How do you all manage your money?

RickTheToad

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6 months' salary in liquid cash checking account. One year is even better but I'm happy with 6 months.

I realize that 401(k) is a dogshiat idea designed by politicians and the superrich to protect and empower the wealthy few. Very few know what a pension is, and very fewer have a pension. So I choose minimal contributions to my 401(k). Nothing high risk (though ALL of it involves risk). I like middle-of-the-road returns. Slow and steady wins the race...until the greedy Wallstreeters are again allowed to go unchecked and destroy the financial system like they did in 2008.
Not sure about that. Depends on who's the custodian and what funds you have access to. If it's loaded funds, then yea, it sucks. However, it's it's no load funds, then you'd do well over time. All you need is the broad index, S & P 500 and a US bond fund. If you want to go a little crazy, go for some international exposure. The SE Asia countries have a lot of upside over the long term. It's like China 30 years ago. But hey, I'm a toad, so take it with a grain of salt.

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever since 2008, and the debacle of Greenspan, people can not afford to allow central banks to do their macro-economics for them. Once we didn't have to worry about the validity of the money, what it meant, whether it could store value, what its worth was against other currencies etc. Not so today. Don't be lazy people, and start thinking for yourself.... if so, I predict you'll not being looking at wealth as just denominated in US dollar terms.

Pathological

Don Juan
Reaction score
Julian is what we call a "sommer child". Just ignore is my advice. Though there are some points said he would never present them in anh credible way due to bein actualltly an agitator with the sole task to discredit.

OT: I am living check to check off a part time job. The worst payments are unexpected travel costs and gas...

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I manage a lot of my money via retirement plans - 401ks. Currently, those are invested in long-duration US bonds. Much of my money is cash well over a year's worth. Lastly, I have invested money that I trade. Will be accumulating gold and silver in coming months and years as I see a secular bull market in those due to aggressive central banking intervention in their respective economies.

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!