"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

How to get out of her frame

RestUnknown

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 21, 2016
Messages
144
Reaction score
20
Age
37
Have been texting a girl at work for a while now (didn't push because we work together). But since last week we suddenly had more sexual oriented conversations. Last friday we were texting and was a bit drunk, asked her if she was attracted to me (she said yes), bit later said I wanted to fvck her.

She replied: would never happen at first, but with respect and trust ofcourse why not

Bit before that she also said this: we can never be **** buddies, I've just ended a friendship like that because I got hurt, don't want this again. Fine I can read between the lines. If a girl can have a **** buddy relationship before, she can and will have it again, but clearly she's just not interested enough.

Now I feel she's got a hold on me, I feel that I'm in her frame, that she has power over me now. I have to admit it's true, but before that talk, I felt it was more me then her. How do I get out of this again? I hate this feeling, it feels like we broke up, even though we never had anything.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

deadmasterx

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2020
Messages
273
Reaction score
357
Location
Brazil
1) Stop chasing her, if there's gonna be any contact between you two SHE must be the one to start it.
2) Talk with people, find something else to do that might take your mind off her (spinning plates is a way)
3) Take your time thinking about the things you've done and "dissolve your ego". This will help you not only with her, but with any other girl that might pop up on your way. Do not expect anything, be ready for the worst, stay reactionless.
4) There might be a chance of her coming back, writing you all of sudden, probably in a really lovely way. Women likes to keep men around to boost their ego providing the less she possibly can. That's the time where you can either take control on "punishing" her for doing things you don't like with your silence. The less she knows about how you feel about her, the better it is, and silence works perfectly on that.
5) The last step would be starting things again, but obviously different, with her or simply forgetting. It's always better to start something new with someone new than trying new things with people you have a past with.
6 - not recommended) I'm honestly like using some ultimatums to find the truth behind women's mixed behaviours. Most of the gentlemen here aren't fond of such thing, but it works well for me. It's all in, yes or no, and you can't be afraid of losing her to do this, it takes balls and patience. If you're in love it's not the best idea, but if you are between keep investing on her or **** off and find someone new, it can be a good idea. You gotta first know how to do it (I have a post about that). Most people thinks it's desperation, but if you see it with different eyes it's more like "Okay, you either stop doing this and we keep on, or you can keep on your silly game by yourself".

Remember, you can't force things to happen with a woman. If the door is closed, you don't keep trying to open it up. You simply wait (patience is the key) until she open it herself, or even find new ways to get inside.
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,788
Reaction score
8,860
Age
49
Very simple- If you do not feel as though you want to "date" her in order to fvck her, move on.

This is what I would do:

Her: would never happen at first blah blah blah
Me: Heck I dont even know if I LIKE you yet ;). Lets grab drinks this Thursday evening and I will find that out

Take her out for a few drinks.....see how it goes. She might get all worked up and let you fvck her. She might not. Be ok with either outcome and then decide.
 

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
3,889
Age
53
Have been texting a girl at work for a while now (didn't push because we work together).
First off, keep your texting neutral and to a minimum. She already has evidence on you if she wanted to pull the #metoo movement on you at any time.
As others said, quit chasing her and if you do work with her, maybe try to be more talkative or friendly to her other female coworkers(if you are working from home, this would be hard to do). This may initiate her wanting to get more attention from you. If this happens, just ask her if she wants to get after-work drink sometime. Then only say stuff or initiate if she is buzzed or drunk and you act like you are too. This creates some plausible deniability. Otherwise, I'd be careful considering she's a co-worker. Just don't let her ruin your career over some mediocre pvssy. Not worth it.
 

RestUnknown

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 21, 2016
Messages
144
Reaction score
20
Age
37
Alright thanks, I was afraid for this though.

It sucks, it's been a while since a girl this attractive showed some kind of interest, but I ruined it on so many ways. But yeah my mental health is fvcked up anyway, I'm even jealous at the guy who was her fvck buddy before, even though I don't know him. The thought I would have been able to fvck her as well and that I ruined it, is eating me up inside.

I honestly don't know where to start getting better, I've read the bible almost 3 times now, I keep staying in the same rut, and even getting worse.

Fine I've got this girl a bit interested in me because of some things I applied that I learned, but my beta behaviour kept winning.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2018
Messages
898
Reaction score
1,029
Is this all happening through text?

I don't believe you can establish a proper frame through texting or talking on the phone. There's something really artificial about it.
I can't even remember any moments in my life where I thought I had the upper hand in a text conversation.

This is not how you establish a frame in my opinion.
Real frame happens in person.
It's from your body language, your tone of voice, your posture, your vibe, your physical projection, your confidence.... etc.

None of that can be seen through text conversations.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Have been texting a girl at work for a while now (didn't push because we work together). But since last week we suddenly had more sexual oriented conversations. Last friday we were texting and was a bit drunk, asked her if she was attracted to me (she said yes), bit later said I wanted to fvck her.

She replied: would never happen at first, but with respect and trust ofcourse why not

Bit before that she also said this: we can never be **** buddies, I've just ended a friendship like that because I got hurt, don't want this again. Fine I can read between the lines. If a girl can have a **** buddy relationship before, she can and will have it again, but clearly she's just not interested enough.

Now I feel she's got a hold on me, I feel that I'm in her frame, that she has power over me now. I have to admit it's true, but before that talk, I felt it was more me then her. How do I get out of this again? I hate this feeling, it feels like we broke up, even though we never had anything.
Do you have other babes who you are fvcking? Are they coming thru? Do they desire to please you? Having that "buffer" kind of does it as far as frame, because you won't tolerate anything that's not adding to you.

Guys get in trouble a lot of times because they have nothing else going on.
 

RestUnknown

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 21, 2016
Messages
144
Reaction score
20
Age
37
Do you have other babes who you are fvcking? Are they coming thru? Do they desire to please you? Having that "buffer" kind of does it as far as frame, because you won't tolerate anything that's not adding to you.

Guys get in trouble a lot of times because they have nothing else going on.
Totally get the last phrase. I have nothing else going on, my life is boring and no other girls. My self esteem is way too low.

I’ve been able to get a girl (who has a boyfriend) text me some semi nude pics and videos two weeks back. She looks quite ok, but I’m actually not turned on by her...
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Totally get the last phrase. I have nothing else going on, my life is boring and no other girls. My self esteem is way too low.

I’ve been able to get a girl (who has a boyfriend) text me some semi nude pics and videos two weeks back. She looks quite ok, but I’m actually not turned on by her...
That can't be your foundation. Start off with ANYONE, and work your way up the ladder. Sex will raise your self esteem. And then learning that others like you. Somebody must like you.

Or you must be in a position where you can improve yourself and get more interest.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

RestUnknown

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 21, 2016
Messages
144
Reaction score
20
Age
37
do not ask a woman if she likes you, ever
Yeah since then it’s different between us.

Strange thing is she still acts normal, but I can’t, I don’t text/talk that much anymore. So it won’t be long before she gives up I guess.
 

dude99

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2016
Messages
2,550
Reaction score
3,105
Age
53
Have been texting a girl at work for a while now (didn't push because we work together). But since last week we suddenly had more sexual oriented conversations. Last friday we were texting and was a bit drunk, asked her if she was attracted to me (she said yes), bit later said I wanted to fvck her.

She replied: would never happen at first, but with respect and trust ofcourse why not

Bit before that she also said this: we can never be **** buddies, I've just ended a friendship like that because I got hurt, don't want this again. Fine I can read between the lines. If a girl can have a **** buddy relationship before, she can and will have it again, but clearly she's just not interested enough.

Now I feel she's got a hold on me, I feel that I'm in her frame, that she has power over me now. I have to admit it's true, but before that talk, I felt it was more me then her. How do I get out of this again? I hate this feeling, it feels like we broke up, even though we never had anything.
Easy problem to solve. Go date other women.
 

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
876
Age
38
Stop getting drunk.

If I had a nickel for every "things were progressing but then I got drunk and fücked it all up" threads on SoSuave, I'd have a fückload of nickels.
 

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
Have been texting a girl at work for a while now (didn't push because we work together). But since last week we suddenly had more sexual oriented conversations. Last friday we were texting and was a bit drunk, asked her if she was attracted to me (she said yes), bit later said I wanted to fvck her.

She replied: would never happen at first, but with respect and trust ofcourse why not

Bit before that she also said this: we can never be **** buddies, I've just ended a friendship like that because I got hurt, don't want this again. Fine I can read between the lines. If a girl can have a **** buddy relationship before, she can and will have it again, but clearly she's just not interested enough.

Now I feel she's got a hold on me, I feel that I'm in her frame, that she has power over me now. I have to admit it's true, but before that talk, I felt it was more me then her. How do I get out of this again? I hate this feeling, it feels like we broke up, even though we never had anything.
Dont listen to what women says or text.....
Its all bs....

When she said it would never happened at first only with respect and trust.
This is a **** test

Id say very well then i trust and respect you, when are you available?


Like most ppl said you need to txt her alot less, this is your mistake.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

RestUnknown

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 21, 2016
Messages
144
Reaction score
20
Age
37
Like most ppl said you need to txt her alot less, this is your mistake.
But what is too much and too less? I always have this nagging feeling that if I don’t respond ‘in time’, she just goes to someone else and I’m done for
 

rart

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 4, 2019
Messages
121
Reaction score
161
Age
48
But what is too much and too less? I always have this nagging feeling that if I don’t respond ‘in time’, she just goes to someone else and I’m done for
most of your interaction should be face to face. Use text/phone to set dates and logistics.
 

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
But what is too much and too less? I always have this nagging feeling that if I don’t respond ‘in time’, she just goes to someone else and I’m done for
That mindframe of if i dont anwser in time she will go to someone else is what you want to get rid off.

It give the impression of neediness and lacknof confindence.
A confident man dont care if she does or not go talk to someone else. This is how you can show value.

However im not sure that mindset can be fake
But this is what you should aim for.

Not saying to not txt like most ppl are advocating, but do it only when you have the time dont make exception because its her, and dont try to keep the txt going too long when there is nothing very interesting going on
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
That mindframe of if i dont anwser in time she will go to someone else is what you want to get rid off.

It give the impression of neediness and lacknof confindence.
A confident man dont care if she does or not go talk to someone else. This is how you can show value.

However im not sure that mindset can be fake
But this is what you should aim for.

Not saying to not txt like most ppl are advocating, but do it only when you have the time dont make exception because its her, and dont try to keep the txt going too long when there is nothing very interesting going on
You get rid of that mindframe by talking to someone else who is interested or doing some other activity you really want to do. Focus on what your doing.
 

bcude

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2019
Messages
762
Reaction score
1,219
Age
44
Last friday we were texting and was a bit drunk, asked her if she was attracted to me (she said yes), bit later said I wanted to fvck her.

She replied: would never happen at first, but with respect and trust ofcourse why not
Jeez, she probably wanted to but when you voluntarily put yourself beneath her, she started to question it and put up a test to see your reaction. She wants to fvck a man she sees as superior in some way, not a boy who's asking for permission, remember that for the future. Women mainly look at behavioral cues when it comes to men and that sort of behavior tells her she's dealing with someone who isn't used to women, which must mean he's not a catch and the opposite of pre-selected = not attractive.

But that's okay, it comes from neediness and being to outcome dependent. Like most have said that goes away when you start to see more than one and occupy your time with exciting hobbies and passions.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top