How Meditation has been a pivotal part of my success in life

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
I believe out of any post I will ever write on this entire forum-- This one is the most powerful tool that I have utilized in my life that I'm sharing with you today. While it isn't a mystical gem, and is quite commonly known, consistent meditation will without a doubt have a really positive benefit on anyone's life.

I started meditating a long time ago.. Let's just say a short while before it became a fashionable/popular thing.

How it helped me, I believe what it does is allow us to be more still minded... which can:
1) help prevent thoughts from getting in the way of anything I needed to do, especially negative thoughts which just come from anxiety
2) helped create alot of clarity in my thinking--clear mindedness.
3) It seems to turn off the emotional part of the brain that relates to both 1 and 2. or make it fire less/be less active in our everyday conscious thinking.

After a lot of self reflection, I realized that -- most of what we desire, what we want, our plans, etc.. the average person already thinks about quite alot.. So you can say our mind knows all of what we want, desire, and what will make us happy.
The problem is, we don't quiet our mind and mental chatter of wanting these desires or ideas of why we cant have them, etc.

I believe Meditation just helps us manifest by alleviating all that mental chatter and fog/smoke that makes the picture/reality of having our desires possible.. so then when our mind can understand and clearly have that vision subconsciously, it figures out ways to make it more and more vivid till its a reality. The other part of it is, when we have less mental chatter and emotional triggering of fears and anxiety, we are more able to take the actions necessary and be more consistent in the habits that will cultivate our desires into reality.

How is meditation done--or how do I perform Meditation?
- I simply sit down in a place, and after years of practice, doesn't even need to be a quiet place or a safe place. I can also meditate with my eyes open or while doing activities that don't require too much movement. Beginners will want a quiet place without much noise or distraction.

- I just focus on the present moment, the energy around me and then focus on my breathing .. After a certain point its like my focus lets go of the breathing and I'm just -being- present..the mind becomes completely still and its just a real unique feeling. However if my conscious begins to drift, I will fall asleep or begin to nod off-- which is why I like to do this in the daytime and outside on my balcony /with sunlight out. Mornings are especially blissful.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe out of any post I will ever write on this entire forum-- This one is the most powerful tool that I have utilized in my life that I'm sharing with you today. While it isn't a mystical gem, and is quite commonly known, consistent meditation will without a doubt have a really positive benefit on anyone's life.

I started meditating a long time ago.. Let's just say a short while before it became a fashionable/popular thing.

How it helped me, I believe what it does is allow us to be more still minded... which can:
1) help prevent thoughts from getting in the way of anything I needed to do, especially negative thoughts which just come from anxiety
2) helped create alot of clarity in my thinking--clear mindedness.
3) It seems to turn off the emotional part of the brain that relates to both 1 and 2. or make it fire less/be less active in our everyday conscious thinking.

After a lot of self reflection, I realized that -- most of what we desire, what we want, our plans, etc.. the average person already thinks about quite alot.. So you can say our mind knows all of what we want, desire, and what will make us happy.
The problem is, we don't quiet our mind and mental chatter of wanting these desires or ideas of why we cant have them, etc.

I believe Meditation just helps us manifest by alleviating all that mental chatter and fog/smoke that makes the picture/reality of having our desires possible.. so then when our mind can understand and clearly have that vision subconsciously, it figures out ways to make it more and more vivid till its a reality. The other part of it is, when we have less mental chatter and emotional triggering of fears and anxiety, we are more able to take the actions necessary and be more consistent in the habits that will cultivate our desires into reality.

How is meditation done--or how do I perform Meditation?
- I simply sit down in a place, and after years of practice, doesn't even need to be a quiet place or a safe place. I can also meditate with my eyes open or while doing activities that don't require too much movement. Beginners will want a quiet place without much noise or distraction.

- I just focus on the present moment, the energy around me and then focus on my breathing .. After a certain point its like my focus lets go of the breathing and I'm just -being- present..the mind becomes completely still and its just a real unique feeling. However if my conscious begins to drift, I will fall asleep or begin to nod off-- which is why I like to do this in the daytime and outside on my balcony /with sunlight out. Mornings are especially blissful.
Cheers mate. Any resources you recommend to flesh things out?

I recall reading about it years ago and did establish a routine, but drifted away from it.

Recall reading that the sort of people who think they're too busy for it, get bored of it (think too busy with other more 'productive' things) are exactly thr sort of people that should be prioritising it, for numerous reasons.

Also heard on a podcast recently about clarity, focus, energy, benefits that ice baths/submerging can also provide. Maybe one for another thread.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I recall reading about it years ago and did establish a routine, but drifted away from it.

Recall reading that the sort of people who think they're too busy for it, get bored of it (think too busy with other more 'productive' things) are exactly thr sort of people that should be prioritising it, for numerous reasons.

Also heard on a podcast recently about clarity, focus, energy, benefits that ice baths/submerging can also provide. Maybe one for another thread.
It's isn't people who are too busy who need it the most necessarily, your mind will trick you into not needing it regardless of what you are doing or not doing.

A great place to start/restart is group mediation, they will give you tips and if the group and teacher are good, it will enhance your meditative experience. It is a good benchmark/proof of functionality if nothing else.

Other tips are meditating in the same place, meditating in the same physical direction, doing quick 30-second "quiet" breaks during the day in between longer, more intense meditation sessions.

If you're struggling quieting your mind, good indica strain of weed can help if you're not intolerant to the substance. Sativa is no bueno. Ultimately you want to be able to do it sober though.

Reactions: B80

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's isn't people who are too busy who need it the most necessarily, your mind will trick you into not needing it regardless of what you are doing or not doing.

A great place to start/restart is group mediation, they will give you tips and if the group and teacher are good, it will enhance your meditative experience. It is a good benchmark/proof of functionality if nothing else.

Other tips are meditating in the same place, meditating in the same physical direction, doing quick 30-second "quiet" breaks during the day in between longer, more intense meditation sessions.

If you're struggling quieting your mind, good indica strain of weed can help if you're not intolerant to the substance. Sativa is no bueno. Ultimately you want to be able to do it sober though.
Cheers. Yes I didn't articulate it well in terms of not necessarily busy in things to do, but we're bombarded by quick extreme dopamine release stimulus in the modern world and certain part of your brain may be telling you 'this is boring, look at your phone, play video games,' or whatever instead. Or not always planning thinking ahead, but being in the moment (as pretentious as that sounds) and learning to enjoy that without artificial external stimuli.

Recognising that, smiling inward and sticking religiously to regime particularly at beginning is part of the process.

Bit like weights/fitness you won't see rewards right away but over time you'll no doubt look back and notice a change in your mindset, outlook etc as you've outlined above.

It's not about forcing things out of your mind/head but recognising, acknowledging them smiling and carrying on or just happy 'being' there in the moment. Which becomes easier over time

Last edited:

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yes meditation and ice bath is a very good combination.

Starting with meditation is I think the most important one because it creats the space to do other stuff.

It is important to notice the bad side effects of meditation. For example if I do it to much I come in a special state. You can describe it with different names like 'non dual state', 'not give a ****k state'. It feels good not to have anxiety but running around without motivation does not work either.

Like with most habits it is crucial to start small. I start always with 1 minute. Then go to 2 minutes and then make a pause and do the process again. If one has anxiety in the morning it is good to make it in the morning. If one is on a higher level one can do it a bit later. I feel like in total 30 minutes is a must till the habit sticks.

I created the most easy way of meditation. You just count to to 10 again and again. You can also write the numbers in your imagination. That way it does not become to boring.

With ice bath I am still not where I want to be. Like with many things it takes time to get the habit going on autopilot. I think it is important to start the habit in summer so one can have an easy start. I am doing ice water showers as I do not have a bath but it works amazing. I feel like this time the habit will stick.

Ice bath is amazing against depression and being a pusssy.

Reactions: B80

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get on my tractor and mow my pastures. Stare off into the great rolling plains of Texas, watch the clouds come and go, and usually a sunset. Watch the horses and cattle pick at grass. Something about the vast views, and hum of a diesel that makes nothing else matter. Always a clearer head afterwards.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
I get on my tractor and mow my pastures. Stare off into the great rolling plains of Texas, watch the clouds come and go, and usually a sunset. Watch the horses and cattle pick at grass. Something about the vast views, and hum of a diesel that makes nothing else matter. Always a clearer head afterwards.
This is the best type of meditation.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
Except this is not meditation
It is. Meditation is anything that really allows you to be present and calm. You can be doing things while being in a meditative state.. meditation isnt an action. Its more of a brainwave state.. which you can tap in through meditative actions like relaxing the body and mind and focusing on breath. Hope this helps you understand it better.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After jerking off I am calm and present but it is still not meditation.

Because meditation is too hard for most people these are used:

6 Ways to Calm Your Mind Without Meditation

21 Easy Ways to Create a Calm Mind (Without Meditating)

Edit:
What is not Meditation

Edit 2
What is Meditation

Self – Soul of meditation

Knowing the Knower

Last edited:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As someone who used to be really into meditation, and learned a lot about it (from sages like Joseph Goldstein, Eckhart Tolle, and Mingyur Rinpoche) I think meditation and mindfulness in general is an overhyped fad. The main benefit of meditation (especially vipasanna) is actually to see the various illusions of the mind, such as the fact that a) the self doesn't exist and b) you are not generating your own thoughts, rather they arise spontaneously. Seeing this illusions can "red pill you" in a sense, but I don't think they're meant to provide lasting happiness, enlightenment etc unless you work extremely hard at it.

That said, there are neurological studies that describe real benefits, including increased activity in the prefrontal cortex and a quieter default mode network, the area of your brain that is active when you're idle and it's usually associated with ruminiation, worry, etc. But from what I know this requires an extremely dedicated effort and probably a few week long meditation retreats to get rolling (which I'm curious of anyone has done).

Anyway, check this video out for a hot take on meditation/mindfulness:

Last edited:

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As someone who used to be really into meditation, and learned a lot about it (from sages like Joseph Goldstein, Eckhart Tolle, and Mingyur Rinpoche) I think meditation and mindfulness in general is an overhyped fad. The main benefit of meditation (especially vipasanna) is actually to see the various illusions of the mind, such as the fact that a) the self doesn't exist and b) you are not generating your own thoughts, rather they arise spontaneously. Seeing this illusions can "red pill you" in a sense, but I don't think they're meant to provide lasting happiness, enlightenment etc unless you work extremely hard at it.

That said, there are neurological studies that describe real benefits, including increased activity in the prefrontal cortex and a quieter default mode network, the area of your brain that is active when you're idle and it's usually associated with ruminiation, worry, etc. But from what I know this requires an extremely dedicated effort and probably a few week long meditation retreats to get rolling (which I'm curious of anyone has done).

Anyway, check this video out for a hot take on meditation/mindfulness:

I estimate that I did 1500 hours of meditation in total. I do an easy form of meditation that makes it sustainable. There were times I questioned the benefits but everytime I stopped I felt like crap so I got back at it. I don't know what I would do without it.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
After jerking off I am calm and present but it is still not meditation.

Because meditation is too hard for most people these are used:

6 Ways to Calm Your Mind Without Meditation

21 Easy Ways to Create a Calm Mind (Without Meditating)

Edit:
What is not Meditation

Edit 2
What is Meditation

Self – Soul of meditation

Knowing the Knower

You are out of touch to say his experience is not meditation.. fulfilling your ego validation wont serve you here. If ive heard it from gurus and monks you think I care what you have to say? Meditation isnt one thing bud. You have a lot to learn.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are out of touch to say his experience is not meditation.. fulfilling your ego validation wont serve you here. If ive heard it from gurus and monks you think I care what you have to say? Meditation isnt one thing bud. You have a lot to learn.
The point is apparently you do not have experience with meditation. So you talk out of your ass here and then talk about ego validation. Right I wish I had your humility.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
The point is apparently you do not have experience with meditation. So you talk out of your ass here and then talk about ego validation. Right I wish I had your humility.
You came out of nowhere to this thread just to stroke your ego and tell someone "THIS IS NOT MEDITATION". when many books, gurus, monks and speakers on the subject remind people that meditation is more of a state of mind and we can be meditating while doing a variety of different things.

If you haven't felt yourself achieving the same mental and brainwave states that you were in during deep meditation in other forms of daily activity or life, you simply don't know what meditation is.. and It's clear.

Someone who is doing a repetitive task such as twisting dough to make bagels enters a meditative state, knitting can be a meditative practice.. to just be sitting on your porch watching tings pass by and reflecting but not judging anything or making any judgement can be meditative.

Humble yourself old man.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You came out of nowhere to this thread just to stroke your ego and tell someone "THIS IS NOT MEDITATION". when many books, gurus, monks and speakers on the subject remind people that meditation is more of a state of mind and we can be meditating while doing a variety of different things.

If you haven't felt yourself achieving the same mental and brainwave states that you were in during deep meditation in other forms of daily activity or life, you simply don't know what meditation is.. and It's clear.
Dude you convinced me. My 1500 hours of meditation does not mean shiit. You read some stuff and talked to gurus obviously you have to be right and I have to be wrong. I did not care for the truth but just wanted to look big on the forum as the King of Meditation for pure ego validation.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the best type of meditation.
Except this is not meditation
What Duke describes is meditative, but not actual meditation. If Duke were to focus on the visual image & sensations of being on his tractor when he's sitting on his ass at home, then *that* would be meditation. There's more of an element of deliberate mind control involved. If Duke were to focus on emptying his mind while on this tractor, that would also be meditation. If he we to merely focus on the sensations of being out on the plains and on his tractor while actually being on his tractor, that would be mindfulness.

@FlexpertHamilton's video is a little long, but the title (practice mindlessness not mindfulness) has the basic idea. You want to focus more on reducing your thoughts, not just detaching from them. Although I disagree that you can't control your own thoughts. (You can, but you don't want to overdo it because then you are cutting off your subconscious. It's better to eliminate your thoughts than to "populate" them).

Last edited:

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
What Duke describes is meditative, but not actual meditation. If Duke were to focus on the visual image & sensations of being on his tractor when he's sitting on his ass at home, then *that* would be meditation. There's more of an element of deliberate mind control involved. If Duke were to focus on emptying his mind while on this tractor, that would also be meditation. If he we to merely focus on the sensations of being out on the plains and on his tractor while actually being on his tractor, that would be mindfulness.

@FlexpertHamilton's video is a little long, but the title (practice mindlessness not mindfulness) has the basic idea. You want to focus more on reducing your thoughts, not just detaching from them. Although I disagree that you can't control your own thoughts. (You can, but you don't want to overdo it because then you are cutting off your subconscious. It's better to eliminate your thoughts than to "populate" them).
Meditation is a conscious act for beginners but the idea is to remove the consciousness from it and just be. Reflecting things as they are like a mirror. Mndfulness is a form of meditation. Dont back up that weirdo. Dudes come back after not posting a while jus to try to stroke their ego. Meditation happens all the time. We enter states of meditation unconciously all the time.

When you realize its more of a brainwave state than a concious willful thing, youll understand meditation comes in so many forms.

Im no master or guru but i been doing it long enough to know when i step into the same states i conciously used to work on achieving through meditative practices. If you guys havent experienced that or are not aware thay you have..then we have nothing to talk about here...

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meditation is a conscious act for beginners but the idea is to remove the consciousness from it and just be. Reflecting things as they are like a mirror. Mndfulness is a form of meditation. Dont back up that weirdo. Dudes come back after not posting a while jus to try to stroke their ego. Meditation happens all the time. We enter states of meditation unconciously all the time.

When you realize its more of a brainwave state than a concious willful thing, youll understand meditation comes in so many forms.

Im no master or guru but i been doing it long enough to know when i step into the same states i conciously used to work on achieving through meditative practices. If you guys havent experienced that or are not aware thay you have..then we have nothing to talk about here...
There are definitely degrees of intensity. I've had occasional meditations where it very much feels like a form of astral projection. Other ones where it's a rush sensation like in Star Trek when they go into warp drive. Others where I'm projecting energy in a discrete direction. The more different methods you can utilize, the better off you are. The main idea imo is stopping your brain from working against you. And if nothing else, it can act like a form of rest just like when you rest between reps at the gym.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
There are definitely degrees of intensity. I've had occasional meditations where it very much feels like a form of astral projection. Other ones where it's a rush sensation like in Star Trek when they go into warp drive. Others where I'm projecting energy in a discrete direction. The more different methods you can utilize, the better off you are. The main idea imo is stopping your brain from working against you. And if nothing else, it can act like a form of rest just like when you rest between reps at the gym.
Yeah that's pretty neat. and i've definitely experienced similar sensations and have even found myself astral projecting before. . I think one of the most unique phenomenon I've had that I'm willing to share openly (some other ones might sound kinda off kilter to some), is a phenomenon where the space around me is spinning, not the entire room or anything, but almost as if you're sitting in the middle of two pyramids connected at the base with the apex's pointing in polar opposites and that energy or that form around you is spinning. It's a surreal feeling and common for me to enter this place during meditation where I'm deeply focused.. When I say deeply focused I mean like super deeply focused. On what? Nothing sometimes. Sometimes i'm already in a real deep void like place in the mind and im thinking about something specific. Regardless, when Ir each the state, That's when I start spinning.

Speaking to some more advanced PR actioners /lifelong practitioners of meditation, specific in the Hindu tradition.. They told me that I have reached a Samadhi state when in those moments.

I've had stuff in waking life, similar states, where your body just starts rocking back and forth. It's a very calming rhythmic motion but the state of the mind is in is so acute, almost like you can cut through time and space. Both these phenomenon happen when my mind is still but im very focused.

I've also had similar states where I'm neither rocking back and forth nor is any energy or space around me spinning. I also want to emphasize that when I say "spinning" its not the kind that will any way or shape make you feel dizzy.. Its not a physical spinning. Almost like the energy around you.. Hard to explain.

Many of the meditative states i've been in while meditating, I can find myself in those same states in waking life, while doing other things as well. I think it requires alot of subtle self awareness perhaps to notice. I think what helped me is learning about brainwave states such as beta alpha theta gamma delta.

Besides all this I mentioned, I think that meditation is not as special as people make it out to be in the sense that, we all have the ability to enter these states and its the willful ability to do so that makes it powerful.