Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Guitar - An extra weapon

divega

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea seriously now. And how many can play as good as I can. Hardly any. Oh yea... I rock.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gangster Of Love
With that out of the way; yes, a lot of guys play guitar, but how many can play and sing good at the same time; now that's value. And if you can play good classical, man, that will get the chicks wet. That's what I'm talking about.
It's fukkin hard. I can only sing moderately hard songs. Your music should be totally automatic, only then you can sing well.

If you're thinking of where to place the finger, you get off key really fast.

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Classical representing

Originally posted by Ice Cold

But the thing is, that women are infinitely more emotional than men are. So when you start singing a slow, romantic song about love and feelings the chicks go into trance and get wet, basically. :p
Totally. Not to sound pretintious or anything. But after a solo recital (classical) I've had a stranger girl lookup my email, and email saying that she went to my recitla and asking if I could fvck her. Another girl, a friend, told me that after hearing me play she actually went home and masturbated. It's really powerful guys, but more than the exotic element or whatever, I think is the detachment that turns them on. I mean, The image of a guy playing a fast passage and missing a note and not giving a fvck and just playing is great, says that he doesn't give a **** and that he has passions. This doesn't need to happen only with a musical instrument, but also with whatever you're good at.

UltimateScoundrel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm taking some classical guitar lessons, i'm not too bad. Next time they have band and choir solo contests i'm gonna do some guitar.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have played guitar for 15 years. I have won many competitions, but I have to say, the guitar gets you attention once you are on stage, the girls definitely look...

BUT, if you are still an AFC in your mind, you will fail to capitalize on it. Even now when my girlfriend hears me play, she loves it but she loses interest quick. She is a musician too.

So what I recommend is, if you are only learning guitar to pick up chicks, not only will you fail to become a good guitar player, but you will also realize it is not the best method to pick up girls.

How many times did I make eye contact with the hottest girls in clubs, only to have some guy out in the crowd go home with them?

Why? Because I had to stay up there and play all night. I didn't have the free time to DJ the girls. The girls I got were the ones who stayed around for me. I have to admit alot of those girls were aggressive and it turned me off, especially being an AFC at the time.

Now I'm not in a band, so I can't say it helps much. But I play guitar because I love it. If I had started for girls, I would have quit by now!

K Street

Don Juan
Reaction score
I play guitar because I love music. Anyone who does otherwise is a tool. I look at my skills as a gift. I haven't played specifically for a girl in almost a year, and it certainly wasn't the first time I met her. A girl has to earn it.

Life

Reaction score
Ricky is right on. I perform in a band in front of hundreds of people on a regular basis and don't really get anywhere with the ladies. I know they're looking but it doesn't mean jack**** unless you do something about it.

Slangin guitar onstage is the biggest rush ever. Try it.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back in high school and college when I played in a band, musicians were known to be mysterious and recluse. That helped stoke the IL of women. I admit that music alone won't make you a hit with women, it's how and what you communicate when you play and afterwards that matter.

NINJA PIMP

Banned
Reaction score
this thread reeks of AFC nonsense

the only redeeming factor was Crotch Sniffer's heartfelt ballad, LMAO!

As for learning guitar to pickup chicks,

I will quote the immortal Pook here...

"Focus on YOURSELF"

The Dominated1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have played guitar for many years.

When I meet a girl, they usually find out that I can play. But I don't play for them.

It makes them insecure because they expect me to play some AFC rubbish and declare my love for them in song.

I use it as leverage i.e "Maybe you should come over, wear that hot mini skirt and if you are good I MIGHT play you something"

The Dominated1

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Irony of my post is, I dont play for them because I play for my own enjoyment.

This is how "focus on yourself" actually works in my favour.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NINJA PIMP

"Focus on YOURSELF"
IMHO you don't get the bible yet.

fm2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Somebody mentioned that even if you play, you still can't be an AFC and think it's gonna work magic for you. I've played gtr since highschool (15 yrs or so), and have been playing keys as well for 4 or 5 yrs. I'm in a band, and we played our one and only show, so far, way before I started reading here. Between sets and after the show I was still pretty much ignored by the chicks, so there you go..... You still have to work your game. It'll be easier, though, with the huge social proof.

Also, count me in as one of the Rush fans!!!!!:D They've been my fave for about 20 yrs now. Who went to their show on the Vapour Trails tour? Seen the DVD yet? It's excellent!!

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

"Focus on YOURSELF"
Nothing reeks more AFC than guys here constantly quoting Pook. Guys, go work on yourselves not on learning guitar to pick up or on cutting and pasting Pook's quotes from the bible.

NINJA PIMP

Banned
Reaction score
I personally couldnt care less about what you guys think of me.

Just stating the facts.

There is encouragement on this thread to play songs you dont even like..one guy said to just "bite the bullet" and play some Eric Clapton for her or something like that.

Very AFC behavior

You should be playing songs you love to play for your own enjoyment. Chicks should be a by product of your craft, not the reason for it.

As for reading the Bible, IMO that thing is a waste of time. Pook and Fingers are the oly worthwhile posts on this site, at least they worked for me.

But to each his own aight?

DiamondMind

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by fm2
Also, count me in as one of the Rush fans!!!!!:D They've been my fave for about 20 yrs now. Who went to their show on the Vapour Trails tour? Seen the DVD yet? It's excellent!!
YES! RUSH rules!

And yea, the new DVD is really, really good...very inspirational indeed.

We jammed a buncha Rush last night; YYZ, Red Barchetta, Spirit Of The Radio, etc. cuz my friends are all stoked over the DVD! I'm lucky in that I have a drummer and bass player who can pull that stuff off to a 'T' and not trainwreck lol!

DiamondMind

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Life
Ricky is right on. I perform in a band in front of hundreds of people on a regular basis and don't really get anywhere with the ladies. I know they're looking but it doesn't mean jack**** unless you do something about it.

Slangin guitar onstage is the biggest rush ever. Try it.
Yea, nothing beats looking down on a dance floor filled with hotties twisting and gyrating to your band. Even better is when you get the 'look' from one (or a few) who is strutting her stuff directly in front of you ..shooting fish in a barrel at that point :D

DiamondMind

Don Juan
Reaction score

You should be playing songs you love to play for your own enjoyment. Chicks should be a by product of your craft, not the reason for it.

I got into playing cuz I just really loved it a lot. The fact that chicks love musicians was just a side benefit. Playing in bands has definately gotten me places where I wouldn't have gotten by not playing, but 'getting the women' was never my reason for taking the guitar up.

This carries over to the DJ mindset; focus on your craft/life, etc., and the women will just 'fall into place'.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DiamondMind
Yea, nothing beats looking down on a dance floor filled with hotties twisting and gyrating to your band. Even better is when you get the 'look' from one (or a few) who is strutting her stuff directly in front of you ..shooting fish in a barrel at that point :D
Yeah, but what has happened with me playing in a band, is the girls that are staring at me are also there with their boyfriends. Yeah I got the sex stare from these chicks but nothing more cuz they were there with their dudes.

But you know what I would love to be in a band again, if I could find the right crew and time for it. If I was only just working full time, instead of doing both full time work and full time grad school, I could probably pull it off. But right now I wouldn't have enough time to practice with a band without something else suffering.

then again who needs to sleep anyways?