Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to respond to cancelled date?

Jack Hensy

Banned
Reaction score
I had a date set up with a girl two days ago. However, she cancelled 6 hours before our date. She did give plenty of notice.
It was a lame excuse for a cancellation. How to respond to her? Or ignore the text?

She wrote..."I need to cancel tonight. This week is a little crazy for me. Maybe we can get together after the holiday sometime."

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6 hours isn't plenty of notice in my book. Anyway she flaked. See the other thread on flaking.

When getting a lame excuse I sometimes react in a disappointed way (disappointed with her), but not sure if that's the way to go. Basically I want to tell her off for having bad style, but maybe it can come across as butthurt.

Depending on the excuse I can also say "OK, but you have to make a counter offer". That pretty much instantly weeds out the flakes.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's probably wanting to see if she can snag a better may no New Years Eve.... Maybe check back with her the 15th or so of january.... DON'T message on the second eager beaver..... She misses the next, she's gone

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No reply necessary. Delete her number and find other women who are actually interested in you.

Too many men waste 90% of their time trying to convince uninterested women to be more interested in them instead of making good use of that time by going out and simply finding women who are actually interested in you.

NSX-R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I simple "ok" is fine.
If it's the 2nd time that she flakes , i would go NC and delete her from my life. Otherwise try for a second time .

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
heard that one before, one too many times. Give her your number, tell her to call you when she's available, nice talking to you.
If she doesn't call (she likely won't), don't be concerned. You probably dodged a bullet anyway.

seasonedplayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
No reply necessary. Delete her number and find other women who are actually interested in you.

Too many men waste 90% of their time trying to convince uninterested women to be more interested in them instead of making good use of that time by going out and simply finding women who are actually interested in you.
Agree. But would give it one last shot when out drunk on a Friday or Saturday night

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
Agree. But would give it one last shot when out drunk on a Friday or Saturday night
Oh dear. The actions of a man with no other options on his two premium nights.

Yes, let's drunkingly call the bytch who cancelled on me and show her I have nothing going for me on a Saturday or Friday night......

Have some self-respect fella.

BondAFC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask yourself this question.
Do you think she would have cancelled/flaked on George Clooney or Brad Pitt six hours before the date?
How many chicks have you flaked on before a date?
The answer, no and probably none...

The male ego has the marvelous ability to rationalize away or waste hours trying to "figure-out" pretty much any crappy female behavior.
She cancelled because she isn't that interested..period...
NEXT...

Invest your energy in a woman who actually likes you...
When they like you, they want to spend time with you...
Simple.

We want to make it so complicated...like a puzzle...
It's not a puzzle...

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Well, she flaked, thus you have failed. Most crowds say that you should spend time going after other chicks because you can do better and she isn't interested anyway.

I think your princess is in another castle. And yes, she wouldn't cancel 6 hours prior to meeting Brad Pitt, nor would you cancel a date with Kate Upton.

Alas, you're not a celebrity. Just uninteresting to her. Move on.

Case closed.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Had one today. Italian chick I met at badminton who asked me for my number. bit of texting which was fair enuff coz we hadnt talked much. She initiated for Thurs night and then sent me pages of flake/excuse text this morning. To which I eloquently replied NP. I will see her at baddy again on the weekend so the game continues but I m assuming another low IL AW.

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Had one today. Italian chick I met at badminton who asked me for my number. bit of texting which was fair enuff coz we hadnt talked much. She initiated for Thurs night and then sent me pages of flake/excuse text this morning. To which I eloquently replied NP. I will see her at baddy again on the weekend so the game continues but I m assuming another low IL AW.
Sounds like a chick tying to be alpha, testing her own value. Pay her no more mind than anyone else. Just make sure if anything gets set up, it's on your terms.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good point GHF thanks. hadn't had one initiate before. I'll add this to my s*** tests file.

I'll be friendly but distant at baddy and ask her out next week. the usual " hey I'm going to...you should come along...". routine. She already seems high maintenance so zero fcvks.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everytime this had been done to me in the past 5 years, I'd simply stop responding. Not worth my time. If a job candidate called me 6 hours ahead of an interview that something happened and they couldn't make it... and didn't try to set up a new date and time for an interview, they weren't worth my time.

Not sure why in the dating world it should be any different. I just don't respond and move onto the next one.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1st flake mulligan.

Say something along the lines as what the other seasoned vets are telling you. "No problem" Wait until after New Years and try again. If she responds with anything other than a definite date, delete her number.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everytime this had been done to me in the past 5 years, I'd simply stop responding. Not worth my time. If a job candidate called me 6 hours ahead of an interview that something happened and they couldn't make it... and didn't try to set up a new date and time for an interview, they weren't worth my time.
Dating isn't someone's livelihood. It's unreasonable to expect someone to take it as seriously as a job interview, especially if they don't know the person they are meeting for the date.

Floydispink01

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

^^ This

It's the equivalent of her wearing a strap on and ordering you to suck it.

Leave the room and fvck an interested one. If flake watches, all the better.