Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl trying to hook me up with her sister (seems suspicious)

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@evansblue
Clearly your expectations for your ideal partner don't line up with what this girl is or in this case isn't doing, so you're already off to a bad start. Personally I don't mind shooting off a few texts to ask a girl out for coffee as a sort of 'second pass'. I rarely do second passes unless she's super fine though ha.

Remember, if there's anything girls like it's a big ole nutsack. Dare to say something that could ruffle feathers, dare her to do some freaky shiit when it's on, dare her to leave if things go south. That's the kind of badboy vibes that get girls wet, and I don't blame them. When you don't give a fuuck and are completely unpredictable you're a force of nature.

Dare to text her or dare her to reach out like you've been. Either way commit and don't biitch about it. It's your decision, you can't go down every path, you have to choose. You have to make mistakes, it's human nature. Just remember that YOU ultimately decide what is or isn't a mistake.

It's like poker. Learn when to go all in then have the nuts to own up to either outcome fearlessly.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, this girl I know who I see every now and then in the bar always brings up her sister to me, who I only met once. She's a cute girl, seems nice, I was kind of drunk so I don't remember. Anyway, this was a long time ago. But she always jokes about me being her sister's future husband, how good we'd be together, etc. I always politely brush it off, and just smile. Last week she was going on about it again and I said "What do you want me to do? Nothing is stopping her from coming out." And she said "Well, you have to actually try."

Try what? lol. If she doesn't tag along with her sister, there's nothing I can do about it. So, I'm not sure why she keeps bringing this up.
Girls are never direct. The sister probably likes you. Ask her out.

Or are you are you interested in the one who is trying to pawn you off?

GreatHornedOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you guys are missing his point here. He met this chick once, and doesn't really have a way of contacting her. He's told her sister to have her come out so they can talk, and she hasn't. Then you guys are telling him he's being passive. What really, is he supposed to do? How can he ask her out if he doesn't see her?

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay. What are you basing this on?
Jesus christ op. I did read and comprehend the thread. Get the sisters damn number from the sister you are talking to and take your shot and see what happens.

Maybe no interest in you, or maybe she doesn't want to seem over interested. Only one way to find out.

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
Jesus christ op. I did read and comprehend the thread. Get the sisters damn number from the sister you are talking to and take your shot and see what happens.

Maybe no interest in you, or maybe she doesn't want to seem over interested. Only one way to find out.
In a normal situation, I would agree completely Stoic. But you have to remember, the sister I have hung out with many times over the last year in the bars, and parties. If her sister was interested, why wouldn't she have tagged along so I could talk to her??? Think about it. I don't want to set myself up for rejection.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
In a normal situation, I would agree completely Stoic. But you have to remember, the sister I have hung out with many times over the last year in the bars, and parties. If her sister was interested, why wouldn't she have tagged along so I could talk to her??? Think about it. I don't want to set myself up for rejection.
Would a man of action give a crap about "rejection"?

No. Because he knows the best decision any woman could ever make is to be with him and operates from this mindset.

You definitely are not operating from this mindset, hence your inaction and posts on a forum about excuse after rationalization about why you haven't done anything.

Bro, either sh!t or get off the pot.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think that all the way through brother.

Which man is going to score more?

The man who takes his shots with women and asks them out and gets rejected from time to time.

Or the guy that plays it safe and only asks the very small minority of women that he is certain that there will be no rejection?

Rejection is part of the game man.

Best of luck.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Think that all the way through brother.

Which man is going to score more?

The man who takes his shots with women and asks them out and gets rejected from time to time.

Or the guy that plays it safe and only asks the very small minority of women that he is certain that there will be no rejection?

Rejection is part of the game man.

Best of luck.
Exactly. Show me a man who has never failed in life and I will show you a man that has accomplished almost nothing.

Reactions: BMX

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds to me like this woman is totally full of sheet and she's just messing you around. The sister BS could be a way of trying to bait you into openly stating your interest in her.

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
*Update*

Turns out the girl has a boyfriend. Good thing I didn't pursue anything, I would have looked like a fool.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because if she was at all interested, she would have tagged along with her sister when we all hung out. From the numerous parties, bars, gatherings, etc. She never did. Not once. Had she have shown up, I would have talked to her and got her number.
Some women dislike bars. Often these are your better, more desirable women.

My question is why does she want to set you with the sister and not enjoy you herself?

Thoughts?

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
She's married. And I'm not into her that way.

And her sister that now has a boyfriend, I think works part time in a bar, lol. So there goes that theory.

Maybe I was too passive, but I doubt it in this situation. When your intuition tells you something is off, it usually is. This girl would have made more of an effort to see me, especially when I've seen her sister multiple times at different social gatherings. I think I read this situation correct.