Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to be the type of man that commands respect???

bigwuz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm really curious. I've been in relationships where the women seem to show respect at first then get off on not showing me any type of respect. How do I become the type of man that always that commands respect and people listen to???

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most guys will tell you on here that you have to pass all sorts of sh!t tests and always be on guard to look for ways she’s trying to test you. I find that mentally exhausting. I just walk away now when a woman starts disrespecting me. I’ve been around the type of woman you’re talking about and it only gets worse. Even if you corrected her, put your foot down, called her out, whatever, she’s still gonna do it. The power of walking away is the strongest tool a man can have but few choose to use it.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good advice from above. Also, you gotta be a man who takes care of his own sh1t as well. I get into relationships with women who want to be submissive; cook and clean and all that. However, that doesn't mean I can just on the couch all day every day scraching my ass and expecting her to take care of everything. She wants to be submissive to a strong man, a man who takes care of business. She wants to take care of you after you've had a long day of kickin ass and takin names.... give her something to respect. Even if you're just making that effort.. moving forward someway somehow..

Last edited:

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
...the women seem to show respect at first then get off on not showing me any type of respect.
This suggests that you're just pretending to be someone respectable but eventually show your true colors as someone who isn't.

If you want to command respect, as the title of your thread says, you need to become the type of man that automatically commands respect. I'm not talking about surface level tricks like just walking away first or relying on the other person to be more submissive than you or whatnot. Think about what kind of man would automatically walk away first without having to think about it. Think about what kind of man elicits a submissive response in even the brattiest of brats.

This is a man who is grounded in his masculinity and has enough life experience to have wisdom and authority by default. He's a man who knows his core values, a man who's been tested and persevered, a man who knows what he's about, and a man who understands how other people feel because he understands how he and other humans feel. It's the reason he is decisive and dependable. It's the basis of his considerateness and compassion. It's why he's also strict about his own boundaries.

If you can identify any habits that cause others to lose respect for you, consider where those habits are coming from and start making a change from the inside.

SmoothHendrixPS2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Be willing to leave the relationship on your terms at any point in time. Stand up for yourself. Don't always compromise (Nice guy). Be more assertive. Care less about her reaction to everything you do. Your way or the highway mentality. Be more masculine. Have a backup chick.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
#1 Hack
Be a man of few words.
#2 Hack
Never speak of yourself in a negative light. Ever.
# 3 Hack
Apologize when wrong, but don’t ever let it turn into her henpecking you. See #1.
# 4 Hack
Do not say “I’m sorry” in response to someone speaking of a negative experience - it’s not your doing. Instead say “wow that’s unfortunate”.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
-Be the best in every sphere of life. (Fitness, Finance, Personality, Looks, Morality, Faith, Psychology)
-Fitness, have a top 10% physique. -
-Be amazing in bed,
-look good and dress nice, have a sense of style
-have a top 10% personality,
-be cool, tough, know how to kick ass, but never be the one to start sh.t.
-Treat people around you, especially strangers like waitresses/servers with respect.
-Don't give into peoples drama and egg it on, instead get yourself out of it or try to mediate if its friends and tell them to cut the nonsense.. especially if they're fightin over something stupid.. or make em actually duke it out and settle it then and there.
-Have your finances together and let your castle speak for itself.
-Keep a tribe of alpha males who are also respect worthy and strong men with strong values.
-Keep a strong level of moral integrity.. ie: dont sleep with peoples wive sor girlfriends just because all the rappers talk about it and peop;el think its cool.
-Have faith or believe in something and stand by it with an iron heart.. but be open, respectful and understanding to other peoples ideas and cultures.
-Have a positive attitude

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you don’t, women only respect guys they find high value. You could become president and the richest man tomorrow and those same women would still not respect you.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you well educated? Or are you just a dime a dozen simp who pulls out a smartphone and Google searches everything pretending to know everything?

bigwuz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who actually responded. I appreciate all the help

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most guys will tell you on here that you have to pass all sorts of sh!t tests and always be on guard to look for ways she’s trying to test you. I find that mentally exhausting. I just walk away now when a woman starts disrespecting me. I’ve been around the type of woman you’re talking about and it only gets worse. Even if you corrected her, put your foot down, called her out, whatever, she’s still gonna do it. The power of walking away is the strongest tool a man can have but few choose to use it.
Yup I agree. A girl who has high IL won't risk losing a man by testing him all the time. It's flat out disrespectful if they continually do it. =

Now, one area I completely disagree with tradcon men is that women should automatically respect men. Men need to deserve the respect. That has nothing to do with game, it just means you have your **** together in your life. If she doesn't respect all your sacrifices and success...just walk.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the way. People are literal pylons you can’t change. When they reveal themselves: believe them and respond accordingly.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm really curious. I've been in relationships where the women seem to show respect at first then get off on not showing me any type of respect. How do I become the type of man that always that commands respect and people listen to???
Respect yourself by living a life worthy of respect. People definitely won't respect you unless you respect yourself

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being able to walk away without any arguments or explanations is the only thing that will put a woman in her place.
You will deem her unworthy and cause her narc injury over anything else you can tell her.

Straight up abandonment.
Correct.

When getting disrespected, try not to show you're offended/butthurt (it's a skill that takes time to master though), and simply walk away.

No bullsh!t arguments. No bullsh!t "trying to re-frame". Nothing. Just walk the fvck away.