Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Good Side Side Hustles? DoorDash? Wearing Down My Car?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys! Quick financial question here.

I recently graduated college and got a job as a Full Stack Developer. In addition to that, I work on the side as a musician. (Which is the way you guys advised me to do it: so thanks a ton for that.) My developer job pays approximately $65K a year. I make around $20K a year with my music job. So that puts me at an estimated total of $80K-85K. Not bad for a dude straight out of college!

The unfortunate part is, I’ve unfortunately managed to put myself about $30K in student debt. I want this stuff GONE. I want that mistake undone. At the same time, I want to go on lots of trips so I can meet plenty of exotic women.

So, I almost want to get a third job. I’m wondering, what kind of job could I get when I work 7 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday, and I usually have shows on Friday and Saturday evenings? I just want to have more money, work myself damn near into the ground, and get really close to six figures.

I imagine that this job would need to be very flexible.

The only job I can think of that would do that is DoorDashing. But is that worth it? With these gas prices, and with the wear and tear on my car. I drive a 2009 Chevy Malibu, with 183K miles on it. Part of me is thinking, is it worth it to DoorDash if I end up breaking down my car? Would I be at risk of breaking down my car? I’m really not sure. I was hoping you guys could tell me that.

So, is the DoorDashing worth it to make more money? Is there any other side hustle that I can do to bring in the cash?

Last edited:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I recently graduated college and got a job as a Full Stack Developer. In addition to that, I work on the side as a musician. (Which is the way you guys advised me to do it: so thanks a ton for that.) My developer job pays approximately $65K a year. I make around $20K a year with my music job. So that puts me at an estimated total of $80K-85K. Not bad for a dude straight out of college!

The unfortunate part is, I’ve unfortunately managed to put myself about $30K in student debt. I want this stuff GONE. I want that mistake undone. At the same time, I want to go on lots of trips so I can meet plenty of exotic women.

So, I almost want to get a third job. I’m wondering, what kind of job could I get when I work 7 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday, and I usually have shows on Friday and Saturday evenings? I just want to have more money, work myself damn near into the ground, and get really close to six figures.

The only job I can think of that would do that is DoorDashing. But is that worth it? With these gas prices, and with the wear and tear on my car. I drive a 2009 Chevy Malibu, with 183K miles on it. Part of me is thinking, is it worth it to DoorDash if I end up breaking down my car? Would I be at risk of breaking down my car? I’m really not sure. I was hoping you guys could tell me that.

So, is the DoorDashing worth it to make more money? Is there any other side hustle that I can do to bring in the cash?
Just work 2-3 remote jobs at once (dev jobs are perfect for it) and do the bare minimum of work to get by. Set low expectations from the start. Even if you get fired, the amount of money you'll have made will be worth it. Just keep a rotation of 2-3. It's spinning plates but for work, not women.

Otherwise, I'd suggest affiliate marketing.

Don't do any job that requires you to use your own car.

Chuck Taylor

Banned
Reaction score

This won't be popular advice, but I recommend not doing any side hustles. You're making 85k already. If you're comfortable and enjoying life, then just - enjoy life.

I'm not with the Grant Cardones and Gary Vs of the world, who tell you to work 20 hours a day, because it's all that matters. "Grind now, so you don't have to later" robs people of their present happiness.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do not do Uber or door dash. Do not work yourself into an early grave.

You are doing well for a young man. I didn’t hit 6 figs until 32 y/o. Don’t worry about women or traveling for women- they aren’t worth it and they can wait. Focus on yourself and building a strong financial footing.

I would focus less on income now and more on your budget. What is your living situation? What household expenses can you cut? Do you have a 401k and emergency fund?

Payoff all your debt then you can start building investments- real estate, stocks, crypto, etc.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This won't be popular advice, but I recommend not doing any side hustles. You're making 85k already. If you're comfortable and enjoying life, then just - enjoy life.

I'm not with the Grant Cardones and Gary Vs of the world, who tell you to work 20 hours a day, because it's all that matters. "Grind now, so you don't have to later" robs people of their present happiness.
I absolutely agree with this, and I think the "work hard early so you can retire" (hustle mindset) is cancer. However, if you can make a lot of money in a short time, it's absolutely worth trying if you have the opportunity.

The goal of a side project should be to replace your regular job, where you then have the freedom to live how you want. If you're making $85k you can use a large portion of that income to rapidly expedite your side project, too, especially if you're willing to take some risks.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just work 2-3 remote jobs at once (dev jobs are perfect for it) and do the bare minimum of work to get by. Set low expectations from the start. Even if you get fired, the amount of money you'll have made will be worth it. Just keep a rotation of 2-3. It's spinning plates but for work, not women.

Otherwise, I'd suggest affiliate marketing.

Don't do any job that requires you to use your own car.
I’ve heard of people doing this a lot. But I’ve always wondered, how does one work multiple Dev jobs? What if you get into a last second meeting that conflicts with another one? And I am completely wiped after one dev job. I can’t even imagine two lol

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Well, as long as I’m comfortable right? 85K is definitely enough for me to live on very nicely at this point.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do not do Uber or door dash. Do not work yourself into an early grave.

You are doing well for a young man. I didn’t hit 6 figs until 32 y/o. Don’t worry about women or traveling for women- they aren’t worth it and they can wait. Focus on yourself and building a strong financial footing.

I would focus less on income now and more on your budget. What is your living situation? What household expenses can you cut? Do you have a 401k and emergency fund?

Payoff all your debt then you can start building investments- real estate, stocks, crypto, etc.
Thanks man, my aspiration is definitely to make it to six figures one day.

My rent is quite cheap. $700 a month. I do meal prep and buy a lot of frozen chicken breast. I’m learning how to be frugal. My biggest expense is the trips I take lol. Like I just went to Miami to meet some wings and game for a week. Great place, beautiful women, but absolutely burning a hole in my pocket lol.

I do not have either yet. My workplace offers retirement plans, which I applied for so I am eligible. I really should have an emergency fund though. I’ve heard that $500 is a good amount?

Crypto and investments are how you make real money. That’s even more motivation for me to kill these student loans so I can really start making some bank…

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're golden. As long as you don't get married, have 3 kids, get divorced, get forced into paying alimony and child support the rest of your life, you're on easy street.
Great to hear. And it’s only uphill from here. Never getting married. I aim to be a modern day Hugh Hefner lol.

Funny you mention that. A lot of the guys at my workplace are like “Man, that engineering salary must be AMAZING as a bachelor. Many of them have wives and kids, which drains the bank account.”

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks man, my aspiration is definitely to make it to six figures one day.
For what purpose?

It’s a nice goal to have just keep in mind money is just a means to an end.

My rent is quite cheap. $700 a month. I do meal prep and buy a lot of frozen chicken breast. I’m learning how to be frugal. My biggest expense is the trips I take lol. Like I just went to Miami to meet some wings and game for a week. Great place, beautiful women, but absolutely burning a hole in my pocket lol.
That’s awesome bro. One thing I wish I did 10 years ago was buy a duplex. Have someone else pay my mortgage for me. I’m working on that in the next year or two so I can rent out my condo as well. Rent is dumb in my area so I will never rent again. But in your case at $700 month that is a steal. Stack money as long as you can paying that cheap ass rent.

Miami is always a good time. Partying will get old man, trust me. I was a late bloomer, didn’t hit my stride with women until about 25. By 31-32 I was completely over women. Body count was about 100. They are all the same annoying leeches after a while. Most offer nothing at all outside of the bedroom.

I do not have either yet. My workplace offers retirement plans, which I applied for so I am eligible. I really should have an emergency fund though. I’ve heard that $500 is a good amount?

Crypto and investments are how you make real money. That’s even more motivation for me to kill these student loans so I can really start making some bank…
Real estate is the biggest winner of them all. You should definitely get a 401k and a Roth IRA immediately. Max out the Roth IRA every year ($6,000) and at minimum contribute to the company match % in your 401k. It’s free money and some tax deferment. It seems dumb now but when you get over $100,000 in there the compounding interest really starts working for you.

Emergency fund is nice to have. You can get away with less as a single lad with no dependents. It’s just always good to have extra cash on hand in case your main job lays you off.

Last edited:

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@nicksaiz65

It really depends upon a lot of different variables. What is the interest rate on your student loans? With lower interest rates, 4% or less, you really wouldn't be saving all that much money by paying it off immediately when you could be investing that money instead. Now, with private loans I do know that they can be quite high, close to 10%, and I'd definitely try to pay those off if that is the case for you. One thing that I've found as I've increased my wealth is that opportunities to save money become more available. For instance, I get massages every 2 weeks and they had a holiday promo where if you buy $150 in gift cards you get $40. I spent a couple grand and essentially got myself several massages for free simply because I had the money to throw in right then and there. If you build up a solid portfolio, especially one with dividends, you'll find that this grows quite quickly without you even having to add to it. However, the reality is that many people are not in a position to be able to really build all that much wealth and they are ultimately living paycheck to paycheck, as they have very little left over.

As for income and expenses. I believe that most people could save quite a bit of money just by making some minor changes. A lot of people drink coffee everyday, often from a coffee shop, and they could save a lot just by making it at home. The same idea applies to eating, many people eat out semi often, even at a cheap place like McDonald's one meal from there could be close to the cost of an entire day's worth of eating if you simply made your own meals. Not only that, but eating at home and making your own food is healthier. I feel this alone could make a huge difference for most people. Other stuff I see is cigarette smoking, ironically the poor and uneducated are those that engage in this physically and financially costly habit. Smoking weed, going out to bars and drinking, etc. All of these are not only expensive but are costly to your health and do not really develop your life in any meaningful way.

Some other factors are where you are living, many metros in the U.S. are outrageously overpriced with even some crap apartment that isn't all that great. If you can move to an area where a mortgage on a house is reasonable, or even the same compared to rent, that can be a fantastic way to build up some equity. Renting has it's time and place, but for many people it's essentially throwing money out that will never return. This has been one of the best means of solidifying individuals into the middle class for quite some time now. Yes, there will be volatility in the housing market but at the end of the day you need to live someplace and if it's in your budget I say go for it.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For what purpose?

It’s a nice goal to have just keep in mind money is just a means to an end.

That’s awesome bro. One thing I wish I did 10 years ago was buy a duplex. Have someone else pay my mortgage for me. I’m working on that in the next year or two so I can rent out my condo as well. Rent is dumb in my area so I will never rent again. But in your case at $700 month that is a steal. Stack money as long as you can paying that cheap ass rent.

Miami is always a good time. Partying will get old man, trust me. I was a late bloomer, didn’t hit my stride with women until about 25. By 31-32 I was completely over women. Body count was about 100. They are all the same annoying leeches after a while. Most offer nothing at all outside of the bedroom.

Real estate is the biggest winner of them all. You should definitely get a 401k and a Roth IRA immediately. Max out the Roth IRA every year ($6,000) and at minimum contribute to the company match % in your 401k. It’s free money and some tax deferment. It seems dumb now but when you get over $100,000 in there the compounding interest really starts working for you.

Emergency fund is nice to have. You can get away with less as a single lad with no dependents. It’s just always good to have extra cash on hand in case your main job lays you off.
Mostly just for vanity and freedom, tbh. I’m also a shallow MF sometimes. I like nice cars, and I like nice trips haha. I also like EDM Festivals and concerts.

I will for sure. It’s because I live in a smallish town. That means the rent is cheaper. Even just an hour away, the rent is a nightmare.

Maybe one day I will burn out? I’m not sure. Thing is, I’m sure I never want to get married. So I don’t exactly have a plan going forward.

A notch count of 100 is a good goal. But that’s independent of money somewhat. I know a dude who drives a Tesla and still can’t get laid.

I will definitely get on that. The nice thing is, I get benefits where they’ll invest into my retirement fund and match me.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Resell items on Ebay

Take photos and sell them to shutterstock and photobucket

Start up a Youtube Channel

Develop a skill and use it for upwork/fivver to freelance

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You already have a side hustle as a musician. You're busy enough. Also, $85,000/year for a 25 year old is pretty solid.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
$30K in student debt. I want this stuff GONE. I want that mistake undone. At the same time, I want to go on lots of trips so I can meet plenty of exotic women.
I think 3 jobs will destroy your health , going vacations and trips can be expensive even for people with 6 digits salaries , so getting another part time job will not really make any different. if you really want to live life of rich you have to be rich , not to pretend to be by working your a$$ off.

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the general sentiment which is to just keep going. Don't burn yourself out. Doing the 2-3 dev jobs at the same time, it's possible if you're a suer fast worker. I can do in 4 hours what many do in a week, but I take advantage of it to just have more time.

Odisseo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not sure how many hours a week you already work with job 1 and 2 but I do not recommend getting another one. Try instead to cut down on costs or concentrate on becoming the best developer in your company and getting a promotion in your primary job. That'll pay off a lot more in the long run.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Those driving things...door dash, uber eats, Uber, Lyft, etc are all basically hidden cost sinks that make you think you are earning a lot more money than you actually are when you factor in gas costs, maintenance costs, time wasted, etc...

People think they are making good money but realistically they are making minimum wage or even less when factoring in all those costs.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Your car can't handle DoorDash, Uber, Lyft, etc.

Getting 183k+ miles out of a Chevrolet is a good thing. A lot of Chevrolet models are not nearly as durable as Toyota or Honda models.

The upside to Chevrolet ownership is that they are not that expensive to fix. Fixing up a Chevrolet costs less than fixing up a Mercedes-Benz.