How to coffee...

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I grind my own beans and make espresso on a La Pavoni Europiccola Professional lever machine.
View attachment 10760

How do you coffee?
I love this!!

Was talking with my homeboy yesterday about how coffee is yet another underrated aspect of being an allround DJ.

When she wakes up innthe morning the " bliss of excellence " continues right away. All the way till she leaves the crib.

There are plenty more seemingly insignificant things like this. Unfortunately I have zero experience with coffee on this level YET ,but its high upon my bucket list.

Last edited:

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My grandparents had one of those. They ran a small cafe in Palermo and I remember seeing that there, it was red on the bottom. I've always wondered what happened to that thing and wish I had it - I love to collect vintage/"retro" stuff.

I use a Bialetti moka pot for my daily coffee. I have a Rancilio Silvia Espresso machine I also, mainly when I have guests over. I also have a larger sized Bialetti for this purpose.

I usually get the Lavazza whole bean and grind it.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was talking with my homeboy yesterday about how coffee is yet another underrated aspect of being a allround DJ.
I had this new bunny coming over to meet me and see if she'd like to play with me. She didn't drink coffee, but watched me go through the whole procedure of grinding beans, measuring the portion, using the distributor and the tamp, inserting the filled filter cup in the machine and hand-pulling the water through the coffee. Later she told me that she felt so safe with me after seeing me take such care just to brew a cup of java, because if I was that meticulous about coffee, I probably would be as meticulous with play as well.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My grandparents had one of those. They ran a small cafe in Palermo and I remember seeing that there, it was red on the bottom. I've always wondered what happened to that thing and wish I had it - I love to collect vintage/"retro" stuff.
espresso comocafe como cafe front.jpeg espresso comocafe como cafe back.jpeg espresso comocafe microcimbali.jpeg
I usually get the Lavazza whole bean and grind it.
I get beans from a local roaster.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I had the time to do all that, I would invest in a nice espresso machine. Otherwise, my Nespresso does the job for me currently.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I grind my own beans and make espresso on a La Pavoni Europiccola Professional lever machine.
View attachment 10760

How do you coffee?
Really cool. Thanks for posting...
I've been big on pour-over... Chemex, Hario V60.. I also own an aero press. One day i want to get a good espresso machine,admittedly using nespresso.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get free coffee for life from a franchise, so I just do that but I'll make my own herbal teas from scratch, tried everything from Dandelion tea to actual Dandelion coffee which you can make yourself from the root of the Dandelion.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes grind my own, sometimes get pre-ground.
There's a place in town always has a good selection of beans and grounds - they roast the beans in-store, and the selection changes seasonally.
My goto morning brew is a dark roast, made in a cafetiere (French press) - I use a double lined steel press rather than glass, so the coffee keeps it's temperature while it's brewing.
Make espresso also, but mostly use the press - Maybe 80%-20% cafetiere-espresso.

Women always seem to appreciate what they call 'proper' coffee, because the majority of people in UK these days use those awful instants.
I've been called a 'coffee-snob' several times.
Funny because they always comment how good the brewed coffee is.

I do love a good dark-roast Javan.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been called a 'coffee-snob' several times.
I'm not considered a coffee snob, because I don't comment on how other people consider Nespresso 'coffee'.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I don't drink it for any other reason than to give a caffeine boost for fat burning and it's liver protecting abilities.

I simply put a scoop in a filter and brew it.

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not considered a coffee snob, because I don't comment on how other people consider Nespresso 'coffee'.
LOL
How to diss something, without actually saying the words.....

I usually get the coffee snob comment because when I'm offered coffee I always ask what it is... and will usually decline if it's an instant (except for a couple of instants which I find tolerable)

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How to diss something, without actually saying the words.....
I'm a writer.

I usually get the coffee snob comment because when I'm offered coffee I always ask what it is... and will usually decline if it's an instant (except for a couple of instants which I find tolerable)
I do the same thing and people rarely offer me Nespresso. Maybe I'm wrong and they do consider me a coffee snob behind my back.

Serenity

Reaction score
Nespresso if I'm lazy, it tastes like cereal, but it's tolerable if I just need a caffeine hit.

Most of the time it's V60. Grind my own beans, I buy the good stuff that's freshly roasted. So simple and cheap equipment, yet so good coffee.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My brother and i were talking about why we think Italians love espresso instead of big cups of coffee like Americans

basically you have to urinate less and italians are always out walking around and dont want to go to find bathrooms all the time lol