Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How strict is your state about masks?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I made this post on August 23. Still curious to hear what’s going on around the United States and world in regards to people wearing mask. Where I live and work in Illinois South of Chicago you’ve got both extremes going still. Some businesses will not let you in without one and are stricter then ever. While others have taken their signs down and are moving on trying to present a sense of normalcy for their customers.
New Jersey finally opened indoor dining and gyms (the last state to do so). Most people still aren't participating. Mask use is widespread indoor and required in every public space. People aren't wearing masks outside much in New Jersey. In New York City, everyone is wearing masks even outside.

I personally don't wear a mask outside unless it's an extremely crowded venue such as the beach promenade. For indoors, I always wear a mask - no exceptions.

"Normalcy" is a feel good goal. Unfortunately, normalcy is unrealistic in the height of a pandemic. We can get pretty close to normal if people would just wear the damn masks. It's the most effective weapon we have against COVID-19.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you really think COVID-19 will disappear on November 4?
It won't disappear, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was reported about much differently, depending on the results of the election.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Why and how would it be reported differently?
If one candidate wins the election, Covid cases will start to go down immediately. Then around February-March it will be reported that Covid is gone enough to open the country back to mostly a previous 'normal'. The media might even give this new president credit for saving humanity.

If the other candidate wins the election, Covid will be reported as a 'pandemic' for the next four years. AND/OR, a new 'pandemic' that is far worse than Covid like the Black Plague or some other problem to keep the country in chaos will be reported.

Disclaimer: In the spirit of not breaking forum rules, I'm not going to differentiate between potential presidents I reference above. Both statements are hypothetical and for entertainment purposes only.

U

user43770

Are you retarded, eye, or are blissfully ignorant.

I bet the latter.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If one candidate wins the election, Covid cases will start to go down immediately. Then around February-March it will be reported that Covid is gone enough to open the country back to mostly a previous 'normal'. The media might even give this new president credit for saving humanity.

If the other candidate wins the election, Covid will be reported as a 'pandemic' for the next four years. AND/OR, a new 'pandemic' that is far worse than Covid like the Black Plague or some other problem to keep the country in chaos will be reported.

Disclaimer: In the spirit of not breaking forum rules, I'm not going to differentiate between potential presidents I reference above. Both statements are hypothetical and for entertainment purposes only.
And this will be solely due to the media? Not due to actual new executive orders, staff appointments, and laws enacted?

Because they're yes men hitting quotas
That’s a platitude. Be specific. Why and how would COVID-19 be reported differently?

logicallefty

Reaction score
And this will be solely due to the media? Not due to actual new executive orders, staff appointments, and laws enacted?

That’s a platitude. Be specific. Why and how would COVID-19 be reported differently?
Yes, it will be because of the media. If you know of any specific executive orders, staff appointments, laws enacted, etc that one candidate is planning on doing to stop Covid please share.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny how the MSM pretends like they never engaged in 3.5 years of Russiagate fear-mongering based on no evidence....

Regardless of who wins in Nov, there will be no more political incentive to fear-monger and this whole charade will quietly disappear from the headlines.....

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only good thing about masks is that it increases the halo effect of my hunter eyes....

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, it will be because of the media. If you know of any specific executive orders, staff appointments, laws enacted, etc that one candidate is planning on doing to stop Covid please share.
National Mask Mandate will be the first executive order when the new President is sworn in.

Funny how the MSM pretends like they never engaged in 3.5 years of Russiagate fear-mongering based on no evidence....

Regardless of who wins in Nov, there will be no more political incentive to fear-monger and this whole charade will quietly disappear from the headlines.....
There is a 100% chance COVID-19 will still be a serious issue after the election.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd be okay with a mask mandate even without COVID. Most people are fukking slobs who can't cover their mouths when they sneeze or cough in public. People walk around spitting anywhere they like.

And I kind of like having it on. I don't miss seeing everyone's mug and I don't need them gawking at mine. As it happens I can control people with my eyes, so it hasn't changed my life one iota. And if I find out a girl is ugly from the nose down, I'll just tell her to keep the mask on when we smash. She won't catch feels without all the kissing.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I'd be okay with a mask mandate even without COVID. Most people are fukking slobs who can't cover their mouths when they sneeze or cough in public. People walk around spitting anywhere they like.

And I kind of like having it on. I don't miss seeing everyone's mug and I don't need them gawking at mine. As it happens I can control people with my eyes, so it hasn't changed my life one iota. And if I find out a girl is ugly from the nose down, I'll just tell her to keep the mask on when we smash. She won't catch feels without all the kissing.
Masks in the office would have been handy even without Covid. A client/coworker greets you and during small talk proceeds to tell you about the stomach bug that their whole family had over the weekend.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We can get pretty close to normal if people would just wear the damn masks. It's the most effective weapon we have against COVID-19.
It's a bandaid at best and we are just buying time while sacrificing our civil liberties. But of course I just opened myself up for endless debates. Let's all believe and live how we want without shoving down our beliefs on one another. Otherwise this will go round and around just like all the other millions of threads on it.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a bandaid at best and we are just buying time while sacrificing our civil liberties. But of course I just opened myself up for endless debates. Let's all believe and live how we want without shoving down our beliefs on one another. Otherwise this will go round and around just like all the other millions of threads on it.
No. That is wrong. Belief has nothing to do with epidemiological data. Masks are the most effective weapon against COVID-19. That fact isn’t debatable.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. That is wrong. Belief has nothing to do with epidemiological data. Masks are the most effective weapon against COVID-19. That fact isn’t debatable.
First you were big on wearing masks in other threads and now even though you say it's the most effective weapon, you just admitted that you don't wear it outside at all in this thread. If you feel it's the most effective weapon, shouldn't you be wearing it all the time? You're kinda going making stuff up and adhering to your own rules. Don't you think? Hypocritical?

I personally don't wear a mask outside unless it's an extremely crowded venue such as the beach promenade. For indoors, I always wear a mask - no exceptions.
Round and round...

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First you were big on wearing masks in other threads and now even though you say it's the most effective weapon, you just admitted that you don't wear it outside at all in this thread. If you feel it's the most effective weapon, shouldn't you be wearing it all the time? You're kinda going making stuff up and adhering to your own rules. Don't you think? Hypocritical?

Round and round...
Wrong. Stop lying and do some research. Public health officials have said countless times masks are not necessary outdoors if one can socially distance. That means avoiding crowds. The difference between outdoor and indoor is ventilation. The science doesn’t change based on your feelings.

logicallefty

Reaction score
National Mask Mandate will be the first executive order when the new President is sworn in.
Well if what you say is true then they better keep police around to enforce it huh?

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wrong. Stop lying and do some research. Public health officials have said countless times masks are not necessary outdoors if one can socially distance. That means avoiding crowds. The difference between outdoor and indoor is ventilation. The science doesn’t change based on your feelings.
No one is lying in anything I said. Read my words again tell me specifically where I lied. You are being selective and once again taking the so called "experts" words and trying to make everyone believe and follow them. In essence like I said before, you are shoving down your beliefs and what you hear on everyone else.

Let me try to put this simply. If you believe masks are the most effective weapon, for them to be effective, one must wear them at all times.

America has lost a lot of it's common sense lately. Let's take your case for example of not wearing it outdoors for example, if you're out walking and a jogger runs alongside you and sneezes on you, how is that any better or effective at preventing the spread of Covid? When you are outside, you can't control socially distancing 100%. Even if you socially distance at 6ft by the so called experts that once said you really need 10-12ft, what about in scenarios where someone sneezes 12 ft away but then the wind carries those droplets right to you?

There are so many variables that can happen, it's comical to think masks will solve everything.

I can see you are doing the same song and dance you've done in the other threads. This will be it from me. You live the way you want but don't try to dictate or change others in the way you want them to live through your logic and beliefs.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No one is lying in anything I said. Read my words again tell me specifically where I lied. You are being selective and once again taking the so called "experts" words and trying to make everyone believe and follow them. In essence like I said before, you are shoving down your beliefs and what you hear on everyone else.
There you go again. Belief has nothing to do with the science and public policy enacted from it

Let me try to put this simply. If you believe masks are the most effective weapon, for them to be effective, one must wear them at all times.
Wrong. That is not what the science says. You don’t need a mask walking your dog down the street. Do you not understand nuance?

America has lost a lot of it's common sense lately. Let's take your case for example of not wearing it outdoors for example, if you're out walking and a jogger runs alongside you and sneezes on you, how is that any better or effective at preventing the spread of Covid?
Clearly. This example lacks common sense. Why would a jogger walk alongside you and sneeze on you?

When you are outside, you can't control socially distancing 100%. Even if you socially distance at 6ft by the so called experts that once said you really need 10-12ft, what about in scenarios where someone sneezes 12 ft away but then the wind carries those droplets right to you?

There are so many variables that can happen, it's comical to think masks will solve everything.

I can see you are doing the same song and dance you've done in the other threads. This will be it from me. You live the way you want but don't try to dictate or change others in the way you want them to live through your logic and beliefs.
There is the rationalization. The three core principles the epidemiologists have been suggesting for month are simple:

-wash your hands
-socially distance
-wear a mask

If you are unwilling to do those that’s fine.. just don’t complain about the covid related restrictions as people with your mindset are the ones prolonging the pandemic.