Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."
You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.
She's been waiting forty minutes.
Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.
She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.
You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.
She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.
The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
Bah.. You know them these days. Inspired by the bible and just spit it back out. You won't get what you're looking for I'm afraid.Originally posted by tactic
Ok Lik, I believe you're accusing me of hating AFC. I was, afriad to 'fess up, a horrible AFC myself. I'm not hating, I just wanted to see what their answers were going to be. And with the answers, we help. Get it?
indeed, because nobody wants to admit that they are AFCOriginally posted by LikRetsam
Bah.. You know them these days. Inspired by the bible and just spit it back out. You won't get what you're looking for I'm afraid.
You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.
Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.
Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.
Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.
Indeed it does. But can you figure out the 5 other meanings?Originally posted by CaptainMorgan
hey Lik, i dont know if this is on purpose or not but ur name spelled backwards is masterkil (you probably new that).....this brings me back to the days when i use to go by the name etabretsam on another website.
She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.
You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.
She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.
The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.
The first step to self improvement is acknowledging our problems.Originally posted by Smooth as Anything
Average Frustrated Chump... no one will ever label themselves that, except in retrospect.
LOL these days, you talk as if been registered here since the depression, dang I have only been here short of a year, you you shorter than that. Sorry but that phrase reminded me of one of the old dudes that sits in front of the barber shop.Originally posted by LikRetsam
Bah.. You know them these days. Inspired by the bible and just spit it back out. You won't get what you're looking for I'm afraid.