Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to respond to cancelled date?

Romjuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I always believed the best way to go is to "agree and amplify." When a girl flakes, you agree and mention how that works out because xxxxx reason. But Id also add in, " lets do xx date, but if you flake again, youre making me dinner."

AllDay85

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Had one today. Italian chick I met at badminton who asked me for my number. bit of texting which was fair enuff coz we hadnt talked much. She initiated for Thurs night and then sent me pages of flake/excuse text this morning. To which I eloquently replied NP. I will see her at baddy again on the weekend so the game continues but I m assuming another low IL AW.
Never hang out with a woman that approaches you. If she liked you she would be too nervous to approach

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everytime this had been done to me in the past 5 years, I'd simply stop responding. Not worth my time. If a job candidate called me 6 hours ahead of an interview that something happened and they couldn't make it... and didn't try to set up a new date and time for an interview, they weren't worth my time.

Not sure why in the dating world it should be any different. I just don't respond and move onto the next one.
Excellent Post.

Stugots26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
simple "ok" is fine
This. Or "K." It's my snarky fvck you to a girl to make minimal effort, only enough to tap one or two letters, and not punctuate. That's all the attention that bad behavior will get from me. Typically I agree and amplify just in case what I'm confronted with is a sh!t test, but here any amplification would be rewarding bad behavior with attention.

What's most important is that you remember that excuses may be legitimate, but they are always unacceptable.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This. Or "K." It's my snarky fvck you to a girl to make minimal effort, only enough to tap one or two letters, and not punctuate. That's all the attention that bad behavior will get from me. Typically I agree and amplify just in case what I'm confronted with is a sh!t test, but here any amplification would be rewarding bad behavior with attention.

What's most important is that you remember that excuses may be legitimate, but they are always unacceptable.
Never been a fan of the "k" response. Shows you're trying too hard not to seem upset.

If you actually didn't care, you wouldn't be so unnecessarily succinct. You'd say something more normal and neutral like Espi suggested, "Ok thanks for the heads up"

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Never been a fan of the "k" response. Shows you're trying too hard not to seem upset.

If you actually didn't care, you wouldn't be so unnecessarily succinct. You'd say something more normal and neutral like Espi suggested, "Ok thanks for the heads up"
The girl can take any response as any way she feels. She can think you're butthurt when you say anything from "K" to going ghost. What ever happened to just dropping a girl who flakes? Flakes mean low interest. She wouldn't flake on someone she really likes and wants, barring a serious emergency. You guys wouldn't either.

The best thing to do is move on to someone who's actually interested in you.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The girl can take any response as any way she feels. She can think you're butthurt when you say anything from "K" to going ghost.
Not sure what you're getting at. Are you suggesting it doesn't matter how you present yourself after getting flaked on?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure what you're getting at. Are you suggesting it doesn't matter how you present yourself after getting flaked on?
That's exactly what he's saying and he's right. Move on. Wasting time parsing "k" vs. "ok" is pointless. You won't see her reaction, so who cares, find a more interested chick.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's exactly what he's saying and he's right. Move on. Wasting time parsing "k" vs. "ok" is pointless. You won't see her reaction, so who cares, find a more interested chick.
Why would you waste time responding with anything, if you didn't care about her reaction and were moving on?

Spoiler alert: because you do care, and the reason you're responding with "k" is because you're actually butthurt. Don't be butthurt.

Floydispink01

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sending her this link would be a good response for your own amusement.