"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

How do I learn to dance? I don’t get it

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
4,088
Reaction score
1,726
Age
29
If there’s one thing that’s made me lose out on girls and wrecked my confidence, it’s the fact that I can’t dance. Like to rap music. And the fact that I just look very stiff trying to do it.

But how the heck am I supposed to learn? YouTube tutorials aren’t really special. My friends do it naturally. Maybe I just watch rap music videos and copy the people dancing in it?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,150
Reaction score
5,056
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
Maybe it's best if you don't? I don't know how to dance, so mostly I don't or I just own the fact that I look ridiculous. Don't feel like I've lost out on much.

The fact that this non-issue is wrecking your confidence is more likely the reason you're losing out than the fact that you can't dance. Also if you want to look less stiff, give less of a fvck about looking good on the dancefloor and just flail around mindlessly like literally everyone else. It's not about dancing correctly, it's about doing it confidently particularly if you actually suck.

Maybe I'm a clown for thinking this way, but I'll never lose my confidence, lol.
 

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2018
Messages
900
Reaction score
1,030
LOL!

Nobody knows how to dance these days. Trust me on this!
I grew up with breakdancing culture and was competitive against other b-boys/dancers in NYC when I lived there. That culture died and has been practically forgotten a decade ago.

So I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you.
Nobody is watching you because nobody cares. There is no competition!
Just find a girl and dance with her like you normally would at your high school homecoming dance.
 
Last edited:

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
801
Reaction score
890
Age
48
Do different types of exercises bro that increase agility. Running, tennis, any sport that loosens you up. Try taking some Latin classes.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
4,088
Reaction score
1,726
Age
29
Do different types of exercises bro that increase agility. Running, tennis, any sport that loosens you up. Try taking some Latin classes.
Yeah I'm not in the greatest shape and that is part of it. I've really thought about doing all of these tbh
 

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 11, 2015
Messages
1,637
Reaction score
1,462
You just need to learn some basic steps and throw in some funny **** like the robot.

Nobody in the club is Michael flatley
 

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
Dude, knowing how to dance or not knowing how to dance is not anything that should cause you to lose women. It might help you GAIN women but there are plenty of other ways to attract women other than dancing. It surely shouldn't wreck your confidence.

This just says you had no confidence to begin with and it was fake. Confidence is your internal belief in yourself and is not influenced by external factors. That's what is causing you to lose women. They see through that sh!t like a window.
 

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
8,395
Reaction score
5,141
Location
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I literally can't not turn my brain off unfortunately
It can be done. Nobody is in their head more than me lol, but even I learned to dance pretty well.

1. Do you enjoy the type of music played at these bars and clubs (or whatever venue) you want to dance at? This is critical. Dancing sucks if you don’t like the music. It’s a joy if you like the music.

2. You absolutely need to practice alone where nobody can see or judge you. Stand in front of a mirror and play your favorite EDM, hip hop, pop or whatever you like. Turn off the filter in your head and let yourself move naturally. Have a few drinks or close your eyes if what you see is too initially cringe worthy lol. Even if it is, DON’T be discouraged. That’s normal to start out. Don’t listen to friends who claim they or somebody else “has rhythm” and you don’t.

3. Eventually it will smooth out, look more natural and become autopilot.

4. Generally use smaller movements. Don’t overdo things.

5. Don’t be flat footed. A lot of dancing is done more on the balls of your feet.
 
Last edited:

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
4,088
Reaction score
1,726
Age
29
Dude, knowing how to dance or not knowing how to dance is not anything that should cause you to lose women. It might help you GAIN women but there are plenty of other ways to attract women other than dancing. It surely shouldn't wreck your confidence.

This just says you had no confidence to begin with and it was fake. Confidence is your internal belief in yourself and is not influenced by external factors. That's what is causing you to lose women. They see through that sh!t like a window.
You don’t believe in confidence comes from competence? I guess I wouldn’t say it wrecks my confidence, it’s just kind of discouraging
 

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
4,088
Reaction score
1,726
Age
29
It can be done. Nobody is in their head more than me lol, but even I learned to dance pretty well.

1. Do you enjoy the type of music played at these bars and clubs (or whatever venue) you want to dance at? This is critical. Dancing sucks if you don’t like the music. It’s a joy if you like the music.

2. You absolutely need to practice alone where nobody can see or judge you. Stand in front of a mirror and play your favorite EDM, hip hop, pop or whatever you like. Turn off the filter in your head and let yourself move naturally. Have a few drinks or close your eyes if what you see is too initially cringe worthy lol. Even if it is, DON’T be discouraged. That’s normal to start out. Don’t listen to friends who claim they or somebody else “has rhythm” and you don’t.

3. Eventually it will smooth out, look more natural and become autopilot.

4. Generally use smaller movements. Don’t overdo things.

5. Don’t be flat footed. A lot of dancing is done more on the balls of your feet.
Yeah, dancing is most definitely a skill. It’s just like how people say you’re either good with women or you’re not, which is bullshyt. As for club rap? It’s alright, just not something I’d really listen to in my spare time. It’s absolutely huge in college though, so it’s something that you just gotta get used to
 

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
8,395
Reaction score
5,141
Location
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Yeah, dancing is most definitely a skill. It’s just like how people say you’re either good with women or you’re not, which is bullshyt.

Precisely.

As for club rap? It’s alright, just not something I’d really listen to in my spare time. It’s absolutely huge in college though, so it’s something that you just gotta get used to
If there is even one or two songs of the genre that you can tolerate, practice to those. Keep making tweaks to modify or eliminate moves that don’t look good. Before long, you will start to like what moves you see in the mirror.
 

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 16, 2015
Messages
5,415
Reaction score
7,940
Age
57
I really would encourage you to do as @Mike32ct suggests. Get in front of a mirror. For two reasons: to watch your body move while you feel your body move...and to get over feeling silly or self conscious. Feeling silly is what's really holding you back here.

Years ago I wanted to become a really good dancer. There was this group at a club I went to that were bad ass at 90s break beat EDM and early hip hop and house. It was mesmerizing the way these people could move. They were COOL.

I used to watch them very closely and study what they did. And then I'd dance by myself in front of a mirror until I had mimicked those moves & put it with rhythm. Very simple basic things in some cases...other moves were more complex. I would dance until the movement felt natural within my own body...and then I knew what it felt like without having to see my reflection.

After I felt like I had some moves I started hanging out in the "cool kids" area & would dance nearby. Pretty soon I was accepted as one of the cool kids too. It didn't really take that long. A few weeks, maybe a month.

We used to mimic each other's moves sometimes to poke fun at each other. Good times.
 

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
I had this same issue when I was 13/14 and started going to bday parties where people were dancing.

I mirror’d up and practiced, danced with my mother, she showed me to keep rhythm and time. If you are on beat/time even a simple two step can look good. If you can’t manage a two step you have no hope. Slowly add bits abd pieces and express yourself. Dancing is just expression.

Know when I’m out I do get complimented on my dancing and it has made club game easier. Mirror up with socks on some smooth flooring and go for it.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
4,521
Reaction score
2,229
Location
NYC
You don't have to dance well unless you're being watched and nobody is watching you unless you challenge someone or stand in a circle

You just need to not be terrible, don't trip over anyone, bump into people, swing your arms and hit someone, etc. Aside from that you just need to be on the same page and doing the same dance as everyone else, for anything else you need you can just google it.

Most of the time you can copy what everyone else is doing because modern pop/rap dances aren't supposed to be complicated
 

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 6, 2015
Messages
5,145
Reaction score
3,302
Age
52
Location
Hoe County, California
Dancing is about having fun. If you're stickler stick in the mud, it's futility.
 
Top