Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help me get rid of my pencil thin wrists

imnexthere

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a tall and skinny guy about 5'10'' 130lbs and I have these really thin wrists and lower arms. Any advice on how I could bulk these up?

Thanks.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually my wrists are still fairly thin too, even though my arms are bulked up. There isn't too much you can do for bone density other than lifting, which loads the bone and increases bone density.

Bone is an interesting material. It has the ability to adapt to the stresses applied to it. Even so, I only get secondary loading to the bone when I do curls, so don't expect miracle gains!

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would worry about building up your entire body first. 130lbs is pretty light for your height. Follow Sergent Diesel's guide to bulking. Agree with Ricky, it's hard to thicken the wrist.

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, bulking up should be the first of your worries. Then, when you want to bulk up your forearms and (try to bulk your) wrists, you should try this two things:

Hammer Curls:
Either with a specialized barbell or dumbells, curl your arms like you would with a normal curl, except keep your palms facing each other throughout the movement.

Wrist Curls:
Sit down, and rest your forearms on your legs. Your hands and wrists should be hanging down just in front of your knees. Now, with weight in hand, curl your wrists towards the ceiling. Try this with both your palm facing upward and with your palm facing downward.

The wrist, though there are many muscles there, doesn't bulk up easily (or at all in most cases). So don't stress if you can't make them bigger.

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you want to bulk up your wrists?

Sorry, but you'll have to change your bone structure to get bigger wrists!

The Great Juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to hate my tiny wrists too, but now i realise that they will actually work in my favour, and so will you if you put on some muscle (which i recomend at 130 lbs btw). You see, the smaller your bones and joints, the bigger your muslces look.

I hadn't seen one of my friends for the better part of a year when he was in his final year of uni (super busy). After he graduated we got together to hang out (in the mean time i'd gone from 120 to 150 lbs), one of the main things he noticed was different was the size of my forearms (from those delightful deadlifts) compared to my (still tiny) wrists.

So start eating and start lifting and you will stop worrying about them i assure you.

NiceGuysFinishLast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if you want bigger FOREARMS try:

rock/wall climbing
squeezing tennis balls till your hands are blue (just kidding)