"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Groups

BOSjuan

New Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2004
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Interesting thing I noticed about breaking the ice w/ groups of girls. Approaching groups takes a lot of balls. When they're in groups neghitting ONE is all you need to do, then the others will swarm to her defense, which actually is just creating more opportunities to keep the convo going, and suddenly you have a really good conversation. On top of that, each one of the group is most likely going to need to input her opinion. All it took were four words that landed me 8 phone numbers all at once, and they're all legit (already called). All I said was "seriously....what the hell." They had just came from some bar that dressed them up in these funny hats, and I had to laugh when I saw them. I pretty much said what anyone would have seeing those things. The beginning opened them up to a whole lot more neghitting which spiked the interest higher. I'm just starting to notice a lot of improvements since coming here, but I really noticed the usefulness of neghitting. Anyone else have any other group strategies?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
11,680
Reaction score
4,874
Are you sure you know what neg-hitting is? Being ****y and funny isn't neg-hitting.

Whenever I approached a group, I'd usually approach the ugliest one in the group and strike up a convo with her. I'd get invited to sit at their table and move my way up to the one that I wanted for myself. Slowly strike up conversations with the second ugliest, the sorta nice one, and then the one you want. This eliminates c0ck-blocking because you've made friends with all the uglies. Then you work your best game and get her number.
 
Top