Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girls giving out Instagram

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder if this is a new trend. I was talking to a pretty waitress and I asked if she had facebook. She said (lied) that she didn't and instead gave me her instagram. When I looked at her account, I saw she had an equal number of follows/followers (about 80) and no posts apart from a profile pic. At first I thought it could be a thirst trap (collecting followers, likes etc), but actually it looks more like she's established a kind of quarantine for guys that she doesn't know well enough yet and also perhaps a way of avoiding drama with her family (since this is a relatively conservative country I'm in right now).

In a way I'm kind of impressed - it actually seems like a smart move, because a lot of guys here quickly become stalkers at the slightest sign of interest from a girl and families (especially brothers and fathers) are watching over their daughters and trying to control what they do. The advantage of Instagram in that situation is that it's easy to block a guy without him ever knowing her surname, who her friends are, where she lives, works and hangs out etc which is the danger of Facebook. And of course a phone number is a pain in the ass to change if a guy keeps calling and sending messages. On the other hand it could also be a sign of low interest - I'll have to see how it plays out.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced this and in which countries.

user252009

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe she has a dude that she chats over on FB mostly so she channels the potential orbiters to IG

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe she has a dude that she chats over on FB mostly so she channels the potential orbiters to IG
It's possible. She might have her FB full of pictures of her and her "fiancee" or whatever that she doesn't want other guys to see. It's actually amazing how many tricks girls have - they look so sweet and innocent, but man do they know how to play.

user252009

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's possible. She might have her FB full of pictures of her and her "fiancee" or whatever that she doesn't want other guys to see. It's actually amazing how many tricks girls have - they look so sweet and innocent, but man do they know how to play.
I've seen that several times. Keeping FB for family and real friends, and IG for orbiters, very common methinks

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in a relationship with a woman like this, they play the attention game, like a grandmaster of chess, she could do things with her phone and social media,that arent even supposed to be available(deleting fb messages AFTER theyve been sent etc).........imagine these days you can be the most mediocre obese, nasty woman, and control a kingdom(in your mind)........its quite shocking

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder if this is a new trend. I was talking to a pretty waitress and I asked if she had facebook. She said (lied) that she didn't and instead gave me her instagram. When I looked at her account, I saw she had an equal number of follows/followers (about 80) and no posts apart from a profile pic. At first I thought it could be a thirst trap (collecting followers, likes etc), but actually it looks more like she's established a kind of quarantine for guys that she doesn't know well enough yet and also perhaps a way of avoiding drama with her family (since this is a relatively conservative country I'm in right now).

In a way I'm kind of impressed - it actually seems like a smart move, because a lot of guys here quickly become stalkers at the slightest sign of interest from a girl and families (especially brothers and fathers) are watching over their daughters and trying to control what they do. The advantage of Instagram in that situation is that it's easy to block a guy without him ever knowing her surname, who her friends are, where she lives, works and hangs out etc which is the danger of Facebook. And of course a phone number is a pain in the ass to change if a guy keeps calling and sending messages. On the other hand it could also be a sign of low interest - I'll have to see how it plays out.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced this and in which countries.
Today its pretty common, Girls giving out their ig and not their numbers and i think its stupid

Last edited:

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No one gets on hit on more than pretty waitresses, i'm sure she had a standard routine for this to get some attention and validation out of it.
Should have said "i'm not interested in becoming just another follower, i want to get to know you. What's you number?" *hand out phone*
Set yourself apart, show boldness, hold frame, go for what you want. It says alot of good stuff about you. It makes you stand out when she summarizes her day and the 5 different guys she handed out her IG to (who all accepted).

I find that you're painted into the 'orbiter camp' as soon as you start talking to a girl on IG.

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No one gets on hit on more than pretty waitresses, i'm sure she had a standard routine for this to get some attention and validation out of it.
Should have said "i'm not interested in becoming just another follower, i want to get to know you. What's you number?" *hand out phone*
Set yourself apart, show boldness, hold frame, go for what you want. It says alot of good stuff about you. It makes you stand out when she summarizes her day and the 5 different guys she handed out her IG to (who all accepted).

I find that you're painted into the 'orbiter camp' as soon as you start talking to a girl on IG.
Yeah, fk their terms.
If I'm interested I ask for a number. If she wants to give me instagram or something, I give her my number instead. If she doesn't contact, you know she's not interested and focus on others. Fk instagram, ain't nobody have time for that.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, fk their terms.
If I'm interested I ask for a number. If she wants to give me instagram or something, I give her my number instead. If she doesn't contact, you know she's not interested and focus on others. Fk instagram, ain't nobody have time for that.
Exactly man, only WKs would be happy to get her ig when she refuses to give number. Thats just an excuse when she doesnt like the guy

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly man, only WKs would be happy to get her ig when she refuses to give number. Thats just an excuse when she doesnt like the guy
I'll have to see what her attitude is like going forward. Like I said, I'm in a country where a lot of men behave like creepy stalkers and become obsessed if a girl makes the unfortunate mistake of smiling at them.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll have to see what her attitude is like going forward. Like I said, I'm in a country where a lot of men behave like creepy stalkers and become obsessed if a girl makes the unfortunate mistake of smiling at them.
Yes but the difference is when a guy approach her normally and instead of number she offers instagram, thats just sign she isn't interested

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really like you = here's my number

I don't mind being publicly associated with you = here's my facebook

I don't want anything to do with you = here's my instagram

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll have to see what the deal is. At this particular place I wanted to be discreet as it's close to my house and I go there a lot, so I didn't want to make a big fuss about getting a number. That would have just given the ****blocking waiters a chance come and stick their noses in or the boss to call her away.

In any case what's important is not so much the initial form of contact, but whether or not she is cooperative and wants to meet up. I can see that it may be a weak lead, but a name, number and address can be just as useless if the girl doesn't respond or want to do anything.

But in any case, I agree with you all that it shows likely low interest and think I need to be cautious in what I say to her in order to not to make things awkward when I go back there again for breakfast, as I do often and I don't want to have to start avoiding the place.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Among young girls it's more the norm than the exception. Usually they follow me back and we message on IG. Just another outlet.

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Among young girls it's more the norm than the exception. Usually they follow me back and we message on IG. Just another outlet.
I don't even have IG.
Might be the norm for young girls but I like breaking the norms.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't even have IG.
Might be the norm for young girls but I like breaking the norms.
Nothing wrong with that!

It's all the same to me. These days, "phone" is just another app on my mobile.

But I think in these cases, "you do you" is the best advice. Like you said, keep it on your terms.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really like you = here's my number

I don't mind being publicly associated with you = here's my facebook

I don't want anything to do with you = here's my instagram
Only ask for and accept phone numbers and no social media accounts when attempting to get contact information to escalate an interaction.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a generational thing. All younger gals and wannabe younger gals use this. You are looked on as a grandpa if you mention facebook to some of these gals.

With online, fast shipping, instant gratification, instant electronic communication, low patience these days, Instagram is an efficient way for girls to get a snapshot of your entire life without even having a conversation with you about it. Young gals instantly know if they want to move forward with you just by looking at your IG account. I know it's sad and a bad way but this is just how it is with some of them these days.