Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do I (33M) tell my girlfriend (32F) I don't want to be a "Disney couple"

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
disneycouple.jpg

This one got alot of attention on reddit and twitter with heated arguments from both sides.

TL;DR Don't be the "Disney guy"

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It took him 7 years to figure out his girlfriend is emotionally immature? Grown women that are Disney fanatics are always always always emotionally immature. Always. Any grown woman that has “princess fantasies” or views herself as a princess is off her rocker.

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My GF wanted to go to Disney and since I'd never been I said OK. She paid for most of it and planned everything. We went a couple months ago and it wasn't terrible but not really my thing. I was, however, a good sport as she really enjoyed it and was shouldering the not inconsiderable expense. When we got back she asked me how I liked it, in what I interpreted to be a hopeful tone. Sensing the need to nip wherever this may be heading in the bud, I told her it was fun (which it was at times) but if I never went back again I would be OK with only having gone once. She got what I was saying and pivoted into where we could go on future vacations that didn't involve Orlando, Florida. That's how you do it, not after seven fvcking visits. Nothing wrong with being a man and doing something your girl wants to do, but this guy has long since turned in his man card. There's got to be a balance to these kind of things, which means standing up for yourself and having a damn opinion.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder what he loves his Disney Princess hates?

Relationships are about give and take. And respect for what makes the other person happy. If you can't do that then don't be in a relationship.

Disappointments are inevitable, misery is optional.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This guy has no balls.
She's obviously leading the relationship because he doesn't have the guts to stand up to her.
Even though he complains a lot without doing anything about it (which is a highly feminine trait), he's pu$$y whipped.

There's a huge power imbalance in that relationship.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disney is lame.

Where's the 420 foot strata?

Where's the 0-112 MPH in-under-2-seconds launch?

Where's the negative 2Gs of airtime?

Disney is lame.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Back when I was single, I went to different Disney/Universal Parks at least once a year. Met my current LTR who had never been before.

She joined me on a trip in 2018 (She paid her way) and now she´s as hooked as me. Our record is 3 vacations to Disney in a year (2019).

We also went to Cancun once and to Las Vegas, but Disney is still our favorite. We actually made an spontaneous New Years Eve trip just because I wanted to experience the new Star Wars ride.

However, I don´t recommend going if you are not a big fan. Too expensive and too crowded.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh Man... I thought the magic kingdom in orlando was lame when I was 12. I thought it was for 5 year olds even back then.

I agree that any woman who is that into kids stuff as an adult is a big problem.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've spent a significant amount of time socializing with Disney employees.

They're often from out of state/country and have absolutely WILD parties and adventures when there isn't anyone around from their old life to judge them.

Imagine those kinds of adventurous women being egged on by the gay dudes that they often socialize with; the gay dudes will basically order them to f*ck you if they like you.

God bless Disney.

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Taking any kind of relationship or dating advice from most subreddits is a recipe for disaster. It’s like a blue pill echo chamber. And then when someone comes in with the truth, it just gets downvoted or deleted.
I feel bad for this guy because there is an inner Alpha trying to escape him. His life is already miserable and he knows it will only get worse if he marries this girl. But he’s even more scared of being alone.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude is funny, but that's a sad situation.

This is one of those examples of a guy not leading, and the woman not taking the form of the bowl or whatever the metaphor is.

That is, if the guy led, and let's say he was into Renaissance fairs, she'd probably go along with him and dress up because she loves that about him.

Instead, he's doing the following, and it's clearly sapped his energy.

Option one would be to dump her but without being mean about her Disney interest. Just say it's not working out and end it.

Option two is to tell her you don't like it much but will continue, and that once a year they're now going to go to a new MLB park or whatever he likes.

Option three, if she's otherwise nice and hot, is to make the most of it. Tell her you want her to buy a new Disney nymph/princess outfit every year and fukk her brains out at the hotel. Little Mermaid, Tinkerbell, Snow White, whatever. Maybe even get a threesome with one of those co-ed employees and an extra costume. What, I'm the weird one?

****EDIT**** upon further consideration, I'd lay dollars to donuts Option 3 is what she wants.