Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to get rid of cold Sores?

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn i hate cold sores, for some reason i tend to get them quite often.

what do u guys know about causes of cold sores (cold? heat change?)

What about treatment?

What about prevention?

Thanks.

Qualtran

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dryness, chapped lips, illness, getting snot from your nose on your lips, sunlight and things like that are some of the causes I can think of.

There are lots of treatment options including prescriptions. There are some interesting methods in which a 9-volt battery is used to essentially shock the cold sore to death, although im not sure if that actually works.

Prevention: there are some prescription pills said to prevent coldsores for prolonged periods of time, although the best bet is to sense that you are getting one early then apply something like Campho-Phenique before it forms. I used to get coldsores a few years back, but now I can always tell when I'm about to get one and I am able to prevent it by applying that stuff.

InLawsHateMe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Qualtran
Dryness, chapped lips, illness, getting snot from your nose on your lips, sunlight and things like that are some of the causes I can think of.

There are lots of treatment options including prescriptions. There are some interesting methods in which a 9-volt battery is used to essentially shock the cold sore to death, although im not sure if that actually works.

Prevention: there are some prescription pills said to prevent coldsores for prolonged periods of time, although the best bet is to sense that you are getting one early then apply something like Campho-Phenique before it forms. I used to get coldsores a few years back, but now I can always tell when I'm about to get one and I am able to prevent it by applying that stuff.
I never get them but I was in line a teh super market, and this dude, was getting something for hsi cold sore, the reason how I know was, he was going back anf forth with the cashier dude about how much it was.. I think it was like $16? ...and it was this small tube. I said $16?!?! ..does that stuff work?' and he said yes. *shrugs* it was over the counter crap.... so try some of that over the counter sh*t bro.... and stop putting your face in some nasty sh*t.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Cold sores are a form of herpes. I dont think getting snot on your lip is gonna give u a cold sore...

Use carmex all the time, and u may want to buy some tea tree oil which you can put on the cold sore to help neutralize it.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And how about canker sores?!

OK, I get lots of these painful b-stards and have my whole life and I cannot get rid of them. They're those white colored circles that hit your gums, lips, tounge and everything else inside your mouth. I've got like three right now and it is freakin' painful.

Anyone have a solution?

1hepcat

Don Juan
Reaction score
virus

Cold sores are a manifestation of the herpes virus. You supposedly never get rid of it. What happens is your immune system brings it under control and then the virus goes dormant and hides in some infected cells. Things like chapped lips and colds and cause the virus to come out of hiding. There are now some virus inhibitors on the market such as abreva and if you apply them frequently at the beginning of a cold sore outbreak they will give your body a leg up on the virus and the healing time can be significantly reduced. They work by making it difficult for the virus to infect new cells I believe. but you have to apply then when you first start feeling that tingling that you feel when the virus is coming out of hiding.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: And how about canker sores?!

Originally posted by WestCoaster
OK, I get lots of these painful b-stards and have my whole life and I cannot get rid of them. They're those white colored circles that hit your gums, lips, tounge and everything else inside your mouth. I've got like three right now and it is freakin' painful.

Anyone have a solution?
Canker sores are shallow, painful sores in your mouth. They are usually red or may sometimes have a white coating over them. You might get them on the inside of your lips, the insides of your cheeks or under your tongue. Canker sores are different from fever blisters, which usually are on the outside of your lips or the corners of your mouth.

Anyone can get canker sores, but people in their teens and 20s get them more often. Canker sores may run in families, but they aren't contagious. Doctors don't know what causes canker sores, but stress may be a factor.

If you have small canker sores you can treat them at home. You can try taking ibuprofen (brand name: Advil) or acetaminophen (brand name: Tylenol) for pain. Other medicines, such as Anbesol, Oragel, Orabase and Zilactin-B, might keep your canker sores from becoming irritated by eating, drinking or brushing your teeth. You put these medicines right on the sore.

You can also mix equal amounts of Milk of Magnesia and Benadryl Allergy liquid. After it's mixed, you can swish a teaspoonful in your mouth for about 1 minute and then spit it out. If you do this every 4 to 6 hours, your canker sores may hurt less.

Some people think that sucking on zinc lozenges, taking vitamin C or vitamin B complex, using a sage-and-chamomile mouthwash or taking a lysine supplement helps their canker cores heal faster.

If your canker sores are large, last longer than a week or are so sore that you can't eat, you should make an appointment to see your doctor. You should make an appointment with your doctor, too, if you also have a fever or feel sick when you have canker sores.

Several prescription medicines may help with canker sores. Your doctor may prescribe an anti-inflammatory (Aphthasol or Kenalog in Orabase) or collagenase inhibitor (Tetracycline or Peridex) if problems persist. You can talk about them with your doctor to decide what is best for you.

Hope this helps, West.

By the way, does a mod feel like moving this thread over to Health & Fitness, where it belongs? Thanks.

Oh, about cold sores: For the whole story from WebMD, go here:
http://my.webmd.com/hw/health_guide_atoz/hw31979.asp?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks for the advice Bishop. Mine are white in color and they usually stay for a good week. It's like clockwork: If I lose sleep and have stress they arrive in bunches.

I've numbed them before with medicine but I can't seem to figure out how to make them go away. They eventually do go away, but I hate waiting for it.

Thanks for the advice, and I'd move this thread if I knew how.

JustDoItAlways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ASA or aspirin stops the herpes virus from replicating. When you feel a cold sore coming on, crush up an aspirin (between two spoons) till its really fine, put a few drops of water in it till its a paste and then put it on the cold sore. Leave it on for half an hour or so (can't really go out with that white sh1t on you and it drys up so you can't leave it on very long.)

Do this a couple of times a day for a couple of days and the virus is stopped in its tracks (with the help of the immune system, of course.) It doesn't work immediately and the cold sore still has to heal over so your stuck with the sore for several days. But the aspirin will cut that time by two thirds.

THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT IN THIS POST IS DO NOT GO DOWN ON A WOMAN WHEN YOU HAVE A COLD SORE.

YOU CAN EASILY GIVE HER GENITAL HERPES IF YOU HAVE AN OPEN COLD SORE. IT IS A DIFFERENT SUB-TYPE OF HERPES BUT IT IS STILL HERPES. IF YOU'RE FVCKING HER, YOU WILL GET GENITAL HERPES ALSO.

Sorry for the bad news.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Moved to Health and Fitness.

shahsnak16997

Reaction score
Vanilla is a natural cold sore remedy. The fact is that vanilla extract is alcohol dependent which kills the virus, which develops cold sores. This helps to reduce further outbreaks that may cause the infection. Try to use organic vanilla as much as possible.
  • Soak a cotton ball in vanilla.
  • Apply the cotton ball directly to the affected area.
  • Keep it for about a minute or so
  • Repeat this cold sores treatment at least four times in a day.

shahsnak16997

Reaction score
Aloe vera is another remedy to get rid of cold sores. The fact that aloe vera makes beneficial is its medical and anti-inflammatory properties.

• Take the fresh leaf of aloe vera and extract gel from it.
  • Apply the aloe vera gel gently to the affected area.
  • If you didn’t find aloe vera plant then buy it from market
  • For a spoon of gel, dip a cotton ball.
  • Repeat this cold sores treatment twice a day.

Dingo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only one way... Acyclovir.

Ask your doctor.... Easy and cheap.

If you get them frequently them take the meds daily. No guarantees but in my experience it works greatly to minimize outbreaks.

ethanscott

Reaction score
Re: And how about canker sores?!

Canker sores are shallow, painful sores in your mouth. They are usually red or may sometimes have a white coating over them. You might get them on the inside of your lips, the insides of your cheeks or under your tongue. Canker sores are different from fever blisters, which usually are on the outside of your lips or the corners of your mouth.

Anyone can get canker sores, but people in their teens and 20s get them more often. Canker sores may run in families, but they aren't contagious. Doctors don't know what causes canker sores, but stress may be a factor.

If you have small canker sores you can treat them at home. You can try taking ibuprofen (brand name: Advil) or acetaminophen (brand name: Tylenol) for pain. Other medicines, such as Anbesol, Oragel, Orabase and Zilactin-B, might keep your canker sores from becoming irritated by eating, drinking or brushing your teeth. You put these medicines right on the sore.

You can also mix equal amounts of Milk of Magnesia and Benadryl Allergy liquid. After it's mixed, you can swish a teaspoonful in your mouth for about 1 minute and then spit it out. If you do this every 4 to 6 hours, your canker sores may hurt less.

Some people think that sucking on zinc lozenges, taking vitamin C or vitamin B complex, using a sage-and-chamomile mouthwash or taking a lysine supplement helps their canker cores heal faster.

If your canker sores are large, last longer than a week or are so sore that you can't eat, you should make an appointment to see your doctor. You should make an appointment with your doctor, too, if you also have a fever or feel sick when you have canker sores.

Several prescription medicines may help with canker sores. Your doctor may prescribe an anti-inflammatory (Aphthasol or Kenalog in Orabase) or collagenase inhibitor (Tetracycline or Peridex) if problems persist. You can talk about them with your doctor to decide what is best for you.

Hope this helps, West.

By the way, does a mod feel like moving this thread over to Health & Fitness, where it belongs? Thanks.

Oh, about cold sores: For the whole story from WebMD, go here:
Thanks man really helpful

DineshMT

Reaction score

What about treatment?

What about prevention?

Thanks.
Tea tree oil

WHAT YOU NEED?
  • Tea tree oil
  • Cotton Swab
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO?

Dab some tea tree oil on the cotton swab and apply it directly on the sore.

HOW OFTEN YOU NEED TO DO THIS?

Repeat this a couple of times in the day and also before you go to sleep. It will cause the sore to dry up and disappear.

WHY THIS WORKS?

This essential oil possesses strong antiviral properties that will successfully kill the virus and fasten the healing process.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

What about treatment?

What about prevention?

Thanks.
its type 1 herpes or hsv1. stop eating dirty box. I've never gone down on a woman and I never will. absolutely disgusting.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score