Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girlfriend lacks communication skills

killerasp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So i have been dating my girlfriend for about 5 months now. I have known her for over a year now. Three of those months we have been bf/gf. This is her first REAL relationship.

In the early stages things were good. But i noticed that she had trouble opening up emotionally to me. During social outings with friends, i noticed that she isnt the social butterfly i thought she was. She isnt the type to initiate conversations with myself or other people. But she can blab on if someone else initiates At first i thought it was a trust issue, but months later i realize its just her. She might be shy in new social situations but she is just the opposite with her close friends.

Back to the main issue i am having, because of this conversations with her are one sided: initiated by me. I am asking all the open ended questions hoping to have her talk more about her feelings on a particular topic but its usually left dead short. what bothers me is that even though she cares about me, its seems hard for her to express her feelings or opinion on important things.

i am pretty sure the problem is that she doesnt know how to open up to talk. it sounds a problem an AFC would have early on in the learning process. she might be scared to do so...or maybe just doesnt know how.

what can i do to reinforce her confidence or show her how to open up?

thanks ahead of time.

nvictor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry, 5 months you said? And you didn't notice anything? Is the girl playing with you or what?

Anyway, you're the man. Introduce her. If she can't talk, talk in her place. Or initiate the conversation for her. For example "Baby, what if you tell us how you did...?"

killerasp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I-am-someone: no i havent talked to her directly about the issue at hand. trying to find a way to go about saying, "why dont you open up to me more? dont you turst me?" without saying those exact words. I could try a variation on it, but i dont want make her feel uncomfortable when i do bring it up.

nvictor: i like that idea. thanks.

spider_007: sometimes i really think so.

d9930380

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people just aren't the talkative type. She probably can't think of anything to say that she thinks you would find interesting. Given it's her first relationship, she's probably unsure what guys and girls talk about when in a relationship. It's not about opening up or being afraid to disagree as once the conversation starts or she knows what interests the other person (her friends) then she's fine.

I'm afraid you will probably have to do most of the work with this one.

killerasp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
Why would you want your gf to talk more? ....I dont understand
umm...why not? if its this was just some random girl, i wouldnt give a crap about what she said and does. but with someone you care, there needs to a communication between the people in order for the relationship to work.