Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl who had a boyfriend over a year ago now hits me up.

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Over a year ago I hit on this girl pretty hard and kinda smoothly at a bar. It was a get together of a local youth "outdoors" club, and I was talking about my van that I had converted into a camper, and she joined the conversation. I asked her if she was into the #vanlife thing, and she said yes, to which I replied "nice, I was looking for an excuse to make the bed bigger". We added eachother on fb but when asking her out for a drink she mentioned a boyfriend. I asked if she wanted to upgrade to a man friend, and mentioned that she would get 50% off if she ordered immediately. We laughed it off.

Now, over a year since that conversation and no other contact since, she asked if I wanted to join her on a weekend ski trip. Is she signalling being free? Is such a long time normal for this? I'm kinda new to this game stuff, and am simply not used to the feedback loops and how long they take.

Thanks.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She wants you to pay for the trip. As in pay for her. I can smell it coming a mile away.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now, over a year since that conversation and no other contact since, she asked if I wanted to join her on a weekend ski trip. Is she signalling being free? Is such a long time normal for this?
Just ask her. Simple as that.

Yes it can be normal for girls to reach out after a long time if you left a favorable impression on her but she had other things going on at the time.

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just ask her. Simple as that.

Yes it can be normal for girls to reach out after a long time if you left a favorable impression on her but she had other things going on at the time.
Yeah I sadly have 0 to gain because I'm a 7 hour drive away from her since moving away from that city. Planted the seeds but no reaping I guess.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why the hell not go do the ski trip? Any hookup that happens is just icing on the cake. She invited you right?

Never say whoa in a horse race.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Why the hell not go do the ski trip? Any hookup that happens is just icing on the cake. She invited you right?

Never say whoa in a horse race.
He is 7 hours away after moving out of the area is probably the main reason.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With a 3 day weekend a seven hour drive is not a big deal. But I'm a guy that likes windshield time.

I'll be driving a 5 hours to go ski for the day this weekend.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, it’s probably an easy lay if you feel like driving/flying. Could be a group of her friends are coupled up and she doesn’t wanna be the 5th or 7th wheel. If you literally have nothing better to do that weekend, I say f*ck it.. go ski and have a multi-night stand.

Worst case scenario, you could get a great picture of you all decked out on skis for tinder.

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is I have planned that 7 hour trip in early March already to go see another girl :rofl:

I'll hit this one up too when I'm there.

It's not the typical skiing with lifts that you're used to over there. Here in Norway we do a lot of randonée. (you put something like sandpaper at the bottom of the skis, which allows you to also walk up with them, then you take it off and ski down!).

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She wants you to pay for the trip. As in pay for her. I can smell it coming a mile away.
Yep... She's trying to see just how 'useful' you might be to her. This happens to me on occasion. I could be wrong, but the best way to find out for sure is to say you're busy when she wants to go and offer to take her away to something else you want to do... camping... fishing, whatever and see if she bites. If she goes along with YOUR plans, then you will know she is really interested.

it's about a 50-50 chance that if you go on this ski trip and pay for it, that anything is going to happen.

You really shouldn't be going on any trips with a chick you aren't sleeping with.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, it’s probably an easy lay if you feel like driving/flying. Could be a group of her friends are coupled up and she doesn’t wanna be the 5th or 7th wheel. If you literally have nothing better to do that weekend, I say f*ck it.. go ski and have a multi-night stand.

Worst case scenario, you could get a great picture of you all decked out on skis for tinder.
I agree... as long it's something you want to do anyway. Go because you want to ski... don't go if the only reason is hooking up, but there is a good chance that isn't happening.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep... She's trying to see just how 'useful' you might be to her. This happens to me on occasion. I could be wrong, but the best way to find out for sure is to say you're busy when she wants to go and offer to take her away to something else you want to do... camping... fishing, whatever and see if she bites. If she goes along with YOUR plans, then you will know she is really interested.

it's about a 50-50 chance that if you go on this ski trip and pay for it, that anything is going to happen.

You really shouldn't be going on any trips with a chick you aren't sleeping with.
The expectation is that because she invited you, she is paying. I’d make that clear before going

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothing to pay for, you hike up the mountain on day 1, stay the night on some $20/night offgrid cabin and then ski down the next day.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothing to pay for, you hike up the mountain on day 1, stay the night on some $20/night offgrid cabin and then ski down the next day.
Okay, well then no problem. Go if you want to ski, but don't go if the only reason you are is to nail this chick or make her happy.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My 2 cents.
I never travel to meet women for a 1st meeting. I always make them come to me for the first meeting. Traveling to her=entering her frame.

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Update: I went to that city to get some stuff from storage and suggested going for a hike with her. She suggested just meeting at her place. Watched rocketman, made out, went down to business, and then she baked freshly made scones in the morning and played the guitar for me totally naked. 10/10

Lesson here I guess: when she says she has a boyfriend, maybe she does. Leave a good impression and wait for her to come to you, she'll remember.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Over a year ago I hit on this girl pretty hard and kinda smoothly at a bar. It was a get together of a local youth "outdoors" club, and I was talking about my van that I had converted into a camper, and she joined the conversation. I asked her if she was into the #vanlife thing, and she said yes, to which I replied "nice, I was looking for an excuse to make the bed bigger". We added eachother on fb but when asking her out for a drink she mentioned a boyfriend. I asked if she wanted to upgrade to a man friend, and mentioned that she would get 50% off if she ordered immediately. We laughed it off.

Now, over a year since that conversation and no other contact since, she asked if I wanted to join her on a weekend ski trip. Is she signalling being free? Is such a long time normal for this? I'm kinda new to this game stuff, and am simply not used to the feedback loops and how long they take.

Thanks.
Sounds like some kind of female bullshiiiiiiit. She fobs you off with excuses, avoids you for a year and now instead of meeting up for a drink she's talking about skiing trips.

Here's what I'd do. Tell her "Sounds nice. Let's meet up for a drink and talk about it". Her reaction to this will tell you what you need to know:

Excuses = not interested (probably just wanted a free trip)
Meets, but brings along kochblokkers or avoids getting close to you and just wants to talk about the trip = wants to take advantage of you
Meets, sits close to you, doesn't protest when you start touching her leg = maybe worthwhile, but don't go on any trips with her until after you've had sex

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Thanks.
Do some digging (directly or indirectly) is if she is single or not. If she is not, and unless she is bringing her hot-single friends then you might be in for a long and awkward weekend trip. But if she is inviting you, most likely she is single and she wants to find out more about you.

Although, we must say, after a year and a short conversation at a bar, inviting someone to a weekend ski trip is a bit sketchy. But once you know the details and as long as you're not paying for the trip, you should go and have a blast. And focus on your fun and experience regardless.

Just play it cool, and try to find out details and honestly, just straight up ask her what the deal is after a year of no contact.

And please, report back to the forum haha. We want to know what happens.

Modern Man Advice