Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How many of you DJs use emoticons and smiley faces in texts?

Knight of Roses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just curious.

What's your thoughts on the following:

Smiley faces
Winks
Devil emoji
Smiley face / winking emoticons
Using terms like "Haha, and LoL".

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tend to use the sunglasses emoticon. I used to use the tongue sticking out emoticon too, not so much now.

Less is definitely more.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I use them somewhat. Especially when you say anything that could be intepreted in a bad way to let them know it is meant as teasing.

Texting can be a little dangerous if you don't know how to do it properly because if someone inteprets something the wrong way via text it is a far bigger issue than it would normally be over the phone or in person and will be a lot harder to overcome. It is a very unforgiving form of communication.

Serenity

Reaction score
I usually just use one at the end if appropriate as a brief way of expressing the "tone" of my message or what facial expression I would make.

This :p one I limit mostly to irony, it's commonly overused by insecure people. Used sparingly it can can clarify that a message isn't intended to be negative, when it could very easily be interpreted like that without the emoji.

Using just a ton of emojis can be appropriate if you have developed that type of rapport or it's a sort of inside joke or something. Don't do it by default though.

I use "haha" a lot more than I use "lol". The length of the "hahahaha" says something about just how funny I found it to be. "Lol" is outdated and people who say it typically don't laugh in reality, it feels like the laziest way to express something to be slightly amusing, not really funny.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use the Pointing Finger emoji followed by the "OK" hand sign emoji

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use them however much the girl I'm texting uses them. If she never uses one I won't be the first one to use an emoji but if she's including them in every message I will use them much more freely. I don't use them at all in most non dating communication but that's not particularly relevant when you're trying to get a date or whatever.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rarely and no more than using an exclamation point.
The only time I used some sort of emoticon is when I'm not sure if my humor properly received (I can be sardonic and dry at times).

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I sometimes use the cool or just a smiley face. I try to keep it at a min. though. The problem with text is that one cannot get emotion through on a text, so sometimes one needs to add an emoji to lighten the text so it's not taken out of context.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only with my daughters. We have this thing were we send emoji strings back and forth with no words to see if we can figure out what what the other is saying. It's sort of fun. But I've never done anything like this with women I date. I'm not a big texter... I sort of hate it. Other than my daughters, I don't think I've ever sent a text to anyone longer than a sentence. Anything more than that I just call.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use them however much the girl I'm texting uses them. If she never uses one I won't be the first one to use an emoji but if she's including them in every message I will use them much more freely. I don't use them at all in most non dating communication but that's not particularly relevant when you're trying to get a date or whatever.
This.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't use them with women. I've used the poop emoji with male friends.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do, even though it goes against the grain. I don't over do it though.

However I have mastered the art of gif as message. Mostly to entertain myself.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Generally I find emoji's more used and accepted from young gals. The older gals that aren't very career oriented or have good jobs will also be accepting and generally use them a lot. The older career minded women though may be turned off by them or by the over usage of them.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are very useful, but only in moderation and only in the absolute right context. A properly timed winky face is quite potent ;)

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mostly use it to flex after I get a throater or beat it rotten