How about a Karma based system

Fragem

Don Juan
Reaction score
This has been done on other UBB forums. Where a user can modify eachothers karma.

Example User Troll:

FVck all you losers

{Applaud}

{Smite}

You would pick smite here.

Example 2 CoolDJ:

Confidence matters.

{Applaud}
{Smite}

You would pick applaud here.

There could be penalties for having low karma, like limiting the number of post per day.

And benefits to the people with High Karma.

Anson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why limit people's freedom of speech? Okay, not all of the posts we get here are quality posts - but then again, they wouldn't have been written if someone didn't want to talk about it. And if that someone wants to, then I think let him. Even if he talked alone.

Otherweise, I don't think it's a bad idea. But the penaulty system sucks if you ask me.

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Anson
Why limit people's freedom of speech? Okay, not all of the posts we get here are quality posts - but then again, they wouldn't have been written if someone didn't want to talk about it. And if that someone wants to, then I think let him. Even if he talked alone.

Otherweise, I don't think it's a bad idea. But the penaulty system sucks if you ask me.
The quota system (i.e. slashdot )does not limit free speech. Anyone can see all of the posts, or you can decide you only want to see posts with +1 or +2 or whatever. Registered users randomly get moderator points and can vote a post up or down. This is a bit similar to the "rate the tips" thing but people are more motivated to vote when they are a "moderator" because they get only X amount of time to use it and X amount of moderations.