How do I know if I should quit my job?

domzky

I have been thinking about it for weeks. I even wake up sometimes earlier than my alarm clock just to ponder on that. I know that there is no perfect job. Currently, it’s neither making me physically sick nor giving me hard times. It’s just that, I don’t feel like staying in that job anymore. A foreign friend once told me that if I feel like I am no longer challenged professionally, then I should quit. Is that somehow a basis or am I just exhausted to think this way?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Never quit something without having a backup plan in place. Kind of how women never break up with their boyfriend without already having another guy in place.

Espi

Master Don Juan
I see no problem with quitting/changing jobs. The longer I stay at one company, the more apt I am to be enslaved.

Changing jobs always feels liberating to me.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
its because they have no feelings
No, its because they are smart and play the game at a much higher level than most guys do naturally.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Is that somehow a basis or am I just exhausted to think this way?
It would be beneficial as to give a better idea as to what field/industry you are in. Its furthermore of great use to know what you studied? What are your interests? Hobbies?

The following advice at age fifty isn't the same thing as at eighteen. Ideally, look to find a productive shift in current field or alternatively, seek a lateral shift. If there's no going forward, if a career change is what you seek, its going to be tough. You're likely going to lose in the short-term. Again, if there's no chance for progression, if the workplace is tyrannical, and gynocentric, make a move.

IMHO, true freedom is entrepreneurial. If you are able to do so, don't look back.

Are you in the USA? Look up your relevant unemployment laws and know beforehand that if you quit your job, you can't collect unemployment in some states.