Hunger while Cutting

Stacked

Don Juan
Reaction score
If I'm feeling strong hunger pangs later in the evening, especially before bed, is that a sign that my calorie deficit is too large and I'm losing muscle, or is that expected?

Stacked

Don Juan
Reaction score
2100 at 160 15%bf cycling yohimbe w/ ephedrine + caffeine

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
Stacked said:
If I'm feeling strong hunger pangs later in the evening, especially before bed, is that a sign that my calorie deficit is too large and I'm losing muscle, or is that expected?
Depends at what stage you are at while cutting. At 15 % bf you shouldn't need to be feeling hunger pains, save your strict dieting and heavy cardio for getting into sub 10 % bf if that's your aim. Don't cut carbs too quickly, this is a long haul thing and you need to preserve/gain muscle. IMO at this level cutting per se isn't necessary, getting to a leanish 12 % bf is a good idea.

MM

JohnnyIrish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stacked said:
How many meals/day do you eat?

The time between your last meal and when you go to bed is too far apart I'm thinking. Since going to bed hungry isn't a good idea.. When this happens to me I eat some baby carrots or some small veggie snack if I get hungry immediately before bed.

Ideally the last meal of the day would be close enough to bedtime to not be hungry but not IMMEDIATELY before bed (correct me if I'm wrong.. but even eating a chicken breast and some veggies and then going to bed right away isn't a good idea right?).

Stacked

Don Juan
Reaction score
aiming for six a day with protein included in each meal, no simple sugars, only veggies as carbs after 5pm etc. So I guess the simple answer to the question is I should be eating a bit more?