like a cheap whvre.
But, you are mistaken and are incorrect. Sometimes, I do wonder if you are in fact a male or female like other posters suggest that you are. Buying a full meal does not, in any way, suggest or help one's chances of getting sex. All it does it help a foodie get free food for a couple of hours of attention. A dude cannot buy attraction.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But, you are mistaken and are incorrect. Sometimes, I do wonder if you are in fact a male or female like other posters suggest that you are. Buying a full meal does not, in any way, suggest or help one's chances of getting sex. All it does it help a foodie get free food for a couple of hours of attention. A dude cannot buy attraction.
Nope, you are wrong. Not taking her out on a date lowers interest level for a significant portion of women. They tell most of you this from their own mouths.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be clear, I’m not saying dinner is “needed” for a woman with 95% interest level that is begging for your dvck on date 1. However, most interactions with woman don’t go that way. The require some initial investment. A lot of women even with high interest level are conditioned to not take their pants off for random dudes they just met. That is just the reality.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread was inspired by the occasional debate about whether buying a girl dinner before sex in the early dates: makes you beta bux, or makes the girl a classy lady.

Scenario: this is one of the first two dates, you're as confident as you reasonably can be that you will get laid. However the girl you're dating wants you to buy dinner/take her shopping/buy several $15 drinks. What do you do?
If you are negotiations of sex, why not venture to the red light district too?

Dtf or next.

Save paying for dates for the chumps.