Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Good Old Days" never existed

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
The prevalence of social media , swipe apps and other female dominant trap apps have cause further chaos but that is for another post
While I do agree we are in a horrible dystopia, if you look back to the early posts from the year 2000 you will see they have the same complaints about women.

Flaking and ghosting, women randomly losing interest and etc. Not much has really changed in these two decades. Sure things are somehow getting even worse but it wasn't some golden age for men back then.

Back in my fathers day he talked about how the average guy struggled to get a date for the prom in highschool. Back then a man still needed to work if he wanted a good woman.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been here since 2010 and I take back everything bad I said about the market back then. Nothing compared to today. Not comparable. All you had to do was accept the massive IOIs from women back then, just have a microcosm of self-confidence.
Memory is a funny thing. The way you remember 2010 now is likely not the way you experienced it at the time. In 2033, you will probably think that 2021 wasn't so bad after all.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While I do agree we are in a horrible dystopia, if you look back to the early posts from the year 2000 you will see they have the same complaints about women.

Flaking and ghosting, women randomly losing interest and etc. Not much has really changed in these two decades. Sure things are somehow getting even worse but it wasn't some golden age for men back then.

Back in my fathers day he talked about how the average guy struggled to get a date for the prom in highschool. Back then a man still needed to work if he wanted a good woman.
I am in my late thirties, so I'm old enough to remember how things were in the late 90's/early 2000's. And honestly, it wasn't all that different despite the lack of online dating and social media back then. Hot girls were entitled, snobby, and accustomed to male attention. Clubs were filled with attention wh0res who were out with large groups of girlfriends and/or male c0ck-blockers. Feminism, "girl power", unfair divorce laws, false sexual harassment allegations and all that other B.S. was already nearly as bad as it is today.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am in my late thirties, so I'm old enough to remember how things were in the late 90's/early 2000's. And honestly, it wasn't all that different despite the lack of online dating and social media back then.
I'm also the same age. 1999-2005 (ages 16-22 for me) were not great times in the overall history of mating, but there were some things back then that were better than now.

It was easier to get a woman's attention back then.

Fewer women wore earbuds to the gym and in other public places, making them more approachable.

Hot girls were entitled, snobby, and accustomed to male attention. Clubs were filled with attention wh0res who were out with large groups of girlfriends and/or male c0ck-blockers. Feminism, "girl power", unfair divorce laws, false sexual harassment allegations and all that other B.S. was already nearly as bad as it is today.

Yes, hot women were entitled, snobby, and accustomed to male attention in the late 1990s/early 2000s.

There was less technological **** blockers. A smaller percentage of women were using online dating websites. In the website era of dating, women were getting their inboxes flooded on Match, OkCupid, and Plenty of Fish.

All the other things you mentioned were happening 15-20 years ago.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I have to say I disagree. Do you honestly see anyone getting married in the 2000’s and having it last 50, 60 years? It won’t last trust me. Hell even 30. Hell even 20! My grandparents were married for 57 years. Everyone of their friends were also married for 50ish years, no divorces and the only thing that split them up was death. Thinking in my friend group I can think of more divorcees than I can marriages that are still going. And people celebrate 20 years of marriage these days like it’s some huge accomplishment. People point to the old days because the marriage rate was MUCH better and we all have examples backing it up. How many single moms with multiple baby daddy’s you think were running around in WW2? Not many. Maybe 0.001% of the population. Now I bet single moms makeup easily 30% of the population. Easily.
There's a book/play called A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams. An abusive husband beats his wife and treats his wife's sister even worse. At the end of the book they are still married.

There's definitely a lot of reason to believe that older marriages stayed together because they had to put up with anything to survive and not because they were so much better.

Of course we've gone too far in the opposite direction where your wife being bored is a valid divorce reason.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bottom line is, don't pine for the past. It sucked, albeit for different reasons. The only way to escape misery is rise above mediocrity and avoid being average.
I was thinking of making a thread just like this because I was thinking about how oldschool dating would still suck for any guy who wasn't rich with a fancy job title. Since the only way to get the best girls would be to provide the most (however back then getting a decent job would be easier because college was cheap and you didn't need a degree for everything)

Reaction score
There's a book/play called A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams. An abusive husband beats his wife and treats his wife's sister even worse. At the end of the book they are still married.

There's definitely a lot of reason to believe that older marriages stayed together because they had to put up with anything to survive and not because they were so much better.

Of course we've gone too far in the opposite direction where your wife being bored is a valid divorce reason.
there are plenty of examples of this, the rose colored glasses is strong in this topic.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There seems to be a common misconception among people that things were drastically better for the average man in the past. That's not really the case. Regardless of whether your frame of reference is 2012 or 2002 or 1972 or 1822, the historical records suggests that there was rarely if ever a time when the average man was swimming in pvssy.
I agree that there was rarely if ever a time that the average man was swimming in pusssy. Most men don’t have the goal of swimming in pusssy. The average man wants to have some solid extended relationships without longer sexual droughts. If one of those relationships lasts a very long time, possible until death do they part, that’s a bonus. That’s becoming more difficult to achieve. Women had fewer options in the past and most areas in the United States did not have a surplus of single men relative to single women. On raw numbers, women have had a huge advantage since 2000 and that advantage has gotten compounded by the swipe apps. This is why there’s been a rise of incels. There aren’t enough women to go around.

Not only is there a younger women shortage, there is also a shortage of women who are worthwhile of the time and effort it takes for an extended relationship.

Conditions are more difficult for the average man than they were in the past. In more recent times, the males of the GI Generation (1910-1925), the Silent Generation (1926-1945), and the Baby Boomers (1946-1964) had more favorable conditions in the mating environment than subsequent generations. By the time the early Millennials (1982-1996) were reaching sexual maturity in the late 1990s/early 2000s, it had all gone to shiit.

Can you think of an era when your average, working class/middle class dude could effortlessly score a date with an 8 or 9 (or even a 7, for that matter)? Me neither.

The fact of the matter is that most men ended up marrying some average/below average broad they met in high school or church. And then they spent the rest of their lives in relatively miserable, sexless marriages. That was the reality of most "average" men.
The women that the more average men met in high school, college, church, or as secretaries in workplaces in the 1950s and 1960s were better than the women of the 1990s-present.

Those women had fewer options, were less likely to ride a cocck carousel, and were more concerned about being a good girlfriend and a good wife than the women of the 1990s-present.

An average woman of 1960 on looks might rate better today simply because she isn’t overweight. There was less single motherhood, less SJW/careerist/feminist women, less pet obsessed women, etc.

“Relatively miserable, sexless marriages” is an overstatement. 40-80 years ago, marriages did suffer a diminishment in passion and sexual frequency as time went on. That’s normal. However, women of the GI Generation and the Silent Generation more frequently understood the concept of the wifely duties. They would be more willing to throw their husbands some sex in order to keep the relationship going. Even if they were doing it out of obligation, they would do it more gleefully than a modern woman because they saw more benefit in doing that. Gen X and Gen Y/Millennial women in marriages have no concept of wifely duties. That’s a part of why sexless marriages have gone up in recent decades.

Women generally were not ****s to you if you were average in the early 2000's, they loved attention because the only place they got it was after they did their hair for 2 hrs and skipped into town to see the boys there, so any attention they got they consumed and smiled and said hello to you.
Opposed to now when they put on yoga pants and boot up onlyfans.
Cast your mind back to 1999-2003, because MySpace and Facebook launched in 2004.

In 1999-2003, if you were an attractive woman who wanted attention, you had to do more to get less attention. You had to leave your home at a minimum. Doing hair, makeup, and looking super sexy would only get you the attention of men in that venue, typically a bar/nightclub. Now, without leaving the home, a woman can snap sexy selfies, post them somewhere on social media/app/internet, and get more attention than more men who were present in a 1999-2003 bar/nightclub. Women receive more attention and are “approached” more often now due to social media and swipe apps.

During the late 70’s and early 80’s, there was this ‘sweet spot’ era.

Females (Of higher caliber) were becoming comfortable enough to sleep around before having a serious relationship... but they also still had the past generation environment of traditional values (more femininity back then).
Yes, this was the tail end of the Baby Boomer era of being the dominant group of singles. Boomers were the last generation to have access to women who held some traditional aspects of femininity in higher regard. There were some rare exceptions in Gen X for this among white women, mainly women from smaller towns in middle America. The exceptions became even fewer and far between for the Millennials.

I never had a dry spell of more than a month or two from 2010 to 2017. My SMV has gone up and I do hook up with hotter women than I did even back then, but the market has tightened faster than my SMV. Relationships get shorter and shorter, flaking gets more and more frequent etc etc.
I believe you experienced a geographical change too. You are currently in one of the worst U.S. metro area mating environments. Otherwise, you have valid points.

I can also tell that you haven't dated GenZ.
How much of Gen Z have you dated? Realize that Gen Z is defined as 1997-2012 births. I haven't dated anyone in Gen Z. The oldest Gen Z members were 14 calendar years after I was born. I sense you have more experience with younger Millennials (1990-1996) than Gen Z.

Glassguy

Reaction score
All I can say is, things were better for people like us in 2015.
I will agree but I think the drastic change happened between the late 90s and early 2000's. Cell phones had a huge impact. No more talking on the phone at home on a corded curly phone cord. The world became smaller, text messages took precedence over phone calls and the social media and OLD really intensified the entire situation.

Women were much less flaky, indifferent and entitled when the majority of interaction was face to face or over the phone. Actually people in general. When anyone, male or female, can hide behind texting over face to face, they are harder to deal with.

Thus my success ratio greatly improves when its face to face interaction or I call them for a quick chat.