"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Going on my first date, tips and suggestions?

Dam44

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
447
Reaction score
127
I got a date set up with a girl for Friday. I'm 19 and it's my first one actually.

I'm quite nervous so I'll appreciate any tip or suggestion you have for me.

Or better still, a basic template of what to do. Thank you
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Clamslammer

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2018
Messages
223
Reaction score
285
Age
43
Have a plan in place of where and what you will be doing
Keep it simple and fun...always focus on having fun as this will reduce the pressure on you. Don't do anything formal on the first date like a sit down dinner. Take her to the acquarium or something like that so you guys have something to talk about
 

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
3,889
Age
53
Shocker... two in the pink... one in the stink.


But seriously this is your first date ever at 19yo? Good luck and just remain calm. Don't worry about awkward silences. Just be yourself and don't worry what she thinks of you. At your age, there will be plenty of chances if this one doesn't pan out. :up:
 

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2014
Messages
4,762
Reaction score
7,972
Location
USA, Louisiana
Plan something you like doing, you will be more comfortable. Do not go into dating with any expectations... you are expecting a result or something to happen that is why you are nervous. Just go with the flow and have fun. You'll be fine... good luck.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Dam44

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
447
Reaction score
127
Shocker... two in the pink... one in the stink.


But seriously this is your first date ever at 19yo? Good luck and just remain calm. Don't worry about awkward silences. Just be yourself and don't worry what she thinks of you. At your age, there will be plenty of chances if this one doesn't pan out. :up:
Yes, like a 'real' date. Thanks
 

Dam44

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
447
Reaction score
127
I got a date set up with a girl for Friday. I'm 19 and it's my first one actually.

I'm quite nervous so I'll appreciate any tip or suggestion you have for me.

Or better still, a basic template of what to do. Thank you
Done! It was good. We spent almost 2 hours.

There was good vibe, the conversation was good. A few minutes of silence but it everything went good.

We seemed comfortable and compatible. I think she could turn my girlfriend eventually.

Thanks
 

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
Glad to read that things turned out well.

One word of advice: take things slow.

This being your first and all, there might be a tendency to daydream and overthink future expected outcomes. Actually, this is normal. The drawback is that things will usually not measure up to our expectations (sometimes it will exceed, but in the end, it usually leads to disappointment).

As to the advice of taking things slow... if you get caught up in a moment, you risk the problem of prematurely advancing things. It's a lot easier to gradually and eventually take a small step forward... than it is to impulsively take two steps forward ... and then attempt to take one step back.
 

Clamslammer

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2018
Messages
223
Reaction score
285
Age
43
Stop thinking relationship thats her job. Your job is to take her on a date and seduce her. Once she is ready for a relationship she will bring it up and it is your choice to agree or not.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Top