"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Hey AFCs, I need help!

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Hey AFCs! I need help! I want to ask a girl out, what should i do? I'm too *****! But I look big and tough and good-looking!

I only want AFCs to answer this! Please??
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
Why... do you want help from AFC's? Isn't the reason you're hear is because you want to be a DJ? Is this a joke or something?

AFC Answer: Buy tons of flowers, give her loads of presents, decorate her table at school, write a poem asking her out and put it on her desk.

DJ Answer: Take her out on a date, have a good time. Give her a kiss. She'll handle the rest.
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
Yeah no ****. Way to catch the tone NRM.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
He's just going through that phase. It will pass. I ask of you to respect the AFCs here because for being here, they show us that they want to improve. So stop hating on them, you're not so great.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Ok Lik, I believe you're accusing me of hating AFC. I was, afriad to 'fess up, a horrible AFC myself. I'm not hating, I just wanted to see what their answers were going to be. And with the answers, we help. Get it?
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by tactic
Ok Lik, I believe you're accusing me of hating AFC. I was, afriad to 'fess up, a horrible AFC myself. I'm not hating, I just wanted to see what their answers were going to be. And with the answers, we help. Get it?
Bah.. You know them these days. Inspired by the bible and just spit it back out. You won't get what you're looking for I'm afraid.
 

CaptainMorgan

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Florida
Originally posted by LikRetsam
Bah.. You know them these days. Inspired by the bible and just spit it back out. You won't get what you're looking for I'm afraid.
indeed, because nobody wants to admit that they are AFC
 

CaptainMorgan

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Florida
hey Lik, i dont know if this is on purpose or not but ur name spelled backwards is masterkil (you probably new that).....this brings me back to the days when i use to go by the name etabretsam on another website.
 

DJ Alejandro

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
494
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Southern Philippines
i agree. i think he's making a point. go one tho.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by CaptainMorgan
hey Lik, i dont know if this is on purpose or not but ur name spelled backwards is masterkil (you probably new that).....this brings me back to the days when i use to go by the name etabretsam on another website.
Indeed it does. But can you figure out the 5 other meanings?
 

CaptainMorgan

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Florida
no and i dont want to try, unless its like a word puzzle were the letters are in just a mixed up order.... but then again i wouldnt want to waist my time doing that either
 

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2002
Messages
1,230
Reaction score
0
Average Frustrated Chump... no one will ever label themselves that, except in retrospect.
 

Bombshell

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Indiana
No one here not even a newcomer will be able to help you prove your point. You should try a site like menshealth.com or something then post back here.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by Smooth as Anything
Average Frustrated Chump... no one will ever label themselves that, except in retrospect.
The first step to self improvement is acknowledging our problems.
 

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2003
Messages
396
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by LikRetsam
Bah.. You know them these days. Inspired by the bible and just spit it back out. You won't get what you're looking for I'm afraid.
LOL these days, you talk as if been registered here since the depression, dang I have only been here short of a year, you you shorter than that. Sorry but that phrase reminded me of one of the old dudes that sits in front of the barber shop.:D
 
Top