How many of you read Cosmo?

Fluffy

Don Juan
Reaction score
My sister gets it. I read it both for fun and research.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow, what bullsh1t. Several of those "techniques" are a good way to lose my interest permanently.

Reaction score
More appropriately referred to as "Cos-HO-politan" - part of the propagation of the Hor Matrix!!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex-wife had a subscription for years.

It is a great opener to start busting on a chick at a news stand or checkout line for reading Cosmo. "You're reading the sex articles, aren't you?"

MooseGod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Paradise City where the grass is green and the
My ex-gf used to read it almost religiously... I read a little when they had something like sex tips for guys, but it was all pretty much common knowledge anyway. You guys should be reading Hot Rod or Maxim though, quit looking for new makeup tips. :D

Playboy's a good one, not just for the pics of nekked chicks, it's got some good articles. Also check out GQ.

Pimp101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Summary of the article:

- Don't return his calls/emails the same day.
- Keep him guessing.
- Be just as busy as he is.
- Chat up another guy in his presence.
- Delay doing the deed.

Replace his with her and guy with girl. Sound familiar? How is this ANY different to the recommendations on this site? The only (half) exception is the last one where the article recommends waiting a MONTH :eek: Although DJ principals state that we shouldn't care if we have to wait a few dates, you know, don't be TOO attached to sex.

Honestly, if a girl is doing those things then she's exactly the same as we are. A female DJ if you will. Stop b!tching you hypocrites.

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What gets me about Cosmo is how there are all these articles about sex --- how to drive him wild in bed --- 10 sex secrets he wishes you knew --- how to spice it up.

Yet, a lot of women are cold fish in bed. Do they even READ the "TIPS"? I'll bet about HALF don't ever apply them. Even when I rip them up, and make them do things they've never done (which is SO common that it AMAZES me -- how could they have never DONE x, y, or z before?) many are bereft of initiative. Too many just lie there. I like the ones who are enthusiastic.

This one chick recently (who's old enough to have already learned a thing or two) who was reasonably enthusiastic in bed, said, "Wow, I just realized that before, I'd been having BORING sex all my life." So, even though I was sorta flattered, I'm thinking: "B*itch, why don't YOU get crazy? Why is it all those other guys' fault? I'm not THAT much different than them. You oughta bring something to the table." But I didn't say it.

This post is pretty tangential, but the Cosmo question just got me thinking about this. The "fun" f*cks are just SO much better. I like those women a lot more.

Heman6

Don Juan
Reaction score
From what I have seen, Cosmo only encourages women to do that pointless bull**** that pisses men off

Westwind

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read some Cosmo, some of the stuff is like right on. But there's alot that your like wtf:confused: who'd like that.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any good alpha male would probably either see through these "games" or ignore them.

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MushroomGod said:
Not surprised a women's magazine would encourage **** tests
Yup. Have you, mushroom, or anyone else for that matter had a conversation with a girl who reads cosmo alot?

It's startling that sometimes the magazine thinks for them.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aliasguy said:
What gets me about Cosmo is how there are all these articles about sex --- how to drive him wild in bed --- 10 sex secrets he wishes you knew --- how to spice it up.

Yet, a lot of women are cold fish in bed. Do they even READ the "TIPS"? I'll bet about HALF don't ever apply them. Even when I rip them up, and make them do things they've never done (which is SO common that it AMAZES me -- how could they have never DONE x, y, or z before?) many are bereft of initiative. Too many just lie there. I like the ones who are enthusiastic.

This one chick recently (who's old enough to have already learned a thing or two) who was reasonably enthusiastic in bed, said, "Wow, I just realized that before, I'd been having BORING sex all my life." So, even though I was sorta flattered, I'm thinking: "B*itch, why don't YOU get crazy? Why is it all those other guys' fault? I'm not THAT much different than them. You oughta bring something to the table." But I didn't say it.

This post is pretty tangential, but the Cosmo question just got me thinking about this. The "fun" f*cks are just SO much better. I like those women a lot more.
so very true

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basic Rules of Attraction 101

1. Keep them guessing/ keep them on their toes
- hot/cold
- actively disinterested
-c+f

2. Don't be clingy
- spin plates/ date multiple people
- don't call too much/ wait to call
- give them a chance to miss you

3. Don't be afraid to approach
- eye contact
- kino
- rapport
- say hi

ect ect., it goes both ways, boys!!! Long before there was EVER sosuave, there was the Rules, and Cosmo, and Grandma!

It CRACKS ME UP that you all think Game is for boys. Girls have had it mastered for decades!!!

Game is just another word for common sense and ability to attract/maintain interest in romance.

We really ARE a lot more like you guys than NOT!!!

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
iqqi said:
Basic Rules of Attraction 101

1. Keep them guessing/ keep them on their toes
- hot/cold
- actively disinterested
-c+f

2. Don't be clingy
- spin plates/ date multiple people
- don't call too much/ wait to call
- give them a chance to miss you

3. Don't be afraid to approach
- eye contact
- kino
- rapport
- say hi

ect ect., it goes both ways, boys!!! Long before there was EVER sosuave, there was the Rules, and Cosmo, and Grandma!

It CRACKS ME UP that you all think Game is for boys. Girls have had it mastered for decades!!!

Game is just another word for common sense and ability to attract/maintain interest in romance.

We really ARE a lot more like you guys than NOT!!!
Yeah and that's why your female friend who doesn't do any of that gets the guys right out from under your nose. You're just not getting it iqqi, women are already too indirect naturally and men tend to be too direct (because they're erroneously told by society to do all the pursuing). The last thing most females need is to use more indirect games and especially game that's for guys.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
Yeah and that's why your female friend who doesn't do any of that gets the guys right out from under your nose. You're just not getting it iqqi, women are already too indirect naturally and men tend to be too direct (because they're erroneously told by society to do all the pursuing). The last thing most females need is to use more indirect games and especially game that's for guys.
Believe what you want.

And an easy woman will always pull more men than a woman who is more of a challenge. Just not in the way she wants. You dig?

Easy women get the men who get the pvssy which is all the easy woman had to offer so he hits and runs and the easy woman feels more empty than she did before so she goes and finds another man who gets the pvssy which is all the easy woman had to offer.... its a cycle.

Poor easy girl.

I'll be Waiting To Exhale while them other h0's be Dumb and DUMBER. ;)