how to get respect from people younger than me?

Pro Gamer

Banned
Reaction score
people nowadays don't seem to respect older people as they used to do in past so i wonder how can i get them to respect me in the same way they might respect their teachers or parents or something like that?

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pro gamer I take it you are a gamer. In that case I will suggest you quit as soon as possible just like cigarettes even one pack a week is bad for your health. And if I were you I would look to get a remote job.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You shouldn't be worried about respect from other people.

The most important thing is self respect..when you sense people not respecting you, they've probably sensed that YOU don't respect yourself. Thus it becomes a downward spiral. And eventually it will show through you literally not respecting yourself by not chasing excellence.

You gotta stop GAF about what "they " think of you bro..by the way, what's your definition of respect or being respected? Again, if you respect yourself it will show in every thing you do. E.g i will respect a well dressed man over a dusty old fart sweat smelling dude.

Respect is always earned and never given...

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you expect people to respect you just because you're 'older', you will be disappointed.

People in general respect me because they don't want to get too acquainted with my violent side.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you expect people to respect you just because you're 'older', you will be disappointed.

People in general respect me because they don't want to get too acquainted with my violent side.
Hi Amsterdam,
Konrad Lorenz,known as the Father of Modern Ethology wrote once...Something to the effect that....Of all the known Primates,(Ape like creatures),Man is the only species that copies the behaviour of the young!

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Amsterdam,
Konrad Lorenz,known as the Father of Modern Ethology wrote once...Something to the effect that....Of all the known Primates,(Ape like creatures),Man is the only species that copies the behaviour of the young!
Konrad Lorenz was mother to a paddling of ducks

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your looks, money and status decide how attractive you are to women.

Your size, proportions, accomplishments and life style decide how worthy of respect you are.