"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

How do I (33M) tell my girlfriend (32F) I don't want to be a "Disney couple"

bcude

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2019
Messages
762
Reaction score
1,219
Age
44
disneycouple.jpg

This one got alot of attention on reddit and twitter with heated arguments from both sides.

TL;DR Don't be the "Disney guy"
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
It took him 7 years to figure out his girlfriend is emotionally immature? Grown women that are Disney fanatics are always always always emotionally immature. Always. Any grown woman that has “princess fantasies” or views herself as a princess is off her rocker.
 

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2019
Messages
876
Reaction score
1,275
My GF wanted to go to Disney and since I'd never been I said OK. She paid for most of it and planned everything. We went a couple months ago and it wasn't terrible but not really my thing. I was, however, a good sport as she really enjoyed it and was shouldering the not inconsiderable expense. When we got back she asked me how I liked it, in what I interpreted to be a hopeful tone. Sensing the need to nip wherever this may be heading in the bud, I told her it was fun (which it was at times) but if I never went back again I would be OK with only having gone once. She got what I was saying and pivoted into where we could go on future vacations that didn't involve Orlando, Florida. That's how you do it, not after seven fvcking visits. Nothing wrong with being a man and doing something your girl wants to do, but this guy has long since turned in his man card. There's got to be a balance to these kind of things, which means standing up for yourself and having a damn opinion.
 

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
2,444
Reaction score
2,738
Age
52
I wonder what he loves his Disney Princess hates?

Relationships are about give and take. And respect for what makes the other person happy. If you can't do that then don't be in a relationship.

Disappointments are inevitable, misery is optional.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2018
Messages
898
Reaction score
1,029
This guy has no balls.
She's obviously leading the relationship because he doesn't have the guts to stand up to her.
Even though he complains a lot without doing anything about it (which is a highly feminine trait), he's pu$$y whipped.

There's a huge power imbalance in that relationship.
 

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
876
Age
38
Disney is lame.

Where's the 420 foot strata?

Where's the 0-112 MPH in-under-2-seconds launch?

Where's the negative 2Gs of airtime?

Disney is lame.
 

Doctor Europeo

Moderator
Joined
Mar 6, 2017
Messages
4,410
Reaction score
4,791
Location
Mexico
Back when I was single, I went to different Disney/Universal Parks at least once a year. Met my current LTR who had never been before.

She joined me on a trip in 2018 (She paid her way) and now she´s as hooked as me. Our record is 3 vacations to Disney in a year (2019).

We also went to Cancun once and to Las Vegas, but Disney is still our favorite. We actually made an spontaneous New Years Eve trip just because I wanted to experience the new Star Wars ride.

However, I don´t recommend going if you are not a big fan. Too expensive and too crowded.
 

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2019
Messages
2,236
Reaction score
2,822
Age
48
Oh Man... I thought the magic kingdom in orlando was lame when I was 12. I thought it was for 5 year olds even back then.

I agree that any woman who is that into kids stuff as an adult is a big problem.
 

Vice

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
2,004
Reaction score
186
I've spent a significant amount of time socializing with Disney employees.

They're often from out of state/country and have absolutely WILD parties and adventures when there isn't anyone around from their old life to judge them.

Imagine those kinds of adventurous women being egged on by the gay dudes that they often socialize with; the gay dudes will basically order them to f*ck you if they like you.

God bless Disney.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2020
Messages
213
Reaction score
448
Age
45
Taking any kind of relationship or dating advice from most subreddits is a recipe for disaster. It’s like a blue pill echo chamber. And then when someone comes in with the truth, it just gets downvoted or deleted.
I feel bad for this guy because there is an inner Alpha trying to escape him. His life is already miserable and he knows it will only get worse if he marries this girl. But he’s even more scared of being alone.
 
Top