Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How rare is large age gap dating?

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
According to sosuave, every 40–50-year-old is dating an 18 year old lol.
Ha-ha! - Yeah sometimes seems like it....

FTR - Youngest I've dated down since turning 50, was 29 when I was 54.
Most of the time though it ranges from late 30s to early 50s (I'm currently 59 btw) - Current 'interest' is 45

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
I'm 48 years old and dating a 24 year old...

So yeh it can happen, but it's unlikely to last, with that kind of age Gap, especially as she begins to realise what her SMV is
Shes already past her prime but the world will try to convince her otherwise.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shes already past her prime but the world will try to convince her otherwise.
I kinda agree with that... From age 24-28 is a very crucial time for a chick to get things right.. after that bad decisions will likely lead to a life time of failure

patb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I kinda agree with that... From age 24-28 is a very crucial time for a chick to get things right.. after that bad decisions will likely lead to a life time of failure
Failure is highly relative for modern women. She'll have more "options" (I hate that word) than 95% of men.

patb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 48 years old and dating a 24 year old...

So yeh it can happen, but it's unlikely to last, with that kind of age Gap, especially as she begins to realise what her SMV is
Yeah, I've noticed that the younger ones actually tend to underestimate themselves a bit (presumably because they've been comparing themselves to girls their own age in a relatively closed environment). Like anything good on this Earth, it doesn't last.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is coming from someone that lives in a highly densely populated student area with girls between 18 & 23-24 and i can tell you now

You do not see many with Men in their 30's with 18-19 year old girls

Most modern 18-21 year old females are not interested in serious relationships they are just getting free from mummy and daddy and are just wanting fun ( usually with guys within their own social circles & their own age )

if your game and confidence is water tight and you can actually be in an environment with them you CAN get laid but that is it they will not be interested in anything else

I am 30 started smashing a 23 year old when i got to this area the sex was good but our views on life and our experiences were miles apart we had very very little in common at our cores

By 30 as a man you would have experienced enough fuk@ry in the world for it to have taken its toll , in your late teens and early 20's your still full of the joys of spring

That is the biggest factor and there is very little you can do to overturn it in the long run

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have met quite a number of tweens that had experience with men up to their late 40´s.
The main complaint they had was that these men became insecure and clingy after a while.... which ultimately turned them off.

A 52 y.o. gym-buddy of mine is in a LTR with a 25 y.o. since 2019.
He is in good shape and looks way younger then 52 but still..... he is in no way rich or anything, but has a good job and his shyt together.
The girl is looking good (id rate her an 8) and quite reasonable.

I say it is doable if one has the qualities needed, but with that gap "she´s not yours, its just your turn", enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.

oliver109

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is coming from someone that lives in a highly densely populated student area with girls between 18 & 23-24 and i can tell you now

Most modern 18-21 year old females are not interested in serious relationships they are just getting free from mummy and daddy and are just wanting fun ( usually with guys within their own social circles & their own age )

if your game and confidence is water tight and you can actually be in an environment with them you CAN get laid but that is it they will not be interested in anything else

I am 30 started smashing a 23 year old when i got to this area the sex was good but our views on life and our experiences were miles apart we had very very little in common at our cores

By 30 as a man you would have experienced enough fuk@ry in the world for it to have taken its toll , in your late teens and early 20's your still full of the joys of spring

That is the biggest factor and there is very little you can do to overturn it in the long run
Would you say that girls from poorer backgrounds are more outgoing/receptive to men outside their social circle and age group? When i think of a lot of college girls i have in mind that valley girl type who uses the word "like" in every sentence is in "that was so like boring" I live in England but we have that type here, usually affluent, stylish and often very attractive but quite cold to people outside their social circle.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Agree, these young girls are also into the lgbt, woke left, feminism BS. I've tried previously but it's not worth tolerating them for sex. I'm sure there are more traditional young women out there, just even harder to find and less likely to be in bars, clubs or on OLD like the usual riff-raff.

patb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I say it is doable if one has the qualities needed, but with that gap "she´s not yours, its just your turn", enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.
I think that's probably more a function of their absolute age than the gap, per se.

Reaction score

This so much. My ex was 20 years old in school and had great ambitions to be an attorney that made a difference in the world. There was other bs she believed in because she was 20, but that young mindset alone caused a lot of conflicts. Telling them how life really goes will make you appear negative and cynical to them.

Another issue is that they do not understand grown people problems yet because they haven't gone into the real world. Yet, they expect you drop your issues and cater to them when you have already experienced their problems. You have work tomorrow, but she wants you to go out to a bar or stay up all night doing gods knows what. You know something is a waste of money from experience, but she hasn't experienced it yet so here you go again.

There's also a lot more immaturity discrepancies, but that's self-explanatory.

Last edited:

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This so much. My ex was 20 years old in school and had great ambitions to be an attorney that made a difference in the world. There was other bs she believed in because she was 20, but that young mindset alone caused a lot of conflicts. Telling them how life really goes will make you appear negative and cynical to them.

Another issue is that they do not understand grown people problems yet because they haven't gone into the real world. Yet, they expect you drop your issues and cater to them when you have already experienced their problems. You have work tomorrow, but she wants you to go out to a bar or stay up all night doing gods knows what. You know something is a waste of money from experience, but she hasn't experienced it yet so here you go again.

Yep, i didn't think i was that naive 10 years ago but now looking back i was clueless about pretty much everything and all i wanted to think about was my next Saturday night out .

18-25 year olds think life is one big party ( and for that brief spell it is ) they have the world at their feet

It is only after a few heartbreaks ,50 hour working weeks , cra@ppy jobs , money issues and quarrels with friends
do they realise adult life isn't actually the dream they were sold

I am seeing girls in their 30's trying to relive their 20's and failing quite spectacularly

A 30 year old cannot party and drink like a 20 year old , or enjoy the surface level interactions a 20 year old does

At 20 EVERYONE is your best friend

At 30 if you've learnt anything in life you can easily see people for what they really are and 8/10 it ain't pretty

All of these intricacies will stop you from really being able to understand each other

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The biggest reason it's not more common is because in the past few decades, women have created such a powerful social convention labelling it as "creepy" etc that most simps are buying into it and parroting back what they say. Talk to any man 30+ and he'll probably try to insist that the best dating partners are their own age...

Last edited:

oliver109

Don Juan
Reaction score
The biggest reason it's not more common is because in the past few decades, women have created such a powerful social convention labelling it as "creepy" etc that most simps are buying into it and parroting back what they say. Talk to any man 30+ and he'll probably try to insist that the best dating partners are their own age...
It's more the case i think that women feel more comfortable dating within their peer group, there is also the worry about the guy looking out of place with her if he appears considerably older, even in 3rd world societies without all this feminist nonsense tend to have couples being closer in age, unless you go to the most extreme areas of Afghanistan or Iraq.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I think the attitude after 30 makes a big difference. I think you are as old or as young as you physically feel

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the attitude after 30 makes a big difference. I think you are as old or as young as you physically feel
Yes but that has nothing to do with what i am saying

You can tell yourself your 21 every single day and you might start believing it

But eventually the world and life will take its toll its absolutely inevitable

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes but that has nothing to do with what i am saying

You can tell yourself your 21 every single day and you might start believing it

But eventually the world and life will take its toll its absolutely inevitable
And that's not was I was saying.

I didn't say that you should bs yourself. How you feel and think about yourself is an indicator.

If one person says he is successful, and another says he is not successful, they are probably both right.

I'll give a personal example. Back in 2019 I dated an 18 yo and a 19 yo when I was 35. I felt young and did not have a problem keeping up with them. A few years later, at 38, I'm in a lot worse shape than I was when I was 35. I feel more than a decade older, and right now, I don't think I could keep up with what I did.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's more the case i think that women feel more comfortable dating within their peer group, there is also the worry about the guy looking out of place with her if he appears considerably older, even in 3rd world societies without all this feminist nonsense tend to have couples being closer in age, unless you go to the most extreme areas of Afghanistan or Iraq.
The social element can be tricky sure. Are most people in relationships meeting from their social circle though? People are becoming less and less social nowadays.