Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gonna start a Tinder account this weekend whats some advice?

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As above, Bare in mind in the UK we dont live in such heavily populated Cities, so you get to know everyone available in your town with 6 months, and it doesnt yield good results

Whats some good advice for my Tinder account, should I do a bumble aswell?

anything I need to be aware of?
Thanks

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forget Tinder - be a man and develop REAL game by approaching in real life. Tinder is for AFCs who are too scared to approach girls in real life.

I'm in the UK too btw. Your reasoning for not approaching in the UK is a bullsh*t excuse to justify your lack of balls. I've been successful with cold approaches all over the UK, both in bigger and smaller cities or towns.

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats some good advice for my Tinder account
Unless you look like Ryan Gosling you need a profile that shows your personality and shows the girls you'd be fun to date or at least talk to. They sweep like 1 out of 10 guys to the right, so you want to catch her eye.

Back in the day when I used Tinder to dragnet the local dating pool I googled a lot of articles and made sure my profile was inviting AF. These two webpages were created by a Dutchman and the other by a Belgian. They made some very good suggestions (and tend to overthink others)

7 Tinder Tips
Tinder Profile Tips

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Forget Tinder - be a man and develop REAL game by approaching in real life. Tinder is for AFCs who are too scared to approach girls in real life.

I'm in the UK too btw. Your reasoning for not approaching in the UK is a bullsh*t excuse to justify your lack of balls. I've been successful with cold approaches all over the UK, both in bigger and smaller cities or towns.
Dude, we get it already. You're an approaching demi-God, crafted by the almighty himself and send down to Earth to give all women a good time.

Now seriously, you're right. Approaching women is way better than online dating. It isn't even a close competition, but so far your only contribution to this forum is playing the same old tune over and over again: you have been approaching women for 2 decades and you are awesome. End of comment.

We get it already. Give people with less experience some tips and good advice. I don't doubt you know how to approach women. You're probably better at it than me, seeing you've been doing it for so long. But then, please share your wisdom as you so nicely put it in another post somewhere on this forum. I would love to see that. No sarcasm.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Never been on there but from.what I hear it's the worst of the OLD sites in terms of results.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive been with many local women in my town by cold approaching , what do you want me to do, drive to a supermarket 10 miles out, just to cold approach , dont talk waffle

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is BS.

If you want an easy lay every now and then, Tinder is the way to go.

Some guys on SoSuave try and score points with other forum members with all this, "be a man and do this...." crap.
No sorry, your post is bullsh*t. I maintain that dating apps are merely a crutch, a buffer etc to hide behind so guys don't have to develop any REAL game or grow their balls to approach in real life.

Reliance on dating apps does nothing to develop a guy's confidence, backbone or real life ability with women. Such apps have contributed to an entire generation of men who are weak ass mother*ckers who can't approach women in real life.

Sosuave is a forum to help men get better with women, as well as better themselves as men. So guys using dating apps have no place here. If you want to use swipe apps to get women, you don't need Sosuave. We should be better than that.

I remember the golden age of Sosuave where you'd hear about guys' cold approach field reports. You hardly ever hear of any now. All I see on Sosuave nowadays is guys talking about how to get girls on Tinder, POF or other social media, all this 'I matched with this girl on Tinder' blah blah blah. Who here can approach a girl any time, any place, preferably direct, and be consistently successful?

REAL pickup can ONLY be done in real life. I know a lot of guys here won't like what I have to say, but they need some tough love and some real talk.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's tons of articles out there but I'll break down the main basics.

1. Get good pics - pics is what starts everything. Generally selfie pics, especially bathroom selfies are frowned upon. Pics should include at least one of you doing a hobby or action sport, one poolside or beach pic, one semi-professionally dressed pic, one travel pic in remote desitination or one with good back drop. Getting a tripod with remote for your phone can be especially handy in setting up your own pics.

2. If you write a good profile, it can lead to efficient screening. Unlike guys, girls will really pick apart and disect your profile if they are interested in you. Meaning they'll actually read what you wrote. For me, I don't like wasting time with attention wh0res so I always state in my profile that I'm not looking for a pen pal and that I'd rather meet sooner than later. You can also state that you are looking for someone that is "fun and adventurous". Some gals pick up on this either conciously or sub-conciously

3. Start it on a Thursday or Friday night. Girls will swipe to look to do something for the weekend.

4. Know how the algorithms work. You will get a 24-72hr boost on Tinder or Bumble but your activity will fall off after that as you will go lower in the stack and not be as visible to as many women. Also try to only swipe no more than 10 a day and be really selective. The more you swipe right and the more a girl swipes left on you, the lower in the stack you go.

One technique is to just pay for the Gold package on Tinder and hardly swipe and wait for others to swipe right on you. Leave it alone for 2-3 weeks and collect all the women interested in you. Then you can go in and see who liked you and swipe right on them if you're interested. This is a good time saver but it costs you about a price of a date.

5. As always, text just enough to establish comfort on her end to wanna meet you somewhere.

6. If you live far from things and don't wanna waste your time finding out her smv is 2-3 points lower in person than her pics, a simple video chat might be worthwhile before the meet.

Lastly, cast a wide net and see if other dating platforms are popular in your area like Hinge, OK Cupid, Badoo, etc.

EDIT:

Also watch out for scams and know when you're talking to a BOT. There are quite a few out there. Asking specific questions related to them can weed out the bots.

Don't swipe right on girls that don't have any local pics. Most likely these are scams or girls not even living in the area. Also there are a lot of Eastern European scams where you can tell if they use metric for US as an example. If a girl says she is 162cm tall, and you're in the US, you know something is up.

Also avoid swiping right on any girls that seem to only show professional pics. Most of these are scams as well.

Avoid swiping right on any girl that lists her instagram account as most likely, they are just fishing for subscribers.

Last edited:

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Lookatu got on OKCupid three days ago. It suuuuucks. Bunch of 4s and 5s. You have to subscribe in order to do anything.

$40 down the drain.
As with all OLD apps, they will vary based on timing and location. Once the good looking ones get pumped and dumped is when they'll be available again in the market. Rotations go in and out between the good and bad looking ones.

I rarely pay for premium services. It can be a timesaver but you gotta check out the selection first to see if it's even worthwhile as you've witnessed.

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all about the main photo, use good ones. If you go on there looking like a scruff with old photos you're not gonna get much action, or if you're unattractive you're screwed too. Women have a 6th sense for sniffing out old photos.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As above, Bare in mind in the UK we dont live in such heavily populated Cities, so you get to know everyone available in your town with 6 months, and it doesnt yield good results

Whats some good advice for my Tinder account, should I do a bumble aswell?

anything I need to be aware of?
Thanks
If you want to be lazy or deal with low-hanging fruit, yes get a Tinder account.

If you want to build real confidence and have real cojones, go out, enjoy the world, and use every chance as your real-world dating app.

Ultimately, up to you.

Modern Man Advice

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, if you're just looking for lays and fun, just lie on your profile to make you sound as much like Chad as you possibly can. You have to do it somewhat subtly so it's believable, but women do it all day every day so... no harm no foul as far as I'm concerned.

In my area, Hinge, Bumble and Tinder have the more attractive women. OkCupid and PlentyOfFish are full of land whales.

That said, OLD is almost entirely full of rejected women, broken women, or wh0res.

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That said, OLD is almost entirely full of rejected women, broken women, or wh0res.
If you're young there's nothing wrong with using Tinder. I'm certain about this (without having experienced this myself I might add). The young girls on Tinder (18-23) aren't broken, rejected, alpha-widowed or whatever...

But yes, once you're over 35 and only the 30+ girls get to see your profile because Tinder automatically removes yours from younger women's stack (unless the actively change their range and most girls don't do this), yeah, you're basicly stuck with the leftovers, single moms, borderliners and attention seekers.

I noticed a major shift when I turned 35. Suddenly the hot 28 yo's weren't swiping me to the right anymore. I was still the same person, with the same profile but most just didn't get to see my profile anymore. I aged beyond their automatically set age settings.

F*** U Tinder :)

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're young there's nothing wrong with using Tinder. I'm certain about this (without having experienced this myself I might add). The young girls on Tinder (18-23) aren't broken, rejected, alpha-widowed or whatever...

But yes, once you're over 35 and only the 30+ girls get to see your profile because Tinder automatically removes yours from younger women's stack (unless the actively change their range and most girls don't do this), yeah, you're basicly stuck with the leftovers, single moms, borderliners and attention seekers.

I noticed a major shift when I turned 35. Suddenly the hot 28 yo's weren't swiping me to the right anymore. I was still the same person, with the same profile but most just didn't get to see my profile anymore. I aged beyond their automatically set age settings.

F*** U Tinder :)
I agree with the above.

Tinder is a young man's game.

If you're part of the older crowd, things are going to be stacked up against you and the best you could hope for is an avg plate with potential issues and nothing more. If you're a glass half full thinker, you may get lucky with timing and land a girl that just got on there and got out of a LTR. That's the best scenario but doesn't happen often.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you good looking? If so, as long as you have decent pic’s nothing else really matters. You don’t need a dog pic. Or buddy pics. Bio can be pretty minimal. If you link your IG, make sure nothing is too odd in the IG. Choose your Spotify carefully. I chose aggressive Judas Priest Songs. Age really doesn’t matter if you’re GL. Plenty if ‘Daddy Issues’ younger girls.
Tinder was just amazing. I had s lot of fun.
Great ladies.
Getting those ‘Match’ tones is such a dopamine rush.

Best of Luck!

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
No sorry, your post is bullsh*t. I maintain that dating apps are merely a crutch, a buffer etc to hide behind so guys don't have to develop any REAL game or grow their balls to approach in real life.

Reliance on dating apps does nothing to develop a guy's confidence, backbone or real life ability with women. Such apps have contributed to an entire generation of men who are weak ass mother*ckers who can't approach women in real life.

Sosuave is a forum to help men get better with women, as well as better themselves as men. So guys using dating apps have no place here. If you want to use swipe apps to get women, you don't need Sosuave. We should be better than that.

I remember the golden age of Sosuave where you'd hear about guys' cold approach field reports. You hardly ever hear of any now. All I see on Sosuave nowadays is guys talking about how to get girls on Tinder, POF or other social media, all this 'I matched with this girl on Tinder' blah blah blah. Who here can approach a girl any time, any place, preferably direct, and be consistently successful?

REAL pickup can ONLY be done in real life. I know a lot of guys here won't like what I have to say, but they need some tough love and some real talk.
Who the fvck is walking around picking up people during COVID times?

Where I am at if you tried that you'd probably get punched in the face for not having a mask on and not social distancing

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you may get lucky with timing and land a girl that just got on there and got out of a LTR. That's the best scenario but doesn't happen often.
True and I've had those back in the day (damn, I sound old), but the best women I ever had I met on the streets, via friends or in stores. Not on Tinder and not in the nightlife.

I heard the same thing over and over from these women: "Nah, I don't wanna be on Tinder. I like to meet a man in real life and see if there's something there". I've heard this so many times it can't be a coincidance anymore. This only proves my gut feeling even more that women on Tinder, when 30+, aren't the best matches you wanna get.

Just my thoughts though

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True and I've had those back in the day (damn, I sound old), but the best women I ever had I met on the streets, via friends or in stores. Not on Tinder and not in the nightlife.

I heard the same thing over and over from these women: "Nah, I don't wanna be on Tinder. I like to meet a man in real life and see if there's something there". I've heard this so many times it can't be a coincidance anymore. This only proves my gut feeling even more that women on Tinder, when 30+, aren't the best matches you wanna get.

Just my thoughts though
I agree with you there. Most of the "good" girls don't stay on dating apps for too long. They will either get snatched up or quit on their own and just wait until they meet someone in real life.

OLD for the most part is only good for plates but nothing serious or of high quality.