Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Good Old Days" never existed

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There seems to be a common misconception among people, including on this board, that things were drastically better for the average man in the past. That's not really the case. Regardless of whether your frame of reference is 2012 or 2002 or 1972 or 1822, the historical records suggests that there was rarely if ever a time when the average man was swimming in pvssy. The only exceptions were short periods of time following major wars, like WWI and WWII (for obvious reasons - the gender imbalance caused by war casualties created a d!ck shortage).

And while it is true that many messed up things that we as men have to deal with today did not exist, or at least were less common, in the past (i.e. feminism, single mothers, false sexual assault allegations, divorce rape, "wokeness"), the past had its own problems. Can you think of an era when your average, working class/middle class dude could effortlessly score a date with an 8 or 9 (or even a 7, for that matter)? Me neither. The fact of the matter is that most men ended up marrying some average/below average broad they met in high school or church. And then they spent the rest of their lives in relatively miserable, sexless marriages. That was the reality of most "average" men.

Bottom line is, don't pine for the past. It sucked, albeit for different reasons. The only way to escape misery is rise above mediocrity and avoid being average.

Reaction score
Exactly, it's another cope like the age pill. In addition, a lot of cheating and rape was going on back then too. These same people seem to forget where the term the Mailman/Milkman's kid comes from. Your grandparents most likely had some issues that they just swept under the rug and never told you.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I have to say I disagree. Do you honestly see anyone getting married in the 2000’s and having it last 50, 60 years? It won’t last trust me. Hell even 30. Hell even 20! My grandparents were married for 57 years. Everyone of their friends were also married for 50ish years, no divorces and the only thing that split them up was death. Thinking in my friend group I can think of more divorcees than I can marriages that are still going. And people celebrate 20 years of marriage these days like it’s some huge accomplishment. People point to the old days because the marriage rate was MUCH better and we all have examples backing it up. How many single moms with multiple baby daddy’s you think were running around in WW2? Not many. Maybe 0.001% of the population. Now I bet single moms makeup easily 30% of the population. Easily.

Reaction score
Well I have to say I disagree. Do you honestly see anyone getting married in the 2000’s and having it last 50, 60 years? It won’t last trust me. Hell even 30. Hell even 20! My grandparents were married for 57 years. Everyone of their friends were also married for 50ish years, no divorces and the only thing that split them up was death. Thinking in my friend group I can think of more divorcees than I can marriages that are still going. And people celebrate 20 years of marriage these days like it’s some huge accomplishment. People point to the old days because the marriage rate was MUCH better and we all have examples backing it up. How many single moms with multiple baby daddy’s you think were running around in WW2? Not many. Maybe 0.001% of the population. Now I bet single moms makeup easily 30% of the population. Easily.
People tolerated a lot more back then because they had too due to lower living standards, single income households, taboo, and etc. By the time you are past 60, what's divorcing your spouse for cheating on you back in the 50s going to solve. If you found out that your wife got pregnant by the mail man in todays world, you would divorce her immediately. Don't go and lie to me that you would stick with her because that's what our grandparents did back then because they didn't have a choice. I'm related to most people in my hometown because my grandad and great grandad ran through that town worse than Wilt Chamberlain in a Miami strip club. There plenty of families that think their grandad is their actual grandad but it's actually my grandads that slid in their grandma back in the day and dipped.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People tolerated a lot more back then because they had too due to lower living standards, single income households, taboo, and etc. By the time you are past 60, what's divorcing your spouse for cheating on you back in the 50s going to solve. If you found out that your wife got pregnant by the mail man in todays world, you would divorce her immediately. Don't go and lie to me that you would stick with her because that's what our grandparents did back then because they didn't have a choice. I'm related to most people in my hometown because my grandad and great grandad ran through that town worse than Wilt Chamberlain in a Miami strip club. There plenty of families that think their grandad is their actual grandad but it's actually my grandads that slid in their grandma back in the day and dipped.
There’s a reason marriage rates are plummeting and single mom rates are skyrocketing. It ain’t because society has gotten better either.

Reaction score
There’s a reason marriage rates are plummeting and single mom rates are skyrocketing. It ain’t because society has gotten better either.
Like I said before, we have better living standards, laws for divorce, and etc. Again, if your wife were to cheat on you and get pregnant, it would be way easier for you to divorce her vs back then you needed your wife actually support you and the family, you really couldn't prove it was the mail man's kid because there wasn't a DNA rapid test available, and the concept of no fault divorce didn't occur until Ronald Reagan was president...2010 for New York! So by the time all of this is easily available, you and your spouse are pushing 60 with grandkids and a stable retirement income, are you really going to care about what she did back in 1955 at this point? Absolutely not!

It's not that people were just magically better back then, it's the fact that they didn't even have a chance at divorcing while we do. Otherwise, you would be fine with your wife fvcking your neighbor down the street and not seek separation.

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was a time before the ridiculous levels of female entitlement we see today.There was a time when simps weren’t enabling them at every turn.There was a time when divorces weren’t as common because women first and foremost understood their duties and obligations to their husbands and families and would thus stick around even through the bad days.

If you want to see a modern girl scramble,ask her what her duty in a relationship is.

Human nature may not have changed since those days,but for many reasons(such as an abundance of real,strong Men)things like feminism,simps and wokeness were considered too stupid to even contemplate.

I’d say that yeah,there were indeed,”the good old days.”

hardboiled85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Women generally were not ****s to you if you were average in the early 2000's, they loved attention because the only place they got it was after they did their hair for 2 hrs and skipped into town to see the boys there, so any attention they got they consumed and smiled and said hello to you.
Opposed to now when they put on yoga pants and boot up onlyfans.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry have to disagree here if you go back to the 60's / 70's women had much better values wanted to marry young and be housewives

Not saying it was perfect but This suited the natural relationship dynamic better because contrary to what modern society wants you to believe this is what women are naturally designed to do ( nurture things)

In 2021 we are close to engineering a society where women genuinely believe they are superior to men in every sense

A woman cannot be attracted to or fall in a love with a man she doesn't respect

this is what they are all failing to understand and why so many are deeply unhappy or unsatisfied

The prevalence of social media , swipe apps and other female dominant trap apps have cause further chaos but that is for another post

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the 70s I was absolute drowning in the P, and I wasn’t smooth at all. I could get laid at the drop of a hat. Those were my teen and early adult years.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A woman cannot be attracted to or fall in a love with a man she doesn't respect

this is what they are all failing to understand and why so many are deeply unhappy or unsatisfied
So be a man worthy of respect? Don't know how you could state the problem with men in one sentence and then blame women the next lol

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So be a man worthy of respect? Don't know how you could state the problem with men in one sentence and then blame women the next lol
My point was young women are virtually being taught not to respect men by modern society at a macro level not an individual one

Why do you think female flaky behaviours have gone through the roof in the last 20 years ?

Because modern women do not respect men or their time

Sure YOU can be a man worthy of respect but it still doesn't mean she will play ball in the wider landscape

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There seems to be a common misconception among people, including on this board, that things were drastically better for the average man in the past. That's not really the case. Regardless of whether your frame of reference is 2012 or 2002 or 1972 or 1822, the historical records suggests that there was rarely if ever a time when the average man was swimming in pvssy. The only exceptions were short periods of time following major wars, like WWI and WWII (for obvious reasons - the gender imbalance caused by war casualties created a d!ck shortage).

And while it is true that many messed up things that we as men have to deal with today did not exist, or at least were less common, in the past (i.e. feminism, single mothers, false sexual assault allegations, divorce rape, "wokeness"), the past had its own problems. Can you think of an era when your average, working class/middle class dude could effortlessly score a date with an 8 or 9 (or even a 7, for that matter)? Me neither. The fact of the matter is that most men ended up marrying some average/below average broad they met in high school or church. And then they spent the rest of their lives in relatively miserable, sexless marriages. That was the reality of most "average" men.

Bottom line is, don't pine for the past. It sucked, albeit for different reasons. The only way to escape misery is rise above mediocrity and avoid being average.
There is some truth here however i know for a fact that cold approach and nightclub/bar game was infinitely better in the late 90s and very early 2000s.

How do i know? Because i was cold approaching like a machine back in those days. Bars and clubs were much funner and wilder then as well. Just way too many people in their groups of friends now standing around glued to their phones and taking pictures/selfies or jumping up and down listening to lame electro music garbage.

You are deluding yourself if you think that smart phones and social media/OLD didnt change the game.

Also, western women had way better attitudes then. This was before hyper feminism and the sex in the city wave happened. Much less tatoos as well.

Most men back then didn't take advantage and cold approach. PUA was brand new and unheard of. It was literally easy pickings then if you looked decent just because not many guys were doing it besides aggressive naturally alpha black dudes who did it naturally at the malls and stuff.

It was without a doubt much better in the US then. After 9/11 is when things really started to change and go down hill. It seemed to get worse every 5 years from there and now it's every freakin year with this pandemic stuff and SJW / BLM garbage.

To be fair online dating though now can be pretty good depending on where you live.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
How many of those marriages were happy marriages? How many just stayed together because it was taboo to be divorced?

Just because someone stays married doesn't mean they are happy.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many of those marriages were happy marriages? How many just stayed together because it was taboo to be divorced?

Just because someone stays married doesn't mean they are happy.
Do you really think all these divorced women running around are truly happy? You’re naive if you think every day of marriage is happy, but you work through it because you’re both partners. You just don’t wake up and say “oh well I’m not happy, I’m getting a divorce” like women do today. And yet they whine and ***** about men not wanting commitment. Damn right we don’t because commitment takes work and effort and we know women don’t want to pull their share.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Do you really think all these divorced women running around are truly happy? You’re naive if you think every day of marriage is happy, but you work through it because you’re both partners. You just don’t wake up and say “oh well I’m not happy, I’m getting a divorce” like women do today. And yet they whine and ***** about men not wanting commitment. Damn right we don’t because commitment takes work and effort and we know women don’t want to pull their share.
I am talking about back in the days not today. Some things can't be worked through. Staying together and becoming more and more resentful of the other person over time isn't the answer either.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having lived through the end of that era, I disagree.

During the late 70’s and early 80’s, there was this ‘sweet spot’ era.

Females (Of higher caliber) were becoming comfortable enough to sleep around before having a serious relationship... but they also still had the past generation environment of traditional values (more femininity back then).

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having lived through the end of that era, I disagree.

During the late 70’s and early 80’s, there was this ‘sweet spot’ era.

Females (Of higher caliber) were becoming comfortable enough to sleep around before having a serious relationship... but they also still had the past generation environment of traditional values (more femininity back then).

I would imagine that american women back in the 70s and early 80s were much more like a lot of foreign women are today than their modern counterparts...like you said still hold traditional values but also open to having fun and sleeping around a bit before marriage. Now american women hold zero traditional values.

Last edited: