Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Guide To Eating

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bumping this up since it's good and useful for newbies. Also goes great with DIESEL's guides.

ThePeterman

Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of those meals seem to be geared for bulking.

Now if you wnat to be cutting, and still have the 5-6 meals a day to keep your metabolism going. Do you eat smaller caloried meals?

Like having a decent breakfast and then a light lunch and throughout the day eating a cucumber, or just a wholemeal sandwich for dinner enough to get your calories down whilst also doing cardio at the same time good enough to get you into cutting for a few weeks?

Apologies if this doesn't make much sense but I am confused on this aspect of things.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With cutting even more than bulking, you wanna make sure you get those 5-6 small meals in a day, and yes, you do eat less calories for each. If you're tryin to hit 1600-1800 calories, you should be ~300 cals per meal and then you'll be set.

~|[DJ Neubie]|~

Reaction score
Metabolism

Originally posted by Shiftkey:

heteropedro, eat breakfast before you run or you'll just burn up muscle instead of fat.
Does that go for all sorts of cardio exercises before eating breakfast? I thought your metabolisms burn the food up quicker if you eat after doing exercise, so won't doing a little bit of cardio in the morning get the metabolisms going and burn up what you eat for breakfast quicker? :confused:

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all I'm going to start with a, yes you guessed it, BUMP! someone sticky this please, theres some golden points here.

Secondly, I used to excersize on an empty stomach, then I read it doesnt do you that much good. My take on it? Have a banana and a sandwhich about 30 mins before you go for your cardio. I dont know how much of a good idea that is, anyone got advice?

I'd say eat about a third of your breakfast, rest a bit, do cardio, then come back and have the other 2/3.

Thirdly:

With cutting even more than bulking, you wanna make sure you get those 5-6 small meals in a day, and yes, you do eat less calories for each. If you're tryin to hit 1600-1800 calories, you should be ~300 cals per meal and then you'll be set.
Bang on the mark. Well played.

Ben

2xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
:D good post

however i am against JoE BoXeR about his foods to avoid list :

- alcohol : wine, especially red wine is good for your health. a glass everyday is proven to be very healthy. that's why every french (especially int the south/mediterranean coast) takes a glass of wine during lunch or dinner. now, i don't know why it is good, maybe because it has a lot of anti-oxydants
- coffee : it is also proven that coffee, with normal intake (1 cup per day) is good for your overall health and concentration. it has a bad reputation because people are used to take lots of sugar with it and milk. plain old caffeine is good for you, it helps to burn the fat and accelerate the metabolism
- fried food : it depends on how you fry your thing. it depends if you can find an oil which does not decompose with high temperature. it depends how much time you leave your foods. it depends how you take away the oil afterawrds. (i agree boiling would be hassle-free)
- white bread : there is one recent french study that shows that white bread is better than whole bread, white bread provides slower glucides and is processed better by the body. ATTENTION ATTENTION : they compared old traditionnal white bread made by good bakeries (the french baguette with top-quality white flour and traditinal raising) to standard complete bread. this study also shows that standard white bread made by standard brands are not good for your health. i am talking about the standard white bread you would find normally in your local WalMart. traditional white bread is better than whole bread which is better than standard white bread.

i'd add also in the "foods to avoid" list :
- sugar, all kinds of it ( honey is one cool solution)
- every kind of heavy-processed food, thats means anything tasty and too sweet.

and in the foods to eat :
- nuts
- green tea

conclusion :
Avoid PROCESSED foods. at all costs. take natural ingredients. when going to your local foodstore, read the labels and the ingredients list, and DO NOT TAKE all foods which contains chemical preservatives, colorants or other chemicals.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJBen
First of all I'm going to start with a, yes you guessed it, BUMP! someone sticky this please, theres some golden points here.

Secondly, I used to excersize on an empty stomach, then I read it doesnt do you that much good. My take on it? Have a banana and a sandwhich about 30 mins before you go for your cardio. I dont know how much of a good idea that is, anyone got advice?

I'd say eat about a third of your breakfast, rest a bit, do cardio, then come back and have the other 2/3.
Ben
That sounds pretty well on the mark. If you excersize on an empty stomach, you burn muscle and can make yourself sick.

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
Good thread. I've been a bodybuilder for three years now, but I've never really paid attention to what I ate. I'm going to start doing that now.

One thing though: why shouldn't you drink homogenized milk? Is it even possible to buy non-homogonized milk?

-Dan

blabla

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 2xp
- alcohol : wine, especially red wine is good for your health. a glass everyday is proven to be very healthy. that's why every french (especially int the south/mediterranean coast) takes a glass of wine during lunch or dinner. now, i don't know why it is good, maybe because it has a lot of anti-oxydants
Alcohol is still **** for your body in many ways. For some heart conditions, you need it, but that is about it. If you want the benefits of red wine, just get dealcholized red wine or red grape juice! (Wine is grape juice w/ alchohol).

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alcohol is still **** for your body in many ways?

a small amount of alcohol per week is good for you. drinking a lot of alcohol on the other hand, is bad.

...*bump*... *coughstickypleasecough*

milkman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Industry
Here is a day in the life of eating for myself.

Meal 1
--------

2 Cups Oatmeal
.75 Cup Milk 2%
2 Eggs
2 tbs brown sugar
Multi Vitamin

Totals: 30.8g Protein, 87.4 Carbs, 18.2g fat, 633.6 Calories

Meall 2
----------
2 Bagels-Egg Sandiwches
6 oz Cottage Cheese - Lowfat 1%
2 Oanges
7.5 tsps cream cheese

Totals: 40.9g Protein, 112.8 carbs, 18.2g fat, 762.5 Calories

Meal 3
----------

2 Pieces Whole Wheat Bread
6 Grahm Crackers
1 Slice American Cheese
3 OZ Chicken Breast
1 Apple
1 Cup OJ
4 tsps Mayo - Lo Cal

Totals: 43g protein, 122.2 carbs, 22.9g fat, 833.6 Calories

Meal 4
----------

1 cup Milk 2%
2 tbs Peanut Butter - Natural
Multivitamin
Protein Shake

Totals: 35.8 g protein, 48.6 carbs, 22.6 fat, 528.2 Calories

Meal 5
---------

2 Cupe Rice- White
5 oz Fish - Salmon Baked
2 Cups Cantalope
1 tbs Butter
2.5 tsps Dressing - Ranch
2 cups Broccoli

Total: 57.2g protein, 132.9g Carbs, 30.6g fat, 1015.3 calories.

Whole day total: 207.7g protein, 503.9g carbs, 112.5g fat, 3773.2 Calories.

22% Protein, 53% Carbs, 27% Fat

This is pretty much right on the money with what you should be eating and your total calories. Use this as a guide for yourself. Eat, eat, eat. Take on the personality of a horse and just eat anything in sight.
... the ratio of 207.7g protein, 503.9g carbs, 112.5g fat is

25.2% Protein, 61.1% Carbs, 13.7% Fat ;)

unnamed04

Don Juan
Reaction score
No it's not.

Perhaps by raw mass, but he was measuring the percentage in terms of calories, not weight; The same way the rest of the world does.

;)

milkman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by unnamed04
No it's not.

Perhaps by raw mass, but he was measuring the percentage in terms of calories, not weight; The same way the rest of the world does.

;)
Ah okay, I was just wondering...;) thx for the reply.

milkman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have found the following values: Protein = 4 calories/g, Carb = 4 calories/g and Fat = 9 calories/g.

Does anybody know the exact values?

Eulogy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to clear things up, doing CARDIO in the morning on an empty stomach is the best thing you can do for fat loss. Wait an hour after the session, then eat. Weight training is a different story though, always at least an hour before.

milkman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by unnamed04
Those are the exact values :)
It seems like Diesel uses slightly differing values, because, for instance, in his calculation

207.7g protein + 503.9g carbs + 112.5g fat = 3773.2 Calories

instead of 207.7 x 4 + 503.9 x 4 + 112.5 x 9 = 3858.9 Calories

Not the world, only out of curiosity....:confused:

Eulogy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by milkman
It seems like Diesel uses slightly differing values, because, for instance, in his calculation

207.7g protein + 503.9g carbs + 112.5g fat = 3773.2 Calories

instead of 207.7 x 4 + 503.9 x 4 + 112.5 x 9 = 3858.9 Calories

Not the world, only out of curiosity....:confused:
The spec are exact gram for gram of PURE protein, fat or carb. Whole foods contain other elements, fiber and such that the numbers almost never add up to the sum of its macronutrient content. No one knows why this is. Just make sure you meet your needs in grams first, not calories.