"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

her birthday surprise

OnFire

New Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Question...

It's my girlfriends brithday in a few months, and here's a gift idea:
send out letters to her 10 favorite celeberties (girls & guys), and get them to autograph pictures,wishing her a happy birthday. Out of the 10, the absolute must have would be Justin Timberlake.

Now, from my original standpoint, I know my girl would like this. I mean I'm not really into idalizing celebrities but some people like that stuff. And since I could care less about if she had Timberlake's picture and other celeb guys on her wall or not, i was kinda leaning towards this gift.

But, right before i was about to get going on this, a thought accured to me: Is this kinda gay? I mean is this the things that a DJ would do? I'm thinking this gift might be more suitable for a friend to do, rather then me "her boyfriend".

What do you guys think?
What would you do?
Yay or Nay?
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

OnFire

New Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
We've been dating like 8 months man. Things are fantastic, she's so cool. She's not expecting this gift or anything. I would still spend the day with her and get her a gift. This would just be something extra.

I'm just wondering, (since i've never dated a girl this long before) if maybe I'm getting a little soft, compared how I used to be.
 

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Dayton, Ohio
well, i would spend the day, (not the evening) or vise versa. i think it's fun to tease her, tell her she has a surprise bday gift, and then wait till the evening to give it to her.

also, dont get her something else, that gift is more than enough. her face will light up so much.

so i'd say do that, and spend the evening (or day) with her. make it romantic tho. u might want to take her out to dinner at a nice restaurant, or go somewher that is special to u guys.

8 months- u kinda wanna make her bday special like that, but not go overboard
 
Top