Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How has dating changed in the past 10 years?

biggoal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Can you elaborate more?

You're saying that you see a higher percentage of attractive woman IRL rather than OLD?
Yes.

LARaiders85

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some specifics I've seen:

1. Women are less ambitious in dating and more insecure. They are more likely to date down in the relationship context. This is annoying it narrows your options as a guy to a limited range of women that are often too attractive for stability.
2. Hypergamy is more alpha/beta style or outright polyandry than it is chasing the bigger better deal/greener grass that it was in the past. Being well rounded does not seem to be as desirable being such a market, so I think man that are above average but not very attractive are going to see the biggest decline in overall success.
3. The sex is just wild today. Women will do almost anything in bed.
4. Women's standards are obviously much higher and they are more likely to dump boyfriends for natural aging like balding. Unrealistic expectations in general.
5. Basically everyone I dated 10 years ago wanted to lock me down but now is mostly casual. I can tell that my overall value has dropped in relation to women's expectations although you wouldn't know it based on the quality of what I've dated. Just the numbers/volume. Quality has gone up in many ways.
6. Even though my value has dropped the women have gotten even better looking than what I was dating back then. This is that range I was referring to. I would prefer to have many more options bc I am not looks obsessed, but I seem priced out.
7. Social circles and social scenes are no longer meat markets because the women have too much anxiety to date in the group. They're addicted to the freedom of online dating.
8. Explosion of anxiety disorders generally.

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been in a relationship for almost 7 years so I'm pretty out of touch.

Just curious how dating has changed in the past 10 years?

What's your experience from dating women 10 years ago to dating women in this day and age?
It went from OLD popularity to an approachers market. Favors the brave who flirt and go for what they want. Being in an LTR or Married means alot less. Everyone is fair game

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Women are less ambitious in dating and more insecure. They are more likely to date down in the relationship context. This is annoying it narrows your options as a guy to a limited range of women that are often too attractive for stability.

4. Women's standards are obviously much higher and they are more likely to dump boyfriends for natural aging like balding. Unrealistic expectations in general.
These two statement conflict. Why date down when you have hundreds of more options than your age equivalent did in 1990? How is it possible to date down when standards are unrealistic.

2. Hypergamy is more alpha/beta style or outright polyandry than it is chasing the bigger better deal/greener grass that it was in the past. Being well rounded does not seem to be as desirable being such a market, so I think man that are above average but not very attractive are going to see the biggest decline in overall success.
Are you talking about the 5.5-7 in looks only? I've been occupying that space in looks. It's been a beast to date throughout the whole 20+ years.

7. Social circles and social scenes are no longer meat markets because the women have too much anxiety to date in the group. They're addicted to the freedom of online dating.
Your conclusion on social circles is supported by data points. Yes, I think part of why social circle formations have declined is that women have been addicted to the freedom of online dating. Online dating and getting approached by strangers are often frictionless environments for women. A woman can behave as badly as she wants to with swipe app and cold approach guys and face no consequence for it. A woman's social circle is not informed every time that she ghosts, flakes, acts rude, etc. with men where she's not socially tied to them (swipe app and strange approaches). In social circles, she'd never be able to get away with such bad behavior because she'd have to hear about it from the social circle.

I also think social circle formations are also declining because more people have weaker social ties. Social media and the internet has made us more reclusive, a trend that started with the growth of high speed internet access in the 2000s. Every relocation weakens your social circle. I've never had a good social circle due to my earlier life relocations. The guys with the best social circles are the guys who had the fortune of staying the same area from birth - high school graduation and live in that same area as adults.

How Heterosexual Couples Meet.jpg

Roosh reported that in 2018.

biggoal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some specifics I've seen:

5. Basically everyone I dated 10 years ago wanted to lock me down but now is mostly casual. I can tell that my overall value has dropped in relation to women's expectations although you wouldn't know it based on the quality of what I've dated. Just the numbers/volume. Quality has gone up in many ways.
6. Even though my value has dropped the women have gotten even better looking than what I was dating back then. This is that range I was referring to. I would prefer to have many more options bc I am not looks obsessed, but I seem priced out.
8. Explosion of anxiety disorders generally.
Then why on old are so many of the women fat?

"If you love women, you must read the SoSuave Guide to Women. It's fantastic!"

LARaiders85

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These two statement conflict. Why date down when you have hundreds of more options than your age equivalent did in 1990? How is it possible to date down when standards are unrealistic.
Read in conjunction with #2. Why *date* a risky partner when you have already slept with such a guy hundreds of times? No need to risk it.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Read in conjunction with #2. Why *date* a risky partner when you have already slept with such a guy hundreds of times? No need to risk it.
I'm on the right track in understanding. That alpha fuccks/beta bucks or outright polyandry thing seems more like a San Francisco, Portland, Seattle thing where there are too many betas/simps. Lots of Aspie tech guys will take a polyandry beta position rather than go full incel. Ratios in all 3 of those cities stink. Lots of SJW/feminist women. Other markets might still look more for the one guy that is an upgrade over having a rotation.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obviously, dating is going to be different for a man in his 20's than in his 30s and 40s.

In my experience, girls in their 20s were much much easier to sleep with than girls in their early or late 30s. I've been with divorced women in the later 30's who won't do anything and act worse than virgins. I've been out single mothers who won't do anything. When I was younger the girl's tongue would be down my throat pretty fast after one dinner. Now, I've had women say "Yes we can go out for dinner but you can't touch me." I had another girl say "Don't touch me." I touched another girl on the arm *a little* too long and she said "hey, hey, what are you doing?"

If a lot of girls are doing it maybe it's my problem. A lot of issues I run into are with girls are in the West, when I talk to girls in the East, it's much much different; almost shockingly different.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been in a relationship for almost 7 years so I'm pretty out of touch.

What's your experience from dating women 10 years ago to dating women in this day and age?
Women are skiing down cawk mountain. Out getting ran through. Lining up a cuck on for when the milk goes bad.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm on the right track in understanding. That alpha fuccks/beta bucks or outright polyandry thing seems more like a San Francisco, Portland, Seattle thing where there are too many betas/simps. Lots of Aspie tech guys will take a polyandry beta position rather than go full incel. Ratios in all 3 of those cities stink. Lots of SJW/feminist women. Other markets might still look more for the one guy that is an upgrade over having a rotation.
Lulz I remember jlaix going off on portly Seattle women.