Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"How to Win Friends and Influence People" and the Alpha male?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
After reading How To Win Friends and Influence People, I got a constant message: always listen to peoples' opinion, respect their opinion, and never overtly disagree, but to change their minds you need to agree with them first.

Yet I've also picked up that to be an alpha male, you musn't give a sh!t about other people.

How should the two be meshed? I don't want to "not give a sh!t", but at the same time don't want to end up like a wuss. Yet I'm not sure how to achieve this.

Should I express my own opinions openly, even if it offends people? Or should I covertly suggest my opinion while respecting everyone's opinion? How are the two ideals (Dale Carnegie's views and the Alpha male) mixed together?
You need a healthy balance of the two. Only with time and experience will you learn the ebb and flow on how to deal with people. Always remain calm, speak in a controlled manner and seem to be in control of the situation; even when you aren't. Be nice at times, but firm. Be understandable at times, but keep people on point.

This is called experience. Even I am still a student of it.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read some time ago that he wrote about his experience before his planned execution. His perception of his surroundings changed and intensified during the moments before the execution. After he was reprieved and sent into exile, his whole style of writing changed. Shortly after he published Crime and Punishment. It seems to be one of his most popular works.

Were you able to tell a difference in his writings during the timeline before and after the reprieval?
I haven't read books before the execution situation.

I read Crime and Punishment. As far as I can remember it was not fun to read at all. It was very dark from the perspective of a mentally ill guy.

I am reading now "The Brothers Karamazov". It feels rather fun and light hearted to read at least in the beginning. Same with "The Idiot". I am reading them at the same time in different languages.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Imagine calling yourself a female chauvinist in the 1940s. You won't only have women as enemies, but also men. They won't let you have what you shouldn't possess in the first place. It's their privilege.
Was this the author of the "manipulated male"?

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was this the author of the "manipulated male"?
The Manipulated Man was written by Esther Vilar. I've read that book. Damn is it extreme. But she's absolutely right. I was talking about Ayn Rand before.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Manipulated Man was written by Esther Vilar. I've read that book. Damn is it extreme. But she's absolutely right. I was talking about Ayn Rand before.
Manipulated man IS EXTREME. I don't think she literally think women are stupid. But she was providing the dialog So that men can understand what they are signing up for. And that in the interaction they ate always performing a role. Understand the other gender mindset and strategy.

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Manipulated man IS EXTREME. I don't think she literally think women are stupid. But she was providing the dialog So that men can understand what they are signing up for. And that in the interaction they ate always performing a role. Understand the other gender mindset and strategy.
You're right, she was providing the dialogue. She's right though. She shows us the "worst" parts of female nature, how they really perceive men and that they don't like us in the least. They solely need us for our functionality and simulate any interest in our favorite topics to create the feeling of love.

Damn, this woman really did her gender peers like that by writing this valuable piece.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're right, she was providing the dialogue. She's right though. She shows us the "worst" parts of female nature, how they really perceive men and that they don't like us in the least. They solely need us for our functionality and simulate any interest in our favorite topics to create the feeling of love.

Damn, this woman really did her gender peers like that by writing this valuable piece.
It's a really good book for detachment and helping a man to be completely "self-contained". We can perform some services provided we get what we need for it.