"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Have any of you seen guys get in great shape in their 30s?

Joined
Apr 13, 2020
Messages
146
Reaction score
89
Age
35
Like someone who was chubby and out of shape in their adolescence and 20s make life changes that gave them great bodies in their 30s.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 15, 2013
Messages
1,038
Reaction score
337
Yeah sure. I've done it now 3x. Although I was never really a fatty. 5'8"- 180lbs tops.
I should have been as a kid since my dad worked for Frito Lay. I'd raid his truck pretty much everyday but I also played sports so I burned that shït off.

I'm 41 now, skinny with six pack. I burn through 3500-4500 calories a day with my job. Trying to gain some weight/muscle. It's hard hard work. You need complete motivation & it's completely life changing.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Yeah sure. I've done it now 3x. Although I was never really a fatty. 5'8"- 180lbs tops.
I should have been as a kid since my dad worked for Frito Lay. I'd raid his truck pretty much everyday but I also played sports so I burned that shït off.

I'm 41 now, skinny with six pack. I burn through 3500-4500 calories a day with my job. Trying to gain some weight/muscle. It's hard hard work. You need complete motivation & it's completely life changing.
We have a user "GeeMale" in another threadwhose blown out to 250 at 5'7", before this he was 220 at 5'7" with a heavy waist. I told him he's FAT, which is true.

I explained on 5'7" a solid muscle 185lbs is a good weight to strive for. Your 5'8" at 180 noting testifies to this.
 

Lumix

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 25, 2015
Messages
40
Reaction score
53
Like someone who was chubby and out of shape in their adolescence and 20s make life changes that gave them great bodies in their 30s.
Yes, sure. The 30s are no problem, wait for the 50s or 60s and you'll see the real problems coming.

I've a friend, 36, who started crossfit and diet, he lost about 35lbs in 6 months, but he was doing about 1-2h of crossfit a day, 4-5 days a week and he was eating healthy but a lot. After 1 year he had completely changed his look and started receiving compliments every time we were hanging out.

It's 80% about what you eat. If you consistently (1) cut the junk food (soda, sugar, alcohol, ice cream, fried food, etc...), (2) eat a little bit less, and (3) exercise a little bit more, you're going to see the difference already, even if you exercise only 20 or 30 minutes a day.

No need for crazy regimen that no one can sustain on the long run. It's about changing your habits, especially in term of food intake.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Yes, sure. The 30s are no problem, wait for the 50s or 60s and you'll see the real problems coming.

I've a friend, 36, who started crossfit and diet, he lost about 35lbs in 6 months, but he was doing about 1-2h of crossfit a day, 4-5 days a week and he was eating healthy but a lot. After 1 year he had completely changed his look and started receiving compliments every time we were hanging out.

It's 80% about what you eat. If you consistently (1) cut the junk food (soda, sugar, alcohol, ice cream, fried food, etc...), (2) eat a little bit less, and (3) exercise a little bit more, you're going to see the difference already, even if you exercise only 20 or 30 minutes a day.

No need for crazy regimen that no one can sustain on the long run. It's about changing your habits, especially in term of food intake.
1hrs a day workout is sustainable for life. Keeping carbs down under 150g is sustainable for life. Thus being said, you can stay very fit for life. Their are 80 and 90 years olds doing powerlifting, able to do pullups with low body fat levels. We have one body and must maintain it.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,749
Reaction score
9,949
I watched a recent Nova on fat. It talked about how the body is designed to hold on to excess energy (in the form of fat), and set points, and the like. They followed people who lost weight on The Biggest Loser and such, and how they had all regained at least a fair portion of their weight. The guy who had lost the most weight on the show found that his resting metabolism had not changed since he was on the show - he was still only burning at a rate of 800 calories per day, which was a response from dieting.

Long story short, the best way to stay trim is to not let yourself get fat in the first place. Because once you get fat, it creates this chain reaction of events. The only person on the show who was keeping weight off was a girl who had bariatric surgery, and she was still very young, I'm not even sure if she was into her 20s yet.
 

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
6,068
Reaction score
4,848
Age
36
Like someone who was chubby and out of shape in their adolescence and 20s make life changes that gave them great bodies in their 30s.
Its not impossible but the answer is subjective. Its relative to the past. If fat as **** slob, probably not. Its same with game.

Decades of phaggotry to pimp at thirty? Not impossible but unlikely.

Put work in. Get on fasting.
 

GT40

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 29, 2016
Messages
348
Reaction score
219
Age
54
Location
Canada
I’m 48 and doing well
Best shape since HS. Sucks the gym is closed. Ramped up the cardio tho.
Just make it happen
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
It’s rare but it does happen. But make no mistake someone who starts at age 12 will always be superior. Guys like to make excuses and say “anything is possible!” No. You ****ed up your first two decades. Admit it and improve
Even if they never fully built it out young they still can as an older person. It takes years to fully build it out and get close to your limits.
 

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
1,847
Reaction score
3,696
Location
Mile High City, USA
I'm 45+. I bang tail half my age and less all the time.

It's all about getting off your ass and dedicating yourself.

No tricks, no magic pills or potions, no shortcuts.

Do the f*ucking work if you want results.

#SweatEquity

Paddle boarding pic is July 2019. Baseball hat pic is May of 2019

Good luck.

~Dash~
 

Attachments

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top