Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How strict is your state about masks?

logicallefty

Reaction score
I appreciate all of the replies so far fellas. Sounds like it’s very similar things going on with this in a lot of places.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Our Governor (a Democrat) is talking about enforcing a mandate, but so far, there isn't one. The only thing a business can do (if they ask you to wear one and you don't) is have you arrested for "trespassing."

- Where do you live?
N.C. (I'll probably edit this later because I don't like giving out too many specifics)

Do places have signs posted about mask being required?
Yes, on the entrance doors. Most have the words "mandatory" but some use the word "encouraged." Oddly enough though, over 90% will say nothing if you walk in without one. 90% of the customers conform. 95% of the employees conform. Over half that I've asked don't like wearing one. I don't wear one. And I hope that others seeing me being served without a mask will think twice about their mask behavior (upon their next outing) .

If you don’t wear one do the employees say anything?
Rarely does this occur. It happens mostly at thrift stores. I've politely responded with "Actually, I don't suffer from delusional paranoia and do not require one". That line never works, but it's fun to say in a friendly confident manner among a mask wearing crowd. Then after I get the lecture that it's "required" (which so far, it actually isn't). I pull one out of my pocket and say that "I'm not use to appeasing adults of sound mind, but okay."

If you don’t wear one do non-employees say anything?
I keep waiting for this to happen, but so far it hasn't. I've already got my line prepared ... which is... "I can understand putting on a Santa uniform for children at Christmas because they are.. ya know... young and impressionable. I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be asked to coddle adults in the same manner. You are an adult of sound mind.... right?"

Last edited:

Asseater

Don Juan
Reaction score
Our Governor (a Democrat) is talking about enforcing a mandate, but so far, there isn't one. The only thing a business can do (if they ask you to wear one and you don't) is have you arrested for "trespassing."

N.C. (I'll probably edit this later because I don't like giving out too many specifics)

Yes, on the entrance doors. Most have the words "mandatory" but some use the word "encouraged." Oddly enough though, over 90% will say nothing if you walk in without one. 90% of the customers conform. 95% of the employees conform. Over half that I've asked don't like wearing one. I don't wear one. And I hope that others seeing me being served without a mask will think twice about

I keep waiting for this to happen, but so far it hasn't. I've already got my line prepared ... which is... "I can understand putting on a Santa uniform for children at Christmas because they are.. ya know... young and impressionable. I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be asked to coddle adults in the same manner. You are an adult of sound mind.... right?"
Don't let your need to make a witty quip ruin the day of some grocery store employee enforcing a rule their boss is making them. I can guarantee you I don't give a **** about masks but would enforce any rules my boss made me to be able to pay rent.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seeing no masks a lot in gas stations now.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't let your need to make a witty quip ruin the day of some grocery store employee enforcing a rule their boss is making them. I can guarantee you I don't give a **** about masks but would enforce any rules my boss made me to be able to pay rent.
I'm on the same page as you 100%. My flippancy would only be directed to smarmy behaved business owners.

LazyYoda

Reaction score
I think that is not hard to wear masks just for a couple of.. years? even if it will be a couple of years, it helps.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I stopped going to Walmart, because they're being mask nazis. I started going to other places where almost all of the customers wear masks, but where the employees don't try to enforce a mask policy.

Still, if I'm asked to wear one, I will put one on, but only if I'm asked by an employee. They don't get paid enough to get fuucked with by customers.

The way I figure it, if everyone would only put on a mask when directly asked, this nonsense would disappear overnight. The solution isn't to be a diick to minimum wage employees who are just doing what they're told. The problem is that too many people comply without even being asked.
Circle K gas station not far from me. Circle K is the place to go if u don’t like masks

Attachments

Billtx49

Reaction score
I personally relate this pointless argument to a valuable lesson learned firsthand in the military:
Told tear gas bad for you-wore a mask
Told Covid bad for you-wearing a mask

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's already talk from one side of the aisle about implementing a national face mask mandate.....

Billtx49

Reaction score
There's already talk from one side of the aisle about implementing a national face mask mandate.....
Extraordinary times require extraordinary measures…
We’re not in Kansas anymore Toto

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think we'll be wearing masks the rest of our lives, Covid or no Covid.
From here it's just a small hop to protecting everyone from the flu and every other communicable disease.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think we'll be wearing masks the rest of our lives, Covid or no Covid.
From here it's just a small hop to protecting everyone from the flu and every other communicable disease.
I will not. I will move to where no one else is either. If that requires leaving the U.S., all the better.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally relate this pointless argument to a valuable lesson learned firsthand in the military:
Told tear gas bad for you-wore a mask
Told Covid bad for you-wearing a mask
That's your argument? Blindly follow orders.

Billtx49

Reaction score
That's your argument? Blindly follow orders.
My argument is there is no argument to be made when people who know more about a serious health issue than I do advise me to do what’s best for myself, and others.
High death risk category-Wear a mask for myself and others
Low death risk category-Respectfully and unselfishly wear a mask for others

A vaccine and other meds Will be coming, this isn’t a lifelong inconvenience …

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My argument is there is no argument to be made when people who know more about a serious health issue than I do advise me to do what’s best for myself, and others.

Blindly follow orders
Got it

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I've been seeing more of lately is people will be wearing masks but they'll have it pulled down under their nose, so they can breathe better I imagine. This seems especially common among females and employees. The employees have to wear them all day so no surprise there.

That probably isn't that bad of a practice if you think about it. I've always thought the main purpose most masks served was that it kept you from spitting on the other person if you talked to them. That's still the case even if they have their nose out.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I have an avg immune system and avg genetics. There's nothing special about my wiring. In fact, because I smoke two packs a day and eat processed foods and in my mid 50's, I'm probably considered a "higher risk" .. but guess what?

I'm around 50 new people per day (six days a week) and 98% of the time no mask... and no problems here.

The only argument left "oh, I'm being selfish because I might be a carrier of covid."
The good news is ... if you have an avg immune system and no preexisting health problems... I suspect that you'll be just fine like me. And for those that do have a compromised immune system or are over 60 etc... why would they willingly go out and potentially subject themselves? It's their choice to do so of course, but the fault doesn't lie on me. It's on them.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have an avg immune system and avg genetics. There's nothing special about my wiring. In fact, because I smoke two packs a day and eat processed foods and in my mid 50's, I'm probably considered a "higher risk" .. but guess what?

I'm around 50 new people per day (six days a week) and 98% of the time no mask... and no problems here.

The only argument left "oh, I'm being selfish because I might be a carrier of covid."
The good news is ... if you have an avg immune system and no preexisting health problems... I suspect that you'll be just fine like me. And for those that do have a compromised immune system or are over 60 etc... why would they willingly go out and potentially subject themselves? It's their choice to do so of course, but the fault doesn't lie on me. It's on them.
You are definitely high risk and you’ve been lucky.

Problem with the US is a lot of people have this reckless attitude and assume they are fine simply because the virus hasn’t yet overwhelmed their area with community spread. We saw this with all the ****y dumbass governors in Florida, Texas, and Georgia. If you didn’t get this virus yet, odds are it’s just luck.

I work in an office where close to 50% of the employees had it March-April. We had relatives of my coworkers die from COVID-19. I tested twice negative for antibodies. I started working from home two weeks before they did. Don’t buy into the asymptomatic bullshvt. Odds are you didn’t have it.