Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to defeat the Cons of Online Dating(OLD)

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hairdressers, realtors, and strippers were once my specialty! Talk about a rodeo, always a good time.
Yes.

Hairdressers tend to be a bit flighty and flaky.

Real estate agents are more often 30+ married moms with kids and 30+ divorced single moms. Neither is a great target. The ones that don't fit into that category do tend to be a bit wild. Some of the married moms might even be down for extramarital sex.

I don't think I need to say much about strippers. Best way to get with a stripper is find a way to meet her outside of work. That's not easy to do for a lot of men.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OLD is rigged. I live in Houston, and was getting likes/matches easily up until about 3 weeks into the app. It's been about a week without a match and maybe 2-3 likes. But as soon as I travel to another town/city and log in, I get home with several likes.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OLD is the easiest form to meet females. It’s mobile and efficient.
It has the illusion of efficiency because you aren't doing stuff for hours in-person, which is slow and tedious.

There's nothing efficient about this man's process, who is a 6/10.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It has the illusion of efficiency because you aren't doing stuff for hours in-person, which is slow and tedious.

If you go to the 1:09 timestamp you can see the dude is a beta in his pics. His type is not going to do well on Tinder.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OLD is rigged. I live in Houston, and was getting likes/matches easily up until about 3 weeks into the app. It's been about a week without a match and maybe 2-3 likes. But as soon as I travel to another town/city and log in, I get home with several likes.
Where are these "several likes" from, Houston or the alternate location?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you go to the 1:09 timestamp you can see the dude is a beta in his pics. His type is not going to do well on Tinder.
There are plenty of guys like him on all of the Big 3 dating apps. There are plenty of guys who are 6/10 looks betas. There are actually worse betas than that guy on the apps and in life.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I consider myself slightly above average in looks, I'm 5'9 and muscular. Yet when I get on these apps, I get matches and occasional lays. That's enough for me. So I don't agree with this vid. If the data is legit, the quality of messaging from the guy must not be there.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Love the quotation marks as if I'm lying. They're from the alternate location, fella. Just today.View attachment 9535
My bad, I didn't mean to imply that, I did that for reading ease. These girls are cute and of the optimal age. Just used to seeing the word like as a preposition rather than a noun and forgot what site I was on for some reason.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For some reason, when I last used this rubbish, it seemed that 90% of the woman on there were nurses.

"Not on here much - here's my Instagram"

I think the main purpose of online dating these days is for mediocre women to collect Instagram followers.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't read through all of the posts on this thread

I think success on OLD apps, sites, etc. will also be heavily dependent upon your location. I could easily see some major metro area like NYC actually be a pretty decent place for something like this, though it make take quite a long time to truly find what you are looking for. It shouldn't be any surprise to have very limited or possibly even 0 options within your standards if you live in a rural community or a small city. In my current area, once you get past university age women the number of options drops off substantially in addition to the overall quality, thus one of the reasons I just don't even bother.

I think the biggest problem with OLD for men is that a woman they match with will literally have dozens or hundreds of other men that are messaging her at that given period of time. She's going to have many options and may honestly be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of them. She may otherwise be into you but there are a dozen other men that are roughly comparable. I think if you can actually get them to meet up is when your chance of success improves, but even this can often be a challenge. More often than not women may just be chatting with you but with it leading to nothing, this may not even be due to a lack of interest.

The biggest benefit of OLD is the sheer volume you can potentially be reaching out to and possibly meeting for a date. This just wouldn't be possible with real life interactions or approaches unless you are literally going out multiple nights per week to approach and talk to women. There's nothing wrong with doing this but you have to go OUT of your way and literally be spending hours into this hobby, whereas with OLD you can literally just swip through on your phone whenever and wherever.

If OLD is something you want to try, just be prepared for little to no success in a short period of time and don't expect anything out of it, just keep it as a side hobby that doesn't detract much from your life.

Reaction score
I think the best way to approach online dating is not to take it seriously at all and see it as a mechanism to meet women who you would not routinely run into specially due to the geographical limitations. I don’t think anyone takes online dating serious and sometimes by caring less and by just having a regular conversation without thinking about it too much ends up being better.

Over thinking about online dating leads to mental chaos and lower confidence overtime. When you don’t get enough matches or you don’t match with anyone, you instinctively think that there’s something wrong with you.

I myself use a lot of online dating because I’m very busy to really be able to go approach during the day but at the same token, I don’t really put too much effort into or overthink it because women have told me they don’t take it seriously.

I think online dating is like a résumé, you need to work on making a good impression and by making that impression last. You need to make sure your photos are good and appealing and you seem sincere. I think that if you’re not willing to put the effort in making a good profile and expect the world then I don’t think you should expect great results.

Last edited:

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I consider myself slightly above average in looks, I'm 5'9 and muscular. Yet when I get on these apps, I get matches and occasional lays. That's enough for me. So I don't agree with this vid. If the data is legit, the quality of messaging from the guy must not be there.
Why do so many guys describe themselves as “slightly above average” and yet you never hear anyone describe himself as “slightly BELOW average”? In any event, I don’t disagree with you your point but find your comment a little amusing.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do so many guys describe themselves as “slightly above average” and yet you never hear anyone describe himself as “slightly BELOW average”? In any event, I don’t disagree with you your point but find your comment a little amusing.
I mean, the average man is literally around 5'7-5'10" or so, not terribly out of shape but not in shape either lol. To be below average would mean being below average height range, so 5'6" or less, and to be out of shape or even overweight to closing in on obese territory. I don't really think it's that easy to quantify and you also have to factor in things like age as well. A guy that is 6'+ and fit but 38 years old is going to be well above average for his age but would more often than not be considered unattractive or undatable to most women under 25.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In addition to the points made by OP, women who. have one or more of following in their profiles tend to be a complete waste of time:

1. References to being a “foodie” or “dog mom”.
2. Any mention of how much she loves to travel.
3. Describes herself as being “fluent in sarcasm” (amazing how many women use that corny-ass line).
4. Any reference to “love languages” (especially if her “love language” happens to be “receiving gifts”) or other pop psychology nonsense.
5. Says that she’s looking for someone who is “generous” or a “gentleman” (those are code words for sugar daddy).

Last edited:

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In addition to the points made by OP, women have one or more of following in their profiles tend to be a complete waste of time:

1. References to being a “foodie” or “dog mom”.
2. Any mention of how much she loves to travel.
3. Describes herself as being “fluent in sarcasm” (amazing how many women use that corny-ass line).
4. Any reference to “love languages” (especially if her “love language” happened to be “receiving gifts”) or other pop psychology nonsense.
5. Says that she’s looking for someone who is “generous” or a “gentleman” (those are code words for sugar daddy).
Anything about hating Trump, I've seen that here and there over the last couple years and it just points to her being an idiot.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean, the average man is literally around 5'7-5'10" or so, not terribly out of shape but not in shape either lol. To be below average would mean being below average height range, so 5'6" or less, and to be out of shape or even overweight to closing in on obese territory. I don't really think it's that easy to quantify and you also have to factor in things like age as well. A guy that is 6'+ and fit but 38 years old is going to be well above average for his age but would more often than not be considered unattractive or undatable to most women under 25.
My point is that the difference between being SLIGHTLY above average and slightly below average is rather…slight. And yet everyone considers themselves to be slightly above. lol.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Location and
My point is that the difference between being SLIGHTLY above average and slightly below average is rather…slight. And yet everyone considers themselves to be slightly above. lol.
I think you're slightly slighting him.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As you should. You've never seen me nor seen the women I attract.