Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl with boyfriend gave me her number

RickPound

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She was an instructor for a training course I was in earlier this week so we’re in a similar line of work. Mid 20’s and carried herself well. I have some status in this context and built some rapport with her throughout. Anyway, sent her a DM the next day.

Me: “Hey good job instructing yesterday. We should hang out sometime, maybe grab a drink. What’s your number?”

Her: “Thanks, I appreciate it! I should let you know I have a boyfriend but definitely always down to do either of those things :) my number is …”

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your intro is perfect. And I mean exactly perfect.

A word of caution though. She's giving you the "yellow light. " She safe-guarded herself with the boy friend remark; which could be or could not be true. It's better than a red light, but it's also not green. Be sure that your career wouldn't be jeopardized as a result (the climate these days is not in our favor).

RickPound

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

A word of caution though. She's giving you the "yellow light. " She safe-guarded herself with the boy friend remark; which could be or could not be true. It's better than a red light, but it's also not green. Be sure that your career wouldn't be jeopardized as a result (the climate these days is not in our favor).
We’re in similar professions but not the same company or anything. I’m more established in the line of work so I could almost be a mentor to her since she’s new and young in the industry. I’ll take the “yellow light” as her telling me I better know what I’m doing and not blow up the spot - but don’t stop.

She's basically just copped to being a hoe, this is how she'll be responding to DMs if she is your GF so run her through and be done with her
For sure. I doubt he’s like “oh honey of course you’re allowed to make friends with other dudes you just met and give them your number when they DM you”.

I’m just going to escalate as if she left the boyfriend part out, but make sure it doesn’t cause any “problems” for her. Like text in the middle of the day and be direct with a meeting “when she’s free”.

Dammit, why am I that dude again?

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
Me: “Hey good job instructing yesterday. We should hang out sometime, maybe grab a drink. What’s your number?”

Her: “Thanks, I appreciate it! I should let you know I have a boyfriend but definitely always down to do either of those things :) my number is …”
You forgot to put her phone #.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score

To see if she's telling the truth just go on the reverse phone search, plug it in and get her last name then look her up on facebook to see if she has a boyfriend. She could have said she has a BF just to let you down easy and gave you her number because she didn't want it to be awkward.

Juanto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We’re in similar professions but not the same company or anything. I’m more established in the line of work so I could almost be a mentor to her since she’s new and young in the industry. I’ll take the “yellow light” as her telling me I better know what I’m doing and not blow up the spot - but don’t stop.
She might just be looking for professional benefits of having out with you. Or, she could also be a hoe.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To see if she's telling the truth just go on the reverse phone search, plug it in and get her last name then look her up on facebook to see if she has a boyfriend. She could have said she has a BF just to let you down easy and gave you her number because she didn't want it to be awkward.
Lol you and your reverse phone lookup investigations.

How in the hell would this offer confirmation that she’s telling the truth about being involved with someone else?

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She was an instructor for a training course I was in earlier this week so we’re in a similar line of work. Mid 20’s and carried herself well. I have some status in this context and built some rapport with her throughout. Anyway, sent her a DM the next day.

I'd be curious to see how the night goes. Don't fail to escalate and report back to us...

Modern Man Advice

RickPound

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tonight. First time texting her since the DM with her number and boyfriend comment….

Me: “Hey it’s Rick, I’m headed out tonight for a friends birthday. What are you up to later?

Her: “I’m still at the office finishing some things. Not sure about later.

Me: “Come out and meet me somewhere”

Her: “Haha ok. I’m leaving the office soon and down to come out for a bit if you’re still out”

Ill keep ya’ll posted

RickPound

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I texted her when I was done having dinner with my friends and we were headed to a nearby bar for a few more drinks. She said it was late and she had to get up early but she’d “be around during the week”.

Texted her a few days later asking her schedule and no response.

Left it at that…

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
she just want free attention, left it at that, or she has you smashed already

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Get her to meet you alone and escalate. If she uses the BF as a kokblock then ditch her. If she lets you escalate, then you´re in for some casual fun.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I texted her when I was done having dinner with my friends and we were headed to a nearby bar for a few more drinks. She said it was late and she had to get up early but she’d “be around during the week”.

Texted her a few days later asking her schedule and no response.

Left it at that…
She will probably hit you up sometime when she gets in a fight with her BF. Be ready to escalate when that time comes.

RickPound

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She will probably hit you up sometime when she gets in a fight with her BF. Be ready to escalate when that time comes.
I’m not reaching out again. If I bump into her in person somewhere I’ll lay on some charm but keep it light and quick.

Just thought this was a good little experiment and practice, but I’m not gonna pursue her. If she reaches out I know it’s go time.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I've actually never heard the term "yellow light", but I think it describes the situation perfectly. If you don't play this situation 100% by the book and have flawless game, she can always turn it around and say "I told you I was in a relationship, stop being a creep" etc.. despite her giving you her number. Just something to think about.

What would Scars do? I would shoot my shot. I don't know her boyfriend and have no loyalty to him, and if **** turns sour you can always just reveal that she was the one that gave YOU her number. Depends on your risk tolerance I guess and how the hot the woman is.

RickPound

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've actually never heard the term "yellow light", but I think it describes the situation perfectly. If you don't play this situation 100% by the book and have flawless game, she can always turn it around and say "I told you I was in a relationship, stop being a creep" etc.. despite her giving you her number. Just something to think about.

What would Scars do? I would shoot my shot. I don't know her boyfriend and have no loyalty to him, and if **** turns sour you can always just reveal that she was the one that gave YOU her number. Depends on your risk tolerance I guess and how the hot the woman is.
The game is over unless she reaches out or I bump into her somewhere.

As a buddy of mine put it, some girls just have boyfriends for fun and how are they gonna meet a better guy to upgrade to unless they are open to it. Especially since she’s only 22. We all know how they work.