"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Going out alone

No Escape

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
174
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
You think it's a good way to meet chicks? Or do you think they get turned off when they see you alone?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2004
Messages
352
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario
It is by far, without a doubt THE WAY to get chicks
 

unistork

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Don can you give us more examples of this? What is the best thing to do to attract them more at the malls while being alone? I don't tend to do cold approaches but if I'm at the mall alone and I see one give me eye contact I'll be talking to her.

I kind of think the same way as No Escape wouldn't they think like "This guys such a loner"
 

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2004
Messages
352
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario
Pretty much any way you approach, you are better off if you are alone than with somebody around you, if it's a group of gilrs like 3+ a wing might be useful but that's irrelevant look at this way...
Two guys walking around a mall window shopping, staring at girls and arguing which one they should approach and ending up not approaching any of themis FCKING LAME.
On the other hand a dude minding his own busines, walking around a mall is normal and... once you get good at approaching this will not be an issue to you. There is enormous amount of literature on approaches, I suggest you read some and implement it.
 

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
992
Reaction score
0
Location
STL
Originally posted by Don_Marko
It is by far, without a doubt THE WAY to get chicks
I disagree. Social proof is important, and if you're walking around by yourself you're not getting any social proof there buddy. At a mall you might be able to get away with it, but being alone at a club or bar is only going to hurt you.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
11,680
Reaction score
4,874
I kind of think the same way as No Escape wouldn't they think like "This guys such a loner"
Women at the mall don't dwell on the social status of some guy they don't know. You seem to have it fixed in your mind that chicks are going to be talking about some guy all by himself at a mall.

When was the last time you ever heard a woman say, "Remember that guy with the blue jacket at the mall? He was such a loser! He was all by himself!" Women are at the mall to shop, not to judge the character of everyone there.
 

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
1,278
Reaction score
8
Location
Canuckistan
Originally posted by No Escape
You think it's a good way to meet chicks? Or do you think they get turned off when they see you alone?
I've been doing this deliberately lately, I have a bit of a phobia about being alone in social situations, so I do it to confront my fears. I do a bar hop, find a joint that I'm comfortable with, and I've had some pretty good success because once you are comfortable, there are few distractions, and in certain environments where it is more geared to pickups, I've had women open me up.

Social proof can be obtained as easily as chatting all friends like with the bartender or servers. I usually dispel with the social proof in these situations and go into 'mystery man' mode. Calm, cool and detached.

The pool table or the dart board area is a really good spot, because you can usually strike up convos there pretty easily. Plus, I invariably run into someone whom I've met before or an acquintance - knowing alot of people definitely helps.
 

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2004
Messages
352
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario
Originally posted by Interpol
I disagree. Social proof is important, and if you're walking around by yourself you're not getting any social proof there buddy. At a mall you might be able to get away with it, but being alone at a club or bar is only going to hurt you.
You will not be alone in a club or bar because you'll be approaching chicks and getting social proof from them... What hurts you is when you have a ****farm of drunken buddies around you.
 

Fenderules

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 31, 2003
Messages
873
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
Alberta
You will not be alone in a club or bar because you'll be approaching chicks and getting social proof from them... What hurts you is when you have a ****farm of drunken buddies around you






true and its easy to bail out on approach. YOu can just chill with your buddies cause they are too scared 2. When you are alone you have to hit the dance floor. if you sit alone by yourself drinking, you look like a loser and alcoholic. In any case i would feel more pressure to go talk and hit the dance floor
 

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
992
Reaction score
0
Location
STL
Originally posted by Don_Marko
You will not be alone in a club or bar because you'll be approaching chicks and getting social proof from them... What hurts you is when you have a ****farm of drunken buddies around you.
Do you know what social proof is? You don't get social proof from people you're trying to meet, you get it from people you already know.

EDIT: And if you can't go out with your friends without them causing a scene or preventing you from approaching, that just means your friends suck and you should find new ones.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
1,143
Reaction score
13
Age
44
Location
Pittsburgh
this is kindof a toss up for me....... if i go out alone i'm more likely to have a low interest level but i high self esteem level......but if i go out with buddies i get high interest level but lowered self esteem level......it basically depends on how i feel that day, if i wanna take away the work of approaching a girl i go out with friends.
 

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2001
Messages
2,314
Reaction score
17
Location
Europe
i think it kinda depends on what kind of a bar you are going to and what kind of people you go with. I've had some good success by going to some new bars on my own, as mentioned earlier in the thread, it makes you grab your balls and do some approaches, unless you wanna look like one of those lonely loosers that stays in the corner and gawk at the chicks all night. ****ing pathetic chumps.
 

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
What about in college? If you see certain girls several times a week and you are always alone can that hurt you?
 

Fenderules

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 31, 2003
Messages
873
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
Alberta
possibly unless you seem outgoing and fun. Then it will prolly bring more mystery. and you dont always have to be alone. make some friends.
 

Julian

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1,216
Let me tell you i am not a fan of going out alone. Being an only child im used to the solitude and can handle rolling solo with the utmost confidence anywhere i go.

However, i have 10x as much fun when accompanied by a friend or a group of friends.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

chancer

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 25, 2001
Messages
456
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
California, USA
The way I see it... You go out to have fun and to make it as fun as possible. Your social proff should be in the same mind set. And with that said and done, who really gives a ****?
 

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2004
Messages
599
Reaction score
0
You go out to have fun and to make it as fun as possible. Your social proff should be in the same mind set. And with that said and done, who really gives a ****?
That is the best attitude I think. If youre there, whether youre alone or with the crew, if youre having a good time who gives a ****
 

blue17

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
Why not mix it up? In college, sometimes I'm walkin around with friends or someone I met in class or whatever. Sometimes I'm by myself. I don't think theres anything wrong with being by yourself now and then. If you are by yourself all the time in an environment where you see the same ppl you might come across as a loner.

If you see a girl you know and she's always by herself would you think she was a loner? Maybe. If she was with friends all the time you might think it's a waste of time approaching her because she is never by herself. If you see her by herself sometimes and with friends in other situations, she does have social proof but at the same time she can be independent which makes it much easier for 1 on 1 time.
 

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
11,680
Reaction score
4,874
Do you know what social proof is? You don't get social proof from people you're trying to meet, you get it from people you already know.
I beg to differ. Most people around you won't know if the person you're chatting to is somebody you've known previously or if you've just met them, especially if you're a very social person. This is how you can create Social Proof. You can briefly chat up a woman, leave her be, and catch up with her later. This gives the illusion that she's an old friend of yours that you happened to run into.

For this to work, you have to be a very sociable person. You can't just sit at a table all night and expect the waitress to be your social proof.
 
Top