"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

How to politely stop a text conversation?

asterixix

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 22, 2020
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Hello folks,

I met a girl at a house party on Saturday night, we flirted most of the night and she gave me her number. I texted her the next day and immediately arranged a date for Thursday night.

She continued texting me after we arranged the date, trying to make conversation. Things like "how was your day?" etc.

Should I engage in this conversation? My guts tell me I shouldn't speak to her much prior to the first date, but I'm not sure on how to shut down the conversation in a polite manner.

Any pointers?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2020
Messages
579
Reaction score
815
Wouldn't this risk loss of interest from her side?
Not if she's interested in you. If she's scared off by something like that, she's not into you for real. Start being a little warmer right before you guys meet. You can literally get a girl's number and not text her for 2 months straight and still get her to meet you. I saw and experienced that stuff, even with extremely attractive women. They're always down to have fun. Even better if it's surprising.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
3,889
Age
53
It's about managing her expectations to decrease her hamster wheel from spinning as much as possible.

For example, if you tell her in advance that you'll be busy for work and that you can't really text while working that much, you are managing her expectations and she won't think anything negative if you don't respond or contact her.

But I would suggest sending her crumbs towards the end of the day to keep her interest up until the date happens. And by crumbs, it should be something that captures her curiosity or imagination. Quality, memorable, meaningful convo. Not just, "hey, what are you doing" type of convo. Most girls like traveling for example, mention something like you can't wait until Covid is over so you can go to xx place next. Then start it from there.
 

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
2,444
Reaction score
2,738
Age
52
When I end it I'm always "headed into a meeting", or "gonna get on the road", or express that I will be doing something where I can't/won't reply.
 

isasda66

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
245
Reaction score
172
Age
30
Should I engage in this conversation? My guts tell me I shouldn't speak to her much prior to the first date, but I'm not sure on how to shut down the conversation in a polite manner.
Yes dont always ignore and follow text for ONLY logistics. Some amount of comfort/rapport is required.

You can skip the idle chatter as mentioned above.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,866
Reaction score
19,093
Hello folks,

I met a girl at a house party on Saturday night, we flirted most of the night and she gave me her number. I texted her the next day and immediately arranged a date for Thursday night.

She continued texting me after we arranged the date, trying to make conversation. Things like "how was your day?" etc.

Should I engage in this conversation? My guts tell me I shouldn't speak to her much prior to the first date, but I'm not sure on how to shut down the conversation in a polite manner.

Any pointers?
Wrong. I can tell you your flake rate will be far higher if you subscribe to this nonsense of no texting prior to dates.

Just engage with a text or two back and forth over the course of a day. It's not that big of a deal.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top