"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Grad School and Relationship

Analysis

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2003
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
I've been dating my girl for 2 years. Everything has been beautiful. The only issue we have right now is she is very pessimistic about me going to law school as far as she feels my personality is going to change and I won't be the fun loving person I was before I went in..All the people who she knows who went to law school became *******s including her brother....When she tells me these things it has an affect on me to the point where I have doubts about going to law school...Law School has never been a passion for me...I just want to get an advanced degree so I figure why not law plus I'm at a job that I like right now but it doesn't seem like I'm going anywhere...Should I tell her to stop being so pessimistic or what? Give me some understanding on whats going on in her mind?
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
11,680
Reaction score
4,874
All she's doing is relating to experience. She's encountered more than one bad experience with people who have gone to law school.

Look at this way. If every religious chick you've dated was a nutcase, wouldn't you be a little worried if your current non-religious gf decides she's gonna start going to church?

It's the same thing. Situations like this don't just happen to women, it happens to everyone.
 

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
2
Location
Moscow
give her a paper signed by a notary that you're not gonna change :)
 

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
2
Location
Moscow
Seriously though... just tell her that you got to know her before law school, and you're not gonna change... even if your outlook at the world will probably change, you're still gonna be the same to her, because you knew her years before you got into it.

Congrats if you can read that. I don't feel like making complete sentences today.
 

belividere

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 6, 2005
Messages
956
Reaction score
5
Age
47
I started grad school with a girlfriend of just a few months at the time. We kept it up for a year and half. School did change me though I'm not in Law school so I cant speak for it. It was a huge challenge and I am extremely busy. What was worse was her trying to change me though. The changes from school were positive although stressful. She was just obnoxious, glad it's over and that her attempts failed.

I can tell you though if you aren't passionate it might not be the best choice. But I wouldn't pass up a chance if it is what you want to do and see a better future for yourself then if you hadn't. She might not be there in 10 yrs but a better career can be. Dont let her generalizations worry you either. As much as you guys are in a relationship it is still your life and future. She has no right to be pessimistic about that. Anyways just my two cents
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top