"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

"Giving Up" or "taking a break"?

kel

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
79
Reaction score
1
I'm a point right now where I've come a long way. I'm not where I want to be yet, and i'm not seeing that point in the near future. I need a break. I no longer have the energy to persue women.

The last time I felt like this, it was 2 years ago, my freshman year, and I ended up meeting my girlfriend whom I dated for a year soon thereafter. Coincidence? probably.

Anyway, is this feeling common? Is it bad for a semi-rookie DJ to feel like this? Should I keep pushing on? I just dont feel like being social or anything like that....it all feels forced.

Any tips?

--Kel
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

justsomeguy1984

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
new orleans, louisiana
my advice is to keep trying. i am an amateur DJ as well, but it is my experience that no matter how good-looking you are, it is not likely that women will come to you if you don't try. so if you really want a woman, you have to put forth some effort. if you really feel stressed, then by all means you can step back for a little while, but just don't expect the chicks to come to you cause it ain't gonna happen!!!
 

david90

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
set aside a day where u can be an AFC with no pressure to recharge your battery. After that continue on.
 

kel

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
79
Reaction score
1
The thing that threw me for a loop was I basically did that this saturday. I didn't give a flying f+ck about DJ or whatever, just did what I wanted. And i had EVERY girl i talked to that night hitting on me.

Sunday night? nothing. no game at all.
THe problem is that on days I dont try, sometimes I have it, sometimes I dont. On days I try, it seems like i'm trying too hard!

--Kel
 

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 5, 2003
Messages
963
Reaction score
39
Location
Australia
Originally posted by kel
I didn't give a flying f+ck about DJ or whatever, just did what I wanted. And i had EVERY girl i talked to that night hitting on me.
Did anyone else hear the penny drop?!?
If you are not sitting there thinking "Hang about, that was easy and it WORKED!!! Maybe I should do that again..." Then please beat yourself about the head with the nearest wall for at least 10 minutes.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
It reminds me of an old CitiBank comercial tagline:

"Spend wisely, Seek balance, Live Richly..."
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by kel
I'm a point right now where I've come a long way. I'm not where I want to be yet, and i'm not seeing that point in the near future. I need a break. I no longer have the energy to persue women.

The last time I felt like this, it was 2 years ago, my freshman year, and I ended up meeting my girlfriend whom I dated for a year soon thereafter. Coincidence? probably.

Anyway, is this feeling common? Is it bad for a semi-rookie DJ to feel like this? Should I keep pushing on? I just dont feel like being social or anything like that....it all feels forced.

Any tips?

--Kel
Try this: instead of "pursuing women", only pursue the women who REALLY turn you on.

A lot of people on here just aren't into every hot girl that walks up the street. It takes something else to turn them on. But they feel like they HAVE to "approach her" or else SoSuave will think they're "AFC".

Instead, just meet all the women you can, but don't "pursue" them until you find that one has you turned on for her. This natural attraction is probably the best weapon in your seductive arsenal, plus actually attaining her will be that much more gratifying.

Don't go to the flip-side, though, and start blowing women off that really DO turn you on, claiming that they DON'T when really you're too scared. Somewhere in the middle is the perfect place to be.
 

kel

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
79
Reaction score
1
Sup fellow baltimore DJ.

Yeah, that balance is a good one. The problem is, i'm at a point right now where desperation is starting to kick in! If it's got a pretty face and a decent rack, i'm probably OK with it! i know I need to lose this despiration mindset but it's difficult to get out of the loop.
 

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
1,278
Reaction score
8
Location
Canuckistan
Everyone needs to take a break. Everyone needs to recharge their batteries. Nothing wrong with that at all.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

jond

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Don Juanabbe
Everyone needs to take a break. Everyone needs to recharge their batteries. Nothing wrong with that at all.
I agree. I'm taking a break as well right now. I just feel burned out thinking it all.

Also, its good to sometimes stop, step back, and make sure your still going in the right direction.
 

kel

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
79
Reaction score
1
I dont know if i'm going the right way. I seemed to have it "on" without trying today, but it turns out that the girl in question had a BF. Now granted I think I had my A-Game with me and I could tell she was attracted to me, but it always seems to fall like that. It's very discouraging.

The fact that she only mentioned her BF a long while into the conversation, tried to sort of muffle the words, and spoke them very quickly made me wonder just how close these two were. I number-closed and made sure to sow the seeds in case the relationship isn't planning on lasting too long.

A quick question I think I know the answer to: when you're busting on a girl (or two as the case was), and you call her a not-so-nice name, and you get called an ******* by both, what's the deal?

Am I just being an *******? Are they testing me? My response was "i'd be offended if it wasn't true". with a big smirk. I just feel like I go overboard on being C+F and sometimes it borders just plain mean. I mean I have girls telling me I'm hilarious a lot, but i'm just trying to strike the right balance.

So much to do, so little energy to do it all!

--Kel

Edit: Read the post under Six String Samurai. Agreed. Good post :)
 
Last edited:

Hoppy

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 7, 2004
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Don't worry about going overboard with the C+F. You ARE going to piss off the girls with no sense of humor but you don't want them anyways so who cares?
 
Top